New cut scene confirms jailer

What cutscene are we talking about? Can someone link it?

lol nah, WoW is still wayyyy off from those concepts.

I love Total War Warhammer 2. Waiting eagerly for Warhammer 3 to release. But WoW is definitely still in its own world.

Now, when Paladins are able to wield automatic guns as their primary or chainsaws as swords, then I’ll say we’re borderline Warhammer.

1 Like

Nah it just confirms that Blizzard is willing to retcon their lore at any given opportunity.

Is this a bad thing though? At least they’re constantly expanding on the story.

Look at how much Disney has been retconning Star Wars…sometimes its necessary to keep a story evolving instead of writing yourself into a dead end and saying oh well.

It can be both a bad thing and a good thing, it all depends on how it’s done.

I don’t know about Disney because I personally hate it.

But Blizzard hasn’t always been very good at it.

I just…I just want Azeroth to finally mature and become a Titan only for the Pantheon to realize they’ve been deceived by the Jailer this entire time and he managed to corrupt it with Death magic where the void failed.

Then Azeroth, in all its irony, will destroy the pantheon once and for all and release sargeras from his captivity. Then together, our three true protagonists all along, Sargeras, the Jailer and Azeroth will fight the void lords together.

…with we the champions, of course.

We’ve linked both of them in the thread. Briselody linked the Runecarver one in post 17 and I linked the most recent one, in post 22.

WoD. On the load screen, Kargath’s blade is on his right arm. In game it’s on his left.

That was supposed to be fixed. Did they get lazy? And people were raging about that for quite some time, because it was ridiculous. Making a similar mistake would be outrageous.

1 Like

Very interesting theory. I never thought of that.

and chris metzen is no longer there, and has nothing at all to do with anything blizzard does anymore. he’s gone, and like any administration, the first thing the new boss does is clean house and then re-arrange it to suit his whimsy.

1 Like

The Jailer knew about Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination very well. He is the dark presence behind the Helm of Domination as confirmed by Bolvar. His presence is what drove Ner’zhul and Arthas mad.

Bolivar says there’s a dark presence. But I don’t remember him confirming it’s the Jailer himself, did he?

So like GoT, complete with the iffy writing after a generally agreed upon “about here-ish” point.
Edit, Eeyyy, hey Mortis!

Let me tell you about Kargath Bladefist’s blade fist switching hands. It still irritates me.
https://external-preview.redd.it/MZuHataqHOZuWqnP5PAoIEH7T1R-9QhNE5TPK8zg0Xs.jpg?auto=webp&s=433d60b86878a7d3111c91213b2a1ef64d780fcf
Here, it’s his right hand.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=78714/kargath-bladefist
Here, the screen shots show it’s his left.

WHICH IS IT??
Shoulda kept reading. Someone else got it. Oops. But with their current glaring lack of QC, I would not at all be surprised to see a repeat mistake.

1 Like

The missing primus, whom we have a statue of wearing a mask, is known to craft powerful “mourne blades” and ‘artifacts’, that towers several feet above us and has been gone for many years … is actually the really tall guy tied up in Torghast that towers above us with a mask on, that needs memories restored to craft us legendary gear?! No way! :open_mouth:

Next you’re going to tell me that the House of Plagues was destroyed to steal the plague and deliver it to Azeroth… probably by the neighboring House of Rituals, full of Lich. And that they had to destroy their other neighbor, the House of Eyes because they’re a bunch of spies who saw what a Lich did. :thinking: Almost like the whole land mass of Maldraxxus was like… a staging ground for … an army to fly into our realm with a necropolis. One that has four wings and a master atop that represents each of the Houses.

Crazy talk.

1 Like

We were discussing this earlier. They were supposed to fix it and apologized. If they haven’t learned from that outrage, then there’s going to be hell to pay if they were that lazy and did that craptastic of a job this time around.

1 Like

Yeah I added that I should have kept reading, entirely my fault.
I don’t have the faith in them that you do. Not art, but SL is littered with typos and grammatical errors. If so much of that got through, I have zero faith that they coordinated on art. This expac was rushed worse than BfA. I’d love for you to be right, honestly, since you’re one of the few to pick up on it. I just really think it’s typical current day “eh, good enough” WoW dev work.

2 Likes

It’s not in the lore, no. We’ve already discussed that, as well. If they retcon anything else with this crap storyline for Shadowlands, I may just give up on WoW completely.

Yeah, if that’s the case and if they retcon anything else, I’m just done. lol

2 Likes

Can’t even blame you!

1 Like