New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

I look at it as a good thing though. Because it is giving people the oppitunity to be an Alliance High Elf via the Void Elf Allied Race.

But still needing confirmation from Blizzards end in regards to the customisations for what the real deal is.

5 Likes

I found this thread interesting as it pertains to the topic of “a mass horde exodus”.

Where for as far as i’ve read into that thread, not one was related to the addition of High Elves on the Alliance.

Maybe, but they could have just been all like “we heard your desires and are giving blue eyes to blood elves” without giving void elves squat. Especially since they initially said allied races weren’t getting any new options at launch.

Obviously that would have caused an uproar on the forums… but didn’t announcing the inheriting of Blood Elf skin colors for Void Elves also cause an uproar on the forums? So they didn’t really dodge any bullets there.

I’m not sure where the truth really lies. It could be simply the devs going all Oprah and saying “you get customization, and you get customization, and so do you too!”

Hopefully they extend this mindset to Nightborne. They really need some love.

4 Likes

Absolutely agree.

Of all of the initial four allied races, Nightborne need the most help. I’m still holding out hope that Blizzard get some Nightborne options in for Shadowlands launch.

I want to see them get more skin tone options, more hairstyles (even if they are just ports from other races), more hair colors, and most importantly, face options that look like the NPC’s, don’t look old, and don’t look angry or ugly. I’d also like to see male Nightborne legs get a little beefed up so they don’t look like fragile, spindly, twigs.

2 Likes

This would be great. It would be even better if they could add in those arcane threads they have going through their hands and hair as an additional customization option as well.

1 Like

I would not object to those options either! The more the merrier!

1 Like

Yeah I don’t play Blood elves so the alliance getting “High Elves” wouldn’t make me want to play it either…?

1 Like

I always thought the arcane effect on the hands should come from the heritage set’s hand slot (since other gloves would hide it anyway). Instead it came with uninteresting purple gloves. That way, if you want glowing hands, you’d just need to transmog them.

4 Likes

That would have been nice, but it’s not really an option at this point since the heritage armor is already done. It would be nice if they added it as an alternative option for it, as well as the ability to separate the chin part from the robes. Also a pant option, similar to what Blood Elf heritage armor got, for those who want it.

Speaking of heritage armor piece separation: an option to have the wings not tied directly to the Void Elf heritage chest would be great.

3 Likes

I hope their heritage set is revised.

• Remove chin plate from set. Put chin plate as customization.
  • Make an alternative skirtless chest slot
  • Add alternative hand slot with glowing hands.
  • Add the red/gold variant.

Perfection!

7 Likes

I agree with all of these. Additionally, I would love if they added the completed but inaccessible variants for all of the original 4 Allied Races.

1 Like

Don’t forget the matching heritage weapons!

4 Likes

Yes! They really need to add these. No sense in making nice high res weapons to just do nothing with them, except maybe shove a few on some flavor NPCs.

1 Like

Oh, yeah. Zandalari, kul tiran and lightforged weapons are already available, but there’s a ton of NPC nightborne weapons, some dark iron and a few void elf weapons in the files that should be given to players.

9 Likes

Looks like Lightforged had 4, Nightborne had 2, but the Void Elves and Highmountain only had 1 each.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. Even still, if they don’t want to create new tints, at least make all of the ones that they created available for use.
No excuse not to, since Mag’har already get multiple anyway.

2 Likes

Someone on MMOChampion posted a fanmade recolor of the Void Elf heritage armor:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475039973486362627/716332367631089664/unknown.png

It actually looks pretty darn snazzy.

13 Likes

That does look really good though.

1 Like

That’s really nice.

1 Like