New cgi (possible spoilers?)

this is a mood

4 Likes

So has the actress ever said anything about how she feels about the character?

We donā€™t know why her feelings are complicated.

Does she think Sylvanas is a genocidal maniac who never gets her comeuppance?

Or is she a huge fan that hates loosing Sylvanas as a Warchief?

1 Like

The feeling I got from the VA comment as actually of high emotion.

My money is on this CGI being a version of Old Soldier for Sylvanas, showing her vision and motivations. Maybe some additional flashbacks of her tragic death again so we can feel sorry for her, all to try and justify her position as the mustache twirling fascist evil genocidal maniac Blizzard seems to think we want her to be.

I personally blame Forsaken players who ironically portray themselves as edgy teenagers. Blizzard is like an old grandpa, they will think itā€™s serious.

4 Likes

the cgi is likely there to set up 8.3, and if my theory is correct sylvanas is the last warbringer to be raid bossed

Dunno, the ā€œdamn you writersā€ part made me think of ā€œdamn you writers for making me cry so much over this character i loveā€

iā€™m tellinā€™ ya, the cgi is a redemption fest to try and make us sympathize and feel bad for her.

ā€œOoh, poor Sylvanas, she burned down a city with children inside because she is broken and sad and Arthas tortured and traumatized her, so itā€™s okay for her to want to end life and hope on the planetā€

14 Likes

i think its more like ā€œdamn you writers, this story your making for sylvanas sucksā€ the actor doesnt seem to be very positive about it at least

2 Likes

Weā€™ll have to wait and see. By the way, there is no date for 8.2.5 to drop on the retail, right? As much as I want story progression, I must admit Iā€™m way too eager to look handsome

1 Like

and i cant wait to finally play my fem worgo, the cgi will probably come out closer to 8.3 though

Since itā€™s the anniversary event is tied with patch Iā€™m feeling like it drop in either late October or early November. So if this exists perhaps a late September/October release.

That or maybe in the closing chapter Sylvanas kills one or both of her sisters and thats why she is no longer Warchief. Not because shes deposed or killed but because she breaks and doesnā€™t care anymore. Would be a full circle from the Windrunner comic and Warcrimes.

Just to make it clear since some people thinking about the worst.
Sylvanas isnt going to die. This is a 100% not going to happen in this xpac. That post is from July 4.
1 week ago on the ChinaJoy2019 Event John Hight confirmed they wont kill Sylvanas and that there is much more for her Story to come.

The only reason why the Chinese Voice Actress is probably conflicted, is because in the next cinematic Sylvanas will be showed once more as a villain. Something will happen, that will cause more drama and push her even more as a cartoon Villain. This makes the most sense.
It could be: Sylvanas killing Saurfang or something similiar

But once and for all. She is not going to die. She will be 100% in the next xpac (the question here is, will she be a Villain in the next xpac? probably)

2 Likes

We had a small event during the pre-patch, called the Burning of Teldrassil. You might have heard of it, it occassionally comes up in conversation here every once in a while.

Long story short, sheā€™ll be a villain until the day the franchise dies, and they shut down the servers.

Ehhh blizzard in one of their QnAs pretty much said they over did it with teldrasil.

Wouldent shock me if they turned her into a redemption arc or somethin like that.

If they do decide to kill her off I hope its done in a way that at least respects her character for what it was.

I dont know about that. I have been killing innocent Alliance since Vanilla. I remember every evil thing I have done. Noone is calling me an Villain mhh :thinking:

1 Like

I mean, they tried it with Illidan, and at best, they only managed to make him useful. Not a hero. Especially as the pre-expansion novel to explain his motives added a litany of new sins, like the desecration and abuse of Draenei souls.

You should speak with some of your compatriots, then. Itā€™s a common complaint of theirs that BfA is beating them over the head with how evil they are.

4 Likes

I mean I think they turned him into a pretty solid anti hero / chaotic good type.

One thing we dont really know as players though is how hard did blizzard intend us to take the events of the war of thorns.

Like its possiable they miscalculated and were like ā€˜whoops they took that way harsher than intendedā€™, and already had they story planned out and will just stick with that.

Dunno thats my conspiracy theory though.

Will be intresting to see what the voice actor seemed emotional about though. She has voice acted the character for 15 years so could be anything from a redemption to syl finally goin down.

Too late for regrets. They made their bed now they have to lie in it.

6 Likes

I always chose to see those visions xera showed as her tryong to manipulate us by hyping illidan up as the hood guy or better than he was. Illidan is an anti hero who treads being an anti villian.

Donā€™t get me hopeful

13 Likes

That Saurfang is going to die this xpac is a safe bet, I say. And for sure it will be in a CGI Cinematic, with sad music and all.

4 Likes