New Dungeon Finder being used?

So are people using the new LFD tool in beta?

Not really, spent all day yesterday trying to run dungeons on both tanks and healers depending on what was being sought at the time and managed about 4 runs between just straight inactivity and losing people on the long run to dungeons.

3 Likes

And does world-wide LFG channel still exist? If so we can all just keep using LFG bulletin board addon, probably better than the groupfinder.

You can’t communicate in LFG at all unless you’re listend in the new tool.

1 Like

Wow so extra steps to go through for no reason, got it.

7 Likes

In a way that new process could stop random nonsense spamming or troll discussion that happen in LFG currently. Of course nothing stopping those trolls from listing themselves in new tool just to be able to troll LFG like they do now.

Edit: Blizz does want us to use the report feature more often for LFG channel if people aren’t using it for the purpose intended. So maybe the automated report/ban system will better at removing such trolls/boosters

It still exists in Retail.

Wut?

Really?

:eyes:

The LFG addon already takes care of that, parsing the channel and neatly organises everything. Spam isnt an issue now with this. I dont even have the channel turned on and can just use bulletin board addon, nice and clean.

Lol 100 people online testing all kinds of things… guy on forums ," no one using it" lol these people

3 Likes

Yes. You can’t type in the LFG channel unless you’re listed in the LFG tool. It’s Blizzards way of forcing people to use their mediocre tool. I’ll imagine people are going to list themselves for a random dungeon then go back to spamming the LFG channel anyway. We may also see people just use the trade channel in capital cities instead of being forced to use the crap tool.

2 Likes

Here’s what people will do.

They’ll list themselves under “Custom” with gibberish typed in the field, then spam LFG for a group.

2 Likes

Sounds more like a way of shutting down the most popular world-wide chat channel… even still, in Retail.

I mean, in TBC Classic, I haven’t relied solely on the LFG tool, but use it in combination with /LookingForGroup and whatever else I might have at my disposal, like a friend’s list and guild, but none of that requires me to be listed (doesn’t seem like a good feature — but it’s also hard to imagine).

Im at work atm but was home yesterday and spent all day trying to use it to run dungeons. Bad tool is bad, bring back RDF.

6 Likes

No one said anything about the beta population as it just started, however blizz should have invited enough players to get an appropriate sample size to begin the beta process.

Ok lets say RDF was there… you wouldnt have waited aslong?

No, i would have hit a button and been in a dungeon, then another, then another. Thats the whole point, are you new here?

4 Likes

Oh ok so people would have dropped what they were testing to que in RDF but not in LFG. Just wanted clarification

1 Like

Yeah, people would use the authentic and convenient feature over the convoluted time waster that we got. Don’t know why I bother responding to people that don’t even play the game.

3 Likes

Authentic wrath beta didnt have RDF…

1 Like

Authentic wrath did, try to keep up.

1 Like