New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

Lbr, if any of the Allied Races were in desperate need of a re-pass on customization options (and all of the first gen were), it was Nightborne. Yes, even more than Void Elves.

Really hope they get some kind of bone thrown their way. I feel bad for Nightborne players right now.

4 Likes

(Commentary): Nightborne donā€™t need a repass on customization. They need to be completely torn down and rebuilt from the ground up! Nightborne need a major overhaul. Void Elves just needed expanded customization and a little lore to point out the High Elves and Void Elves in the Alliance are working together.

Well, Iā€™m not gonna argue with that by any means. Just trying to look at whatā€™s realistic here for the short term. Expanded customization for Nightborne now at the beginning of Shadowlands with a nod towards a possible model touch up/rebuild in the future would be be a good start.

Iā€™d err on the side of caution.

Personally I like my nightborne,but I can see with my own two eyes that theyā€™re not the same as the npcs.

Different face politic, better overall stance ect.

But I donā€™t want them reworked into something worse when they can just add better face and feature options.

Maybe modify the stance?

1 Like

Instead if reposting here, I am gonna link this. I thought this can be a good compromise; Instead of of complaining about VE we can instead suggest race diversity in the playable army of the light!

1 Like

I think itā€™s a neat idea. Take my likes and my wishes for the best of luck in your endeavors, sir.

Nah, Iā€™m actually happy with my Nightborne overall. At most, I just want more skin tone, face, and hairstyle options. What Iā€™d reeeaaaly like is a pure, black as pitch skin tone. Let me go full Drow on this guy.

3 Likes

I love it. Fingers crossed for you! Really hoping that this whole thing is a sign that theyā€™re prepping a new customization rollout for all the other ARs too.

One developmental reason for Void Elf additions is it is very little work (the textures already exist) and itā€™s a highly requested feature.

So little work for so much reward. It may also be possible they want to push out the story aspect, as they want to show that Void Elves have expanded their ranks to include recent High Elf Wayfarers and even some Blood Elf Scholars.

To be fair Void Elves were pretty thin on story compared to pretty much any other Allied Race.

Rest assured though Nightborne will get treatment comparable to Night Elves. Iā€™m expecting very dark skin tones, new hair and importantly for me a choice of ear sizes. It also wouldnā€™t surpise me if they added in some new faces that more closely resemble the original Nightborne NPCs, because that is clearly much desired.

2 Likes

Kind of like Sylvanas was the only forsaken without bones sticking out?

Oops, that was fixed too!

2 Likes

Iā€™d love Ethereal bandages with void glow leaking out for VElf arms/legs (Iā€™m sure that would be a pain for gear), but any optional customization is good :upside_down_face:

Nightborne are ā€œpopularā€ but got botched models.
I fully expect you guys getting huge amounts of love when the actual Allied Race pass happens. Feels like you guys were more last second; like, potentially werenā€™t even going to be playable and they ran out of time.

People seem to forget void elf is literally the exact same model as the blood elf with new assets slapped ontop. Nightborne canā€™t have copy/paste jobs like some of the other older allied races. (I havenā€™t checked if you can copy/paste onto Lightforged/Highmountain, but they look like they could as well, and itā€™s likely they may get a few options secretly because of that if so. Theyā€™re not not as popular, nor a part of one of the biggest/longest requests people have had in this game since Vanilla.)

Patience guys.
Thereā€™s a reason this oneā€™s an exception. Iā€™m not expecting anything for actual void elves until the patch either, but Iā€™m just grateful my high elf friends got something.

1 Like

hi is there any chance that auric sunchaser can be added as an NPC in silvermoon? i remember he was the high elf representative in queldanas in wotlk! and there were several high elves alongside him! It also had a text that said that the children of silvermoon had to be united! now that blood elves have blue eyes it would be nice to see auric as npc in silvermoon!
htt ps:// pbs.twim g. com/media/DwVTa 6EX0AAeRlJ .jpg

2 Likes

(Query): Why? As of BFA heā€™s still Alliance. There is an Islandā€™s Expeditions team named after him, and when Alleria went to the Sunwell he wasnā€™t there anymore. Nor were any pilgrims.

5 Likes

When Classic :moneybag: wakes up the Retail Devs, they actually will make an MMORPG. Took how many years to do this? Jeez

there are many things in wow that have the name auric!

but the last time we saw the NPC auric sunchaser was in queldanas !! along with the high elves and blood elves saying that the children of silvermoon have to be united!

1 Like

Well, to be honest I like the Nightborne models.

ā€˜Botchedā€™ isnā€™t the right term Iā€™d say. They arenā€™t broken or done without effort or thought. They changed the face, Iā€™d likely say, to look closer to Night Elves so they didnā€™t have to completely redo the facial rigging-- so itā€™s more a question of cost efficiency given how the other ARā€™s were done at the time.

At the time remember all the others were repaints.

RIP Horde population.

I guess I will get to enjoy War Mode bonus at least. :confused:

My beloved fresh blue friend. While Iā€™m glad this is being done as a compromise for all the High Elf shenanigans. If Blood Elves are gonna have basically all of our customization options usable by Void Elvesā€¦ Can we at least get to use the cute Void Elf hairstyles?(minus the void/tentacly appearance, of course).

Like, the hair the first Void Elf female is using, and at the bottom(the image with 4 females), the first two with the same hairstyle. I would LOVE to have an option like that for my Blood Elves. Those styles are beyond words pretty. And, since Void Elves are getting all of our options, Iā€™d assume giving the Blood Elves some new hairstyles wouldnā€™t be much more work.

Pass this along to your higher ups, please? <3

4 Likes

(Commentary): And the last time we saw Quelā€™Danas, he wasnā€™t there.

(Query): Why are Blood Elves suddenly so very interested in having High Elves in their zones and cities? Arenā€™t they traitors who sided with the Alliance over Quelā€™Thalas?

8 Likes