New forum function - posting anonymously, as Anonymous

The problem is, that hunter has proven to be an unreliable narrator enough times in the past, that I’m highly skeptical that we’re being given a 100% accurate and complete telling of what happened.

1 Like

I klind of had an idea it was him

Didn’t call him by name but I knew it was one of the usual suspects when I replied to his reply to the post .

Thankfully, the majority of posters do not believe in such a thing. Those of us who can think of all the ways that this would end horribly know how terrible of an idea it is.

We’re also happy to know that Blizz agrees in moving towards a system that provides us with a single identifier. Unfortunately, Blizz isn’t the creator of the software and will need to wait for the developer to make changes.

That change will not be towards anonymous posting. We already know this as fact, thankfully.

Such a funny thread. “We want more trolling and spam!!!” Yeah, no.

You’re welcome to ‘agree’ with the OP, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up. It’s a lost cause already.

5 Likes

Boy you got that right! I have had to bookmark the page because it’s such a pain in the rearend

1 Like

Hey, Perl, I’ve got a question. We know Blizzard wants to move towards the idea, but who would be responsible for adding it? Would it be Blizzard or Discourse?

Battletags are a terrible idea. Everyone should have to be identified by their legal name with a permanent internet ID number and a government-taken photograph (to be updated annually)

edit: and the home address they use to register to vote

1 Like

Except they are wrong.
KNowing a person’s battletag means nothing.

Even if you had a person’s battletag you couldn’t do anything with it other then do a friend request and that could easily be denied and they could easily block you so that none of the toons on your account could come back later and request again but you already know this but people like you will continue to perpetuate the lie when the facts don’t back you up .

1 Like

Um, yeah, real life personal information should not be used on the forums. Sorry, but it should always be sticking with a nickname or something that you gave yourself, which is why the WoW forums should use BTags, and not RealID. Let’s not forget, last time Blizzard thought about using RealID, there was a huge outrage, to even where one of the Blizzard employees got doxxed.

Oh, didn’t realize they were being silly. Sorry Greybrook for taking it a little too serious.

Discourse.

When these forums first launched, there wasn’t even an ignore system as the Discourse peeps didn’t “believe” in it. I don’t know if it was pressure from Blizz or all the different forum communities that use the software that forced the issue, but it was added after these forums launched.

And while I know that Greybrook was just being silly, it’s important to note that absolutely nobody is suggesting that RealId be used on the forums. B-tags increase our ability to ignore others as well as the ability to better protect our accounts by limiting who can try to contact us in-game.

3 Likes

i do agree with the OP.

if the forums were completely anonymous, all the users would simply just be nice and respectful to everyone.

personally, i believe that kindness and respect are very important to have in the forums, it would make for a much better forum experience as a whole for everyone involved.

2 Likes

Um yeah, you sure about that. Do you have any facts to back up that claim?

I said that, yes. You’re welcome to agree to a losing position. Blizzard has already publically stated that they want to move towards a system more like b-tags.

Sorry that you’re not going to get what you want. The good news is that the forums are a perk and Blizz (or Microsoft) can choose to delete them tomorrow if they want. You get no say whatsoever and neither do I!

But Blizzard, the company, has posted that they’re looking at making it more like ALL THE OTHER BLIZZARD FORUMS. They all use b-tags except WoW. All the “sky is falling” nonsense is just smoke and mirrors for people who wish to post without consequences and that’s not the direction Blizzard has said they’re looking to go.

So again, welcome to agreeing with a side that’s not going to win.

5 Likes

well it hasn’t happened yet, has it?

and blizzard stated that over a year ago.

we have had many updates and changes to the forums since that time but none of them included btags.

Yes, it has happened. Blizzard has indeed posted about it. Or do you mean that you think a thread like this will trick them into making their lives terrible?

It’s a losing side that you’re on, but you’re fine to be on it.

Unfortunately, I’m going to go ahead and stop pointlessly arguing with you. It’s just silly to think that Blizz would move in a direction opposite to what they, and the majority of players who post, want.

Best of luck.

6 Likes

yeah blizzard posted about it well over a year ago, probably more like 18 months or so.

when i asked if it has happened yet, i meant have the forums been updated to include btags yet.

Just because nothing has happened yet, doesn’t mean nothing will happen.

Keep in quote, this line: “easier said than done”. There is a lot of coding, there is a lot of work, there is basically a lot that needs to be done before it can get added, and this sort of thing isn’t a “it happens overnight” scenario.

3 Likes

Translation:

That’s pretty much your thread and all people who are anti-btaggers. Pro harm as usual.

1 Like

If they had any proof of these changes coming, they would be linking it.

That they haven’t speaks volumes of their own confidence in this.

yeah that’s what im thinking too.

1 Like

i think it would be best to quote someone accurately if you quote someone.

accurate quoting is much more polite, in my opinion.

i hope you have a lovely day, friend .