New Class / Race Wishlist

Eh. Unless it was a, no pun intended, wildly different interpretation of the class vis-à-vis the Mechagnome transformers I suggested, I really couldn’t see a Forsaken Druid.

Although turning into undead animals would be neat and if they’re doing LForged Shadow Priests then we’ve officially stopped caring about antithetical power use. So screw it. Undead everything.

But if I could just pick one - Forsaken Paladins. The lores there bubble cannibalize would be a lot of fun.

Kultiran druidic forms are already tied to Death, as it is part of the cycle.

Opening new classes for Lightforged can be done, if they start using another Na’ru to “lightforge” current Draeneis, since Xe’ra is gone, and all playable LFD are members of the army of the light that have been fighting for thousands and thousands of years.

Worgen Monk for sure is a must.

1 Like

I don’t think that belf druid is a good idea. First of all Alliance needs it’s counterpart and mechagnome ain’t it.

Secondly belves are already waaay too overpopulated in Horde (they often make from 32-45% of Horde population depending on realm) AND on top of that have exclusive class that only they can play (dh).

And lastly what defines this race, what made them become who they are today is that they refused to embrace druidism. Taking care of plants is not what makes one a druid it’s connection to emerald dream which belves don’t have and neither do mecha gnomes. Mecha gnomes live in hidden metropoly that is filled with mechanic stuff, gears, devices and not a single plant or pet.

Worgen are druid because the curse came from scythe of Elune so embracing the curse and nelf teachings they came to define their powers.

With Kul’Tirans they came from thronspeakers, and from drust that had their own realm which was tied to ED.

Belves never had it.

But I like the idea of worgen and goblin monks. It’s about due they get it.

I’d probably also expand the dh choices to orc and draenei, but it’s not something that is necessary imo.

I was honestly surprised with these choices too. Especially priest.

Mag’har are playable because they refused to be converted to light worship. They have priest class due to shadowmoon clan and void study.

4 Likes

Night elf - Paladin (With glyphe for white/cold light effect)

But that’s not really a valid argument, don’t you think?

and blood elf druids would definitely be different from real druids. They would share the game-play element, but lorewise it would be more of a botanist or something that combines arcane magic with natural magic

2 Likes

I think it is. Otherwise I wouldn’t bring it. DH already did a lot of damage as giving population boost to race that was already overpopulated in Horde.

Druid also requires lots of art assets to be created for race that would play it, hence why Druid class is so limited.

If you don’t like this reasoning then you surely would agree that Alliance needs a counterpart as Horde already have choice advantage via Highmountain tauren.

3 Likes

Having said that I would have liked Vulpera druids to give them a lore connection to the Loa, or that Ancient Fox from War of the Ancients. Wonder what those forms would be though, Big bear fox! Hah!

1 Like

I don’t think thay’re fit for a druid. Even if they would still have Fox ancient around, it is not a guarantuee that it would equal in access to ED. Sethrak and tortollan despite being close to their parent god were not able to become druids/access ED.

The whole theme of Vulpera is survival without any fancy magic to change the territory they live in and they take pride in it.

2 Likes

Fair point aye.

Horde has more druids than alliance, which shouldn’t be the case, so no new druid races for Horde.

Though i can’t think of giving any current alliance race Druids either.

Alliance Class/Race Wishlist:

• JunkerGnome Paladins of the Titans, with Mechanospider Pali Mounts.
  • Dwarven Mountain Druids, now that the Wildhammer are finally “Playable”.
  • Kul Tiran & Worgen Paladins, because … why not?

Horde Class/Race Wishlist:

• Vulpera Druids of the Sand, because honestly this needs to happen.
  • Zandalari Warlocks, complete with Voodoo inspired Minions.
  • Forsaken Paladins, depending on how this whole Calia issue goes.
7 Likes

Much as I also want belf druids… It’s valid. Nobody wants to walk into a BG made up of 50% blood elves and 50% allied races (well some people do, but they are bad and should feel bad for their badness). Additionally, I question if High Botanist Freywinn is an actual druid. His abilities aren’t exactly druidic spells (for the most part) and his skill set resembles more an antagonistic battle-gardener. He, like many NPC bosses, doesn’t seem a member of X class, as he has traits in common with a class but overall exhibits more unique skills affiliated with no class archtype.

Even if we do call him a druid, though an extremely unique type of druid, he doesn’t represent a druidic tradition among blood elves. He more represents an outlier on his own, much like human Twilight Cultist shaman don’t suggest humans are shamanistic; they joined a cult and made pacts with extremely dark powers to gain access to shamanistic abilities. Freywinn, with no known or detailed history, could be in a similar boat.

1 Like

Sure. There’s no reason for them not to be.

The one Belf in that one 5 man wasn’t enough in Cata. He wasn’t enough in Legion either. He’s never going to be enough.

Trashgnomes being druids is just as terrible an idea as KT Druids.

Because there’s zero reason to train new Demon Hunters when the Burning Legion is defeated. Mixing Void and Fel is a bad idea. And Wine Elves don’t deserve it.

3 Likes

My wishlist is very small. Draenei Rogue! When I saw Rangari Erdanii, the Draenei Subtlety Rogue follower in WOD, I thought it might just happen. But, it never did. :frowning:

Zandi trolls should have gotten this over monks tbh.

2 Likes

We also live in different parts of the world. And much like the playable races, we get our beliefs from the cultures we grow up around. If you grew up in a Catholic household, that is likely going to shape you as an adult. Same for any other religion.

So if a Stormwind human grows up around Light worshiping people, then it’s a fair guess that will influence what they grow up to be.

Likewise for orcs that grow up around shamanism.

The Protestant Reformation was spawned in a culture dominated by Catholicism. For a more recent example, one only need look to Ireland, where people who speak the same language and are generally of the same ethnicity have a deep religious divide.

And there are many people who call themselves “recovering Catholics”. Being raised one way and having a culture that is dominated by a way of thinking does not preclude a differing ethos from existing.

Blood Elves and Void Elves are a good in-game example. Same people, same culture, but a philosophical difference that ended up in a schism.

I do not see a culture or even an upbringing having a completely dominating factor in all individuals. Some individuals can transcend those limitations. And the Player Champion could be such an individual, imo.

1 Like

Zandalari had Jaguar warriors which was their equivalent to monk.

Except that is exactly how WoW is portrayed for the most part. After a few minutes of digging, I found an old Blue response to these kind of questions:

I don’t think it’s about their culture not being “primitive”, it’s more that when you play a Human or a Blood Elf, or any other race for that matter, your character comes from a specific “faction” within that race. This lends them the ability to choose what they want to “be” when they grow up, but only insofar as what that particular society offers.

Playable Humans are always from the nation of Stormwind. Playable Blood Elves are always from Silvermoon. While it’s possible for there to be “break aways” in the story and for members of those races to join “opposing factions” and learn new skills, that’s not something that’s on offer to player characters.

If those classes were ever added to those races, I would expect specific backstory to be created for how those races adopted those techniques and rituals, such as with gnome hunters “creating” and taming mechanical beasts.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1073379-human-and-blood-elf-shaman/

Point being: We’re not quite at “Protestant Reformation” point of WoW. At least not yet anyway.

3 Likes

Blizzard seems hell bent that any and all monk races follow Pandaren teachings though. So those Jaguar people might be redundant going forward.

1 Like

Of course that is the current state of the game. There would be no reason for any of these posts or this thread if every race could be every class.

Yes, right now, there are race and class limitations. That can evolve. It has evolved. And it should evolve further, imo.

Times change. I mean, we do now have Humans that are not from Stormwind who are Shaman.