New forum function - posting anonymously, as Anonymous

And it works in all other games’ forums like Diablo 4 for example :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well it has nothing to do with protecting your privacy because btags don’t harm your privacy.

You keep spouting the same lies but in the end we all know the reason you don’t want them is because they would make things harder for trolls like you.

4 Likes

the best option for forum design on the wow forums is complete anonymous posting, like the OP suggested.

after doing some careful thinking, i believe that these forums would greatly benefit from everyone posting under the same user name of “anonymous user”

1 Like

It’s how literally every blizzard forum except wow works.

And if you’re going to argue that wow is uniquely bad, let’s analyze what the differences are.

exactly, so if the wow forums are operating differently, then blizzard must have a very distinct and important reason for doing so, correct?

it is obvious that blizzard does have the technology to implement btags on the wow forums should they choose, but they have chosen to not do so, correct?

Not really.

Just quoting myself because nothing has changed since I last posted.

1 Like

well then why don’t the wow forums use btags then?

this user has explained that btags would not be good for the forums and i would agree.

That is a great fanfic, 10/10

you can go read the post for yourself and then discuss it with the author if you so choose.

But you chose to debate it. If you want to walk away from it, so be it.
What you FAIL to see is that the user is only against exposing the full battle tag here, which I can’t really care about.

The user is not against removing the ability to alt post. What we want is that you have only one identity for posting in the forums, today you can have almost unlimited with your account, which allows people to create narratives and even gatekeep conversation with alts posting.

Veid, that is Doobly or Khrog or which ever 100’s of alts they were.

2 Likes

Only thing reddit is good for is the discussion of corn.

:corn:

1 Like

i wasnt here to debate that author’s experience, i merely quoted it as an example to show that anonymous user posting would be the best possible solution for the wow forums.

Hmmm, seems corny of a discusion.

1 Like

Indeed. Lol but its good to keep an ear out…

ba dum tssh

2 Likes

I’m so very thankful that Blizzard has already said that they wish to move towards something like b-tags on the WoW forums. Anonymous posting would be absolutely terrible and full of trolling, hate, nonsense, and people pretending that posting with character names is somehow “not private.”

I’m +1 for B-tags and the safety they bring. They’re so much better than the current system and have improved control over who can contact you. They’re superior to the current system, and thankfully, we all know that Blizz isn’t going to go anonymous.

8 Likes

I got an upset whisper once. Definitely a great laugh.

i believe anonymous posting would provide an overall net benefit for the wow forums, which is why i agree with the OP.