New class in 10.0? (Speculation)

Only one that even vaguely interests me is a Bard. It could be a unique approach to magic based on sound. The other popular picks are either weird variants of professions (tinker) or a class which is too close to classes that already exists (Necromancer).

It could tie in nicely to a new expansion; say we are sent to the other side of Azeroth in search of lost lands of some sort, which are people by survivors of shipwrecks over thousands of years. Their storytellers, who preserve and share the history of their people in song, could teach us to do the same.

1 Like

Paraphrasing the Steve Danuser (sp?) interview. That’s a phrase he used. They want to move past the established story, hence all the Nostalgia and the jailer shaped bow they’re using to tie everything they’ve ever done to a loot piñata.

No new classes.

Probably because we’ve seen Tinkers on the sidelines of basically every expansion. Even back in WarCraft 3. Crazy Technology is everywhere in WoW. Tinkers are a part of WoW, like Death Knights or Demon Hunters.

you got 10 races last expansion.

Tinker will not pull any hype , Dragon class will explode it

7 Likes

And I play literally one. Kul Tirans, Nightborne, Mechagnome, Mag’har, are fricking ugly. The only allied races I even like, is Velf, Lightforged, Vulpera, and Zandalari.

That doesn’t really change the fact that we just got 10 races, I don’t think Blizzard has playable races on the docket currently.

This is subjective. A dragon class would make my eyes roll.

Playable dragons that can look like any race would be fine,

Find the Tinker threads in this forum.

It can do all of those things if they implement it roughly in the way people have said in these forums.

Right, but you said it seems like that’s what they’re going to do, not what they said they’re going to do. Those are two completely different things.

Obviously they’re going to hype up the future any way they can, especially with the mountains of criticism the story team has received in response to their handling of established lore. But the reality is that there likely isn’t a future for WoW that isn’t going to be based on the pillars of the universe that have been around since the RTS games. Especially if we’re talking about dragon-oriented stuff, there’s just no way to do that without engaging in some way with the lore that popped up in Wrath and Cata.

That’s literally what he said, though. “Close the book” on the existing story and move into new stories. That means everything is on the table as far as classes or characters.

Here’s the quote

Steve Danuser : “So we can’t talk about what’s coming next, but what I can say is that when these events culminate in Eternity’s End and play out, they are meant to be a conclusion to a long series of building stories we’ve seen weaving their way through multiple expansions. The Warcraft story goes on, but we’re closing one book before another begins. As the future chapters of our storyline begin to play out, the players will get a sense of conclusion to some threads, before delving into new ones.“

I just don’t see the hype behind tinker. Sounds and looks extremely boring from all the concepts I’ve seen

6 Likes

I mean. It’s part of WarCraft just like Demon Hunters, Monks, and Death Knights.

It think it’s likely to be next. Primarily for that reason. They could just lift it from WarCraft 3 like the last 3 classes.

I don’t really care if you think it’s boring. Subjective opinions don’t really change anything.
But I, Subjectively, think it would be cool.

Agreed!

Anything but a tinker / engineer archetype.

3 Likes

Do you have any real reason why?

Or do you just not like the idea?

A couple things.

• I think the game does NOT need new classes at this time. They need a return to gameplay fundamentals and more balance. Adding in another class messes all that up.

• I think that despite that, it’s extremely likely they WILL add another class, because hype and player numbers, and ultimately Money.

• I think that narratively and for reasons of itemization balance Ranger/Dark Ranger as a second Bow-User, a third Mail-User, and an additional reason to use sYlVaNaS is likely.

• Tinker is certainly what a lot of people are asking for, and it is a fully fleshed out class in the Warcraft III tabletop RPG with multiple prestige classes and everything (kind of like specs). I don’t see how or why it would fit in the current narrative, but I could see them making it fit without too much difficulty (The titan blah blah blah was researched and blah blah new energy source blah blah innovation arms race blah).

• All that said, none of the added classes have been mono-dps. All have been tanks in fact, with one being a full hybrid. So I would assume a new class would fill a secondary roll (tank/heal) so Ranger/Dark ranger would have to be like a bard or something for heals? It could be difficult to think up another tanking niche. It might fit, IDK? Tinker could be a Steam Mecha tank easy enough, or some sort of Medic.

10.0 would normally have already been announced and we would be riding the hype train by now. The fact that it’s not, in a time when they really need some good press, tells me that it’s probably nowhere near ready for even a rudimentary reveal. All it would take is a couple screen shots of a new class in some decent looking gear doing some animations and then a few powerpoint screens of text and you’ve got yourself a good press release.
If you think back to the Deathknight teaser from WOTLK it really didn’t show much… mostly just existing art assets and I think the animate dead animation… but people were HYPED!

I have zero interest in a tinker class and would rather they work on the classes we have. I’d accept new specializations for our current classes, but no new ones. I would also accept class skins over new classes that change the theme in minor ways. Like Demonology Warlocks getting a necromancy theme vs demon.

3 Likes

Didn’t ask for you to care…was simply saying I didn’t see the hype. Lmao

1 Like

The day they add a retarded tinker class to the game is the day I officially quit. So much cooler lore out there to deal with than some forced steam punk BS. Where are the healer classes?

4 Likes

That’s so petty.

I mean, I do. It would fit in with all the zones like Mechagon, Gnomeregan, Bilgewater harbor, Kezan.
Even works for all those orc technicians in draenor or the draenei artificers in BC.

It just seems like it’s an obvious addition. I’d be excited.

1 Like

New class I would like to see would be something to do with magic, since the last 3 new ones we have gotten havent realy touched on that I feel…

Tinker or anything mecha would be really amongst the worst choice and I hope for the next class they really do it justice because to be honest I wasn’t a huge huge fan of DH or monks… I’d really prefer to see something magic based maybe even magic archer or something totally unique that no one is really even guessing about

4 Likes