New forum function - posting anonymously, as Anonymous

I mean on the one hand it’s not like we’re writing the Federalist Papers so anonymity isn’t exactly going to change the world on these forums.

On the other hand it’s a video game forum so it’s not like there is some deeply meaningful discourse being disrupted by anons either.

It’s quite the non-issue overall.

2 Likes

Which is likely another reason Blizz ignores it as such.

2 Likes

Can’t imagine it’s very important to them and anything that keeps us arguing with each other instead of them is a good thing for them. I remember when btags were “imminent” at least according to some on these forums before I took a break a year ago.

Guess that didn’t work out…but I’m sure they will keep beating the drum and insisting that the next day of buggy forums is them working on btag implementation. :stuck_out_tongue:

bc it isn’t. the only ppl who care this much abt it are the same 5-10 (idk since they admit to alt hopping too) ppl in the other thread. blizz does not care grown adults can’t use the ignore function properly. surely if sock puppeting and trolling were so rampant they’d ban way more abt fix the forums lol

3 Likes

Moderation isn’t nearly as lax as people claim it is. Threads are cleared out and suspensions handed down on a near daily basis. They have all of the behind the scenes data to know how much sockpuppeting is happening and who is doing it. False flagging and harassment are already against the CoC.

If there was a widespread problem that was truly impacting the quality of their forums they would have fixed it through bans or btags by now. :man_shrugging:

And, of course, the infamous blue post that clearly says it isn’t happening that much, a line that is always ignored in favor of the “but it does happen” line.

1 Like

If anything, we should be going in the opposite direction with battletag only posting. Keep character names visible, but it should be done through btag specifically. Anonymous shenanigans is exactly why people post with the nerve they have in the first place. And it shouldn’t be encouraged. Anonymous posting would open the floodgates of harassment and trolling. Not to mention people with zero experience talking on things they know nothing about.

Absolutely not.

3 Likes

btags are the worst idea, imagine same named people posting. We need more privacy, that’s why anonymous posting would be great.

We are here to talk and discuss not to ridicule and face harassment because of personal and different opinions.

Something like this?

https://i.imgur.com/M0EWbuh.png

1 Like

Yes. I’d be fine with something like that.

1 Like

i would have to agree with this statement, thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its a video game forum. Relax.

Oh I’m perfectly relaxed. When I use the phrase “the nerve”, I don’t mean it negatively. It’s just the most PG way I could say what I was thinking. lol

1 Like

Hey are you the same Jane Smith I went to Nosuchperson High school with? Aw man we almost went to prom together!

1 Like

Guess again .

WoW is the only one not to use Battletags as an identifier . The others do but show just the name .

But like wow when you mouse over a person’s character on the bottom left you get the character’s name and server . With the other Blizzard forums you get their battle tag name and numbers
https:// imgur. com/iueVuZJ

Where do you think they got their Phd in trolling

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the input alt of btag advocate that is astroturfing the problem for which the solution must be implemented.

2 Likes

there is a very important reason why the wow forums don’t use btags.

What about NO and give us battle tag only forums so people can’t go alt-posting.

3 Likes

Whether or not people believe it, the posting option that gives you the maximum amount of control in who can contact you is btag only posting, with no character attached.

2 Likes

They don’t need them on the WoW forums.

Suspensions apply account wide.