New Customization Options for Blood Elves and Void Elves

I can’t even.

Some of us hope not.

1 Like

Hey, Blizzard wrote it.

1 Like

If you have any pictures from your “Magic Mike” days… I’m taking a collection :smirk:

I need an adult!

Wait I’m an adult…

2 Likes

I should certainly hope so if you have a history of “Magic Mike Days”!

I think someone made a texture swap to test regular colors on void elf hair and it looked amazing!

I’m wondering though, if this is given, if they’ll let tentacles be toggled as well… Or maybe not, since it might break some hairstyles… :thinking:

1 Like

Would you be opposed to white hair? I’d much rather white hair than blonde hair personally.

1 Like

I actually checked all the Void Elf hairstyles. All of the ones with tentacles would look fine if the tentacles were simply removed without anything replacing them, but a few of them would look better with the tentacles kept but re-textured as hair.

This would be nice, as there are a few hairs that I would’ve liked to actually add tentacles to.

White is a nice color for Void Elves.

3 Likes

Oh really? you mean, you tried in a modelviewer or something? I’d figure they would be missing patches where the hair used to be. Cool then!

Ah, found the picture I was looking:

lol it was your comment.

3 Likes

Especially the ladiesssssssssss… :nail_care:

1 Like

Ah no I didn’t load them up in a model viewer, just the wowhead dressing room.

Surprisingly enough you can see how many of the tentacle parts seem to be just stuck on/in/behind the head/hair and separate from the actual hair model.

I’ve always suspected that High Elves were originally going to be one of the Legion allied races but then the devs became so enamored with the Alleria arc and the aesthetics of her void form that they shifted their design to Void Elves.

Assuming my little conspiracy theory here is correct (and it quite possible isn’t so don’t take it as more than fanfiction), it’s possible that some work was already done on High Elf hairstyles that were later reworked to be more “voidy” with tentacles attached so that they would instead serve more thematically for Void Elves.

On the other hand even if my little theory is wrong, the tentacles still seem like they may have been an afterthought addition to the hairstyles. They really look like they could be outright removed from the hair model without leaving any visible gaps in most cases.

Hopefully someone with the know how and software could tell us for sure. Maybe someone should give Talendrion a ring >_>

2 Likes

One more like in the OP, please. :grin:

1 Like

I Gotchu. :+1:

1 Like

Yesssss!

500 likes!

1 Like

If this is true, I assume their reasoning also tied into the whole “they have to look different for the duration of BfA” thing.

That’s quite possible. Or they simply wanted to have a drastic differential between them and Blood Elves at first for fear of upsetting Horde players (an obviously valid concern if the forums are any indicator).

But now moving into Shadowlands, seeing no mass exodus of Horde players to Alliance because of Void Elves, and because the call for playable Alliance High Elves has not abated one iota, perhaps they felt it was a more opportune time to add the options, both to simply add more options, to try and appease those asking for Alliance High Elves, and slip in those blue eyes for Blood Elves too.

2 Likes

It sounds as if the reaction to the blue eyes being announced to be NPC only was actually what caused them to revisit this issue.

2 Likes