New Class / Race Wishlist

So we’ve the big exp boost. Which is a nice gesture especially considering that most of us are trapped at home.

But seeing as Blizz hyped it’s direly needed improvement to the leveling experience- I’ll be mildly disappointed if there aren’t new class/ race combos.

Here’s what I want to happen;

• Worgen & Goblin Monks

Best I can tell these don’t exist due to animation limitations. It’s also just embarrassing this hasn’t been fixed yet- there’s no good lore reason as to why this hasn’t happened already.

• Blood Elf & MechaGnome Druids

This one’s a touch more interesting. On the Belf side - we’ve seen Belf Druids as early as Tempest Keep. They’ve been capable of the power the whole time. Weird they can’t use it yet.

On the MechaGnome side I feel like you could implement a whole robot in disguise feel and more biologist approach to nature to explain it. Expand on the concept of nature worship/study entirely.

• Forsaken & Kul Tiran Paladins

No earthly reason these races shouldn’t have them.

• Velf & Nightborne Demon Hunters
    Why not? There’s Illidari on either side.

Anything you think I missed or found abominable?

7 Likes

Inquisitor Erik, a WQ boss for Horde Drustvar Assaults, is actually a Kul Tiran Paladin, and an Order of Embers Inquisitor to boot! We see him use abilities like Crusader Strike and Holy Smite.

Zandalari Warlocks are a big one. Demoniacs were well established in canon from Yojamba Isle, and the sudden decision to not allow fel magic in Zandalari society is silly. Not to mention the character models would definitely compliment most Warlock sets.

Bit of a controversial one, but Orc and Draenei Demon Hunters. Both these races suffered horribly at the hands of the Legion, and both these races deserve vengeance against them. Fel Orcs and Man’ari Eredar more or less do much of the leg work for these races. As an additional fun fact, two of the Eredar imprisoned in the Fel Hammer - Lady Elosar and Dark Mistress Repentia - were seen celebrating with the rest of the Illidari in the Demon Hunter class mount cutscene. This either means they defected in the same vein as the shivarra, or Blizzard just reused any NPCs they found. I choose to believe the former.

Paladins… honestly, anything that can be a priest should be able to be a Paladin. Worgen, Undead, Night Elves, Gnomes, etc.

14 Likes

If I could have made a Blood Elf Druid in Vanilla, I may have never made any Alts. I would have everything I wanted since WC 3 all rolled into one.

My guess is it has more to do with the Worgen and Goblin starting zones and how those races enter the gameworld. But I admit that’s just a guess.

1 Like

night elf paladin.

16 Likes

Don’t care about new combos. Just want new races/ARs.

5 Likes
  • Night Elf Paladin.
  • Orc/Mag’har Paladin.
  • Draenei Rogue.
  • Lightforged Monks.

Would remove Lightforged DKs if I could-- and a bunch of vulpera things but I’m not gonna get into that.

That’s kinda it.

5 Likes

Honestly I’m confused on why there are Vulpera Warlocks, and Priests. Would include Mages but they make the most sense out of the 3 cloth classes, and every race should have at least one of every armor type class. I guess for convincing people to play the long awaited Vulpera as most classes?

1 Like

Paladins for all Alliance races and Highmountain Tauren
Monks for everyone
Orc and Highmountain Priests
Void elf/Nightborne Demon Hunters (although there are timeline issues with that)
Pandaren Druids
Rogues for everyone

All of them? Even Void Elves? That being said I do find Night Elf paladins pretty cool.

Sounds good to me all you really need is some cloth armor and handwraps to start out.

Not really sure about Highmountain but pretty sure green Orcs don’t do that whole “Light” thingy.

No problems just make the new legion invade in 10.0 so the Illidari recruit new races.

Not sure how I feel about that. Then again the backstory behind Troll druids is kinda meh and feels shoehorned so it could happen.

B…but… the hooves!

2 Likes

you dont see tauren rogues you only see the combat log after u die

14 Likes

Void Elf Paladins with a void skin on their abilities.
Night Elf Paladins.
Night Elf Shaman.
Night Elf Warlocks.
Blood Elf Druids.
Blood Elf Shaman.
Void Elf Druids.
Void Elf Shaman.
Void Elf Demon Hunter.

And yes, I stopped caring about lore around the time Blizzard did. There’s no excuse for class limitations anymore since lore obviously isn’t even anywhere on Blizzard’s mind at the moment,

14 Likes

god i hate void elves
just add high elves to the alliance
or better yet add blood elves

5 Likes

Well the Pandaren don’t even know what the Light is and they can be Priests. Priests are one of the most diverse classes in the game. I see Orc Priests as a ancestor worshipping type.

I would love playable Broken/Krokul. It’s a travesty that Lightforged draenei became a playable race, and not them.

Apparently the Omnia priests of the Shado-Pan do, based on their quotes

4 Likes

ONE or even two Blood Elves using “druid” magic is not, and should not, be used as justification for an entire race to suddenly take an interest in druidism. While there are, and will always be, outliers (like Blood Elf Shamans, or Stormwind Human Druids), that is all they are. An outlier. They don’t represent what the society itself has a interest in or what they offer.

The original explanation was that both races starting zones took place prior to MoP storyline and was later changed to the limitation of their animations. The problem with the latter though is Vulpera’s more or less share most of the same animations as Goblins, and they CAN be monks…

Because the Demon Hunters storyline begins during BC and neither Velf or NB were present in Outland. The former didn’t even exist yet.

What does this even mean?

2 Likes

It means presumably they could train a new generation of Demon Hunters.

Granted a Velf DH might shatter reality with the sheer amount of angst they have. I mean they gave us Velf DKs and look what happened just a few months later.

5 Likes

Unless they find a way to make new demon hunters that doesn’t require eating a demon corpse and stabbing your own eyes, i don’t see new demon hunters happening, the legion is gone, Illidan is gone, i don’t see any void elf or nightborne with the level of self loathing and despair necessary to do everything it takes to become a demon hunter.

3 Likes

Honestly after reading this I think that’d be a better option. You’ve the Illidari angle and making the class non-elf-exclusive would be nice.

7 Likes

For literally no lore based justification rooted in any Blizzard IP:

Orc paladins. Why? Because they are super cool in Eberron.

https://eberron.fandom.com/wiki/Kalok_Shash

Basically, a highly militant orc clan who live in a part of the world called the “Demon Wastes”, which is precisely what it says on the tin.

Could it work lore wise in WoW? There are issues. But, it wouldn’t be anywhere near the most egregious lore break/retcon we’ve had, nowhere near it. Channeling light powers seems so malleable at this point, anyway, it would be fun to see the orcs’ take on it.

2 Likes

Omg… so much this!

I concur. I am pretty open when it comes to race and class combos. I do not even see them as lore breaking. I do not see why races have entirely dogmatic beliefs. I mean, we are all Human, and have vastly different beliefs and PoVs.

Exarch Hellscream is waiting to say hello.