New Class / Race Wishlist

Like I said, it was an old post. 2017 to be more exact, before BFA was released.

But we did get an explanation for KT shamans though.

Yeah, and the Shadowmoon Exiles also said they’d never, ever practice void magic when we left them in WoD, yet here we are. Yrel went from being chummy buds with Durotan to suddenly killing him and only him in particular amongst the mag’har leadership. Just toss more retcons around-- put more fuel on the trash-fire.

Option A) They go back to Draenor and find out Grommash was a big liar and the Lightbound aren’t the evil ones, and some join up with the Horde to help fight Void Threat #728104.
Option B) They go back to Draenor and capture a group of Lightbound and manage to “deprogram” them, and make them realize that what they were doing is totally uncool. They keep the light powers.
Option C) They decide to fight fire with fire, seeing as how they seem perfectly okay with using Void magic against the Void.

1 Like

An even better reason to do it then. Less ugly mudhut races we have to look at and Blizzard get to make some serious capital from all the race changes. A win/win.

3 Likes

Nah. Belf Druids wouldn’t work-- They’d turn into a cat, claw at something, and immediately flee for fear of breaking a nail.

Or they’d spend all day grooming themselves.

3 Likes

That is a good point, but in so many years things vould change. Perhaps they were turned to study void again to vounter attack the growing Light zealots.

And Yrel already struck me as someone who is putting everything into the light in the questing experience. If she had a vision and it was the only way to achieve security she thought off I do think she would turn to become what she recently shown us. Because I didn’t see in her proper restraint / self-critism either which is so usually factor when people go overboard with power once it’s given to them.

At least this is my attempt on explaining it.

You’re a terribly entilted person for claiming that with straight face and best example why such a players musn’t be catered to.

1 Like

I’d be so excited to have another boring rendition of tacky French renaissance architecture with a vapid and nondescript race to complement it.

Dross.

I’m just saying Blizzard should go where the money is.

If everyone is beautiful, then no one is beautiful. That’s why we keep orcs and tauren and forsaken around. So we can still be beautiful by comparison.

Trolls are already beautiful.

1 Like

Since things have to be given out in pairs…

Night Elf Paladins done in a true Elunian style and Forsaken Blight Druids who tell the Cenarians to go get buried, founded by dead Gilnean Druids who get turned by the Forsaken.

2 Likes

There are five classes I think that every single race should be able to use. Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, and Warlock. The first four are lorewise just physical disciplines that don’t require any powers or abilities to achieve. Even Monk is something everyone can do because everyone has life energy inside them that can be channeled as Chi.

As for Warlocks, well, any race can (and very clearly HAS if you look at all the various NPC enemies across the game’s existence) make deals with demons and other dark creatures for power. And every race has been kicked in the teeth often enough that I think it’s very plausible for them to want to use the most destructive weapon they can get their hands on to stop it from happening again. Honestly, with the Legion destroyed, I think now more than ever you’d have people from the more holy or nature-worshiping races being willing to give the Fel a try, since there’s not an organized army trying to reach and destroy Azeroth anymore.

Also, any race that has Priests should also have Paladins because it’s literally just using mundane martial fighting techniques alongside priest spells of whatever flavor their race uses to channel that sort of energy.

1 Like

Wouldn’t regular Gnomes make more sense for the biologist schtick? Mechagnomes are the very furthest race from embracing nature, they practically rejected it outright. Nature isn’t good enough in their opinions.

I’m going to be a stick in the mud and say no more druids.

I’d like Kaldorei Paladins but only if they are truly Elunite paladins and not the Light associated kind. If they can’t do that then just keep it.

1 Like

Could be Void Elf Druids.

I honestly would prefer if they just opened up all classes to all races already. “Because Lore” be damned.

1 Like

Dwarf druids make more sense as a way to rebalance the druid races, with Wildhammers being added as a customization option. Unlike their fellow dwarves, they don’t build elaborate mountain halls, they build little hobbit holes out in nature in forested valleys and meadows. They lack the industry shown by the Bronzebeards and Dark Irons that leads them to clear-cut and strip mine—they’re far more respectful of the natural world, more so than the majority of races.

As shown by them being the first to tame gryphons and how integrated gryphons have become in their culture, they have an incredible affinity for animals—maybe there’s a gryphon Wild God out there that could teach them. They live within spitting distance of an Emerald Dream portal (or at least the Aerie Peak Wildhammers do).

Finally, a dwarf that could turn into a bear with a beard and braids would be the greatest thing ever.

2 Likes

Wildhammer also show reverence to the Earth Mother, even if they don’t outright worship her like Tauren do. With the customization options making them available to play, they are just about the only currently existing Alliance race that could role Druid that already cannot.

6 Likes

That’s an RPG thing, I think (which incidentally also had druids as a favored class of the Wildhammers, and said that druidism was a major element of their religion). So it’s non-canon, but shows that the Blizzard writers that collaborated on the RPG felt that druids were a natural fit for Wildhammers, even if it hasn’t made it back into canon lore yet. It wouldn’t be the first time that they re-canonized RPG lore in the recent past (a surprising amount of Kul Tiras/Zandalar lore in BfA came straight out of the RPG books).

5 Likes

They would probably have a lot of respect for Malfurion.

That’s not an option too.