New forum function - posting anonymously, as Anonymous

the OP’s suggestion makes alot of sense - will help everyone to feel more confident when posting on the forums; it offers nothing but positive benefits for the wow forums.

1 Like

You’re free to pick any anonymous identity you want.

The problem with the forums is that people aren’t limited to just 1.

6 Likes

Hold up is this a veiled btag thread?

Cause I’m all for it displaying btags.

2 Likes

Let me ask you this: Does it really? And how does it help?

Please, answer this question, Doobly or Khrog or which ever you want to be called.

2 Likes

well the OP already addressed this:

i’m glad i could help you with that. have a lovely day, friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

That doesn’t even answer the question. Let me repeat:

Does it really, and how?

Do you not understand the question:

Does it really boost self confidence, and if it does, how does it boost self confidence? Because these 2 and 2 actually does not even connect.

Also, thank you for confirming who you are, Khrog.

1 Like

If you’re scared to say something, then maybe you shouldn’t say it.

If the only way you feel confident saying something is if you’re completely anonymous, then that’s a bad thing.

Tumblr allows anonymous asks and do you know who uses those? People who are abusive. They insult people, tell them to off themselves, and they get away with it because no one knows who they are.

Yes, being anonymous gives people confidence. Confidence to be the scum of humanity and get away with it because they can’t be held responsible for their actions.

If you can’t say it off anon, don’t say it. Period.

5 Likes

This is also why the forums need BTags too, and not so much of the same problem as Tumblr, but with people switching alts to troll the forums…

2 Likes

that’s a very good point, i hadn’t thought of it in that way before.

thank you for bringing that into the conversation.

1 Like

In otherwords, you’re just spamming the same thing over and over. Cool story.

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity

reddit is a very successful internet forum, i think that the wow forums could benefit from being more like reddit.

Have you been on reddit before? It’s filled with nothing but trolls, lies and abuse BECAUSE it’s anonymous.

2 Likes

Don’t feed them. They’ve done this sort of thing before across so many characters and across so many threads. Best to ignore them.

2 Likes

More or less, yes.

I agree.

thank you for supporting this idea. People already said that they had bad experiences with stalkers here on our forums.

because some people are just affraid to express their opinions because of those who are eady to riducule every other opnion they do not like, then call poster a troll, etc.

2 Likes

Yes that is true and anonymous posting would definitely help to alleviate that issue.

Whenever I need to read a story that I 100% know never happened I go to reddit.

Posting on wow forums is so serious we need to know everyone’s identity at all times!

1 Like

Lmao, Reddit. I’m still laughing over the “reddit is the best internet forum” comment.

1 Like

If you don’t see the appeal of having mentally ill shut ins spend 22 hours a day regulate wrongthink and set the overton window then I don’t know what to say.

2 Likes