New cut scene confirms jailer

Its the former

Thing is the Primus disappeared after going to see what the Jailer was up to .

As for the finger difference . One person could of drawn the Primus and another the runecarver not knowing they were the same because that would of been more of the story team . The artist could of been given a general idea of what the Primus/Runecarver looked like . One gave 4 fingers one gave 5 and it was probably so insignificant of a difference that no one noticed and both got through.

Edit : Kind of like how Stonetalon Garrosh was noble and then Blizz said the person that did that didn’t know they were making him villianous

1 Like

*have, not of. :wink:

And if Blizz’s art team isn’t on the same design page IN THE SAME EXPANSION, that’s ridiculous beyond all rhyme and reason and a crap excuse.

2 Likes

There’s rifts already popping around bastion with void like creatures.

Like I said it could of been a case of something not so noticeable .

We as players notice every small detail because we pick at everything .

We are so busy looking for all the little details that the best way to say how players see things is .

We can’t see the forest for the trees.

Tree: one has four fingers and one has five can’t be the same .

Forest : Both have a lot of similarities, both are weaponsmiths, both use runes in their weapons.

One is looking at it with a magnifying glass and the other is stepping back and looking at the whole picture.

1 Like

That’s extremely noticeable to not have even remotely the same hands or anything.

I’m still of the opinion it isn’t him. And if it is, this will just be more piss poor storytelling and even worse art design.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say bad story telling .

Remember the Runecarver had his memories stolen from him and may not know he is the Primus and who knows as the xpac goes along , we give him back enough memories to remember who he is .

I honestly don’t think we will know for sure until leading up to the final patch where we fight the Jailer.

I hate how they’re basically rewriting the lore around this convuluted nonsense.

I highly doubt this was in the lore bible, this had to be a recent thing.

1 Like

Yes… I know… but it’s still piss poor storytelling to create one character that looks nothing like the other and suddenly say, “Yeah, that’s him! We made it that obvious! Ignore the obvious bad art we did!”

2 Likes

I wish I never bought the Chronicles series

:weary:

2 Likes

Like I always say .

WoW story telling retired with Metzen

4 Likes

Who wrote MoP? It wasn’t Metzan IIRC, but they did a good job.

I think it more likely that the Runecarver is one of the First Ones and that the Primus was his pupil. My theory is the Primus may actually be Ve’nari in disguise. He went to find the Runecarver and found him chained up but he was unable to free him and is using you to do so.

2 Likes

Metzen was still VP of story and franchise at the time so more then likely had his hand in it.

But yeah they did do a good job on the story .

That would be a cool possibility .

1 Like

More Warhammer every day. Look at all these potential factions/forces at play

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Ze5s_YI6IMHk65qmljUUyf7mV8U=/1400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/11716307/Screenshot_2018_07_19_13.58.30.png

I think Ve’nari is going to be just a disguise, that they will be someone we already know. I think the warning from the brokers not to trust Ve’nari is because they know Ve’nari is not one of them. Since the Primus represents the five traits of Maldraxxus including guile and insight it would be easy to think him capable of disguising himself. Not to mention the unique goods sold by Ve’nari including (rune) tattoos to protect you.

3 Likes

I mean the g it can mass rez an army, I wouldn’t be surprised

Interesting idea

Don’t feel bad. I bought them as well.