New Blood Elf Customization

Aye, but this is coming from a company that has acknowledged that high elves are one of the most requested races

6 Likes

Well, to be fair, he did say the ~original~ races of Azeroth. If we want to be particular on wording, he could have meant solely vanilla races. :wink:

Vareesa Windrunner is the defacto leader of the Quel-dorei, and has been for quite some time. In Legion, she was the one who lead the Quel’dorei faction in the united elven attack against Elisande.

Elisande even addresses each of the elf races separately, making a clear distinction between Blood Elves and High Elves.

It doesn’t really matter though, all elves are just worse trolls.

10 Likes

The only difference is politics. That is not enough justification for a playable race.

You take a Blood Elf Paladin and a High Elf Paladin with plate helmets on and stand them next to each other and let me know which is which.

It has only been a few in-game lore years since the Scourging. That is not enough time for the High Elves to become any different physically or culturally. Even if they started repopulating immediately after Quel’thalas fell, the kids would still be young.

That is fair enough, but Vareesa is not actually an Alliance character, she leads the Silver Covenant which works with the Alliance, or at least did under Jaina a lot, but Dalaran has taken a lot more of a neutral stance, so I don’t think that would work without a lot of lore gymnastics.
AFAIK, V

4 Likes

A blue eyed blood elf? Don’t be absurd.

11 Likes

Than why does Blizzard keep bringing up that the two races are not one and the same? In-game they are treated differently, shown differently, are hostile to one another, and so on.

Besides, Blizzard created Void Elfs, nothing is out of bounds now! -giggle- :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Should…should we tell him?

11 Likes

Uh… you can do it! I trust you, you gorgeous Knight! :sunflower:

1 Like

They did mention longer tails for Draenei in an interview, so BC races are in.

But while the lame-o’s just want blue eyes for blood elves, I’m so excited about possible scarification on BE’s. BC box art? Loving that concept.

2 Likes

We got a straight up “the Horde is waiting for you” from Ion. That is pretty definitive. Also I wish I could change things so that the Void Elves Alliance got, were the High Elves they wanted, because as much as it would bother me, at least High Elves existed.

How dare you get me to do things by citing my outrageous good looks.

3 Likes

But I already play a High Elf on the Horde! Well, technically I play a High Elf on the Alliance too because of my Ren’dorei Rogue… but you… you know? Semantics! :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

How about some shallow customizations for a shallow race? Nail polish colors, make-up designs, and maybe a few tattoos. Seriously, the race does not need any more attention :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Should be interesting to see what blood elves get. Personally I’m thinking we might see Fel Elf skins and San’layn/Dark Ranger skins. Blue eyes may or may not be an option. Considering that’s the primary distinguishing point between the Alliance’s high elf NPCs and the Horde’s blood elves, it should be interesting to see if Blizzard crosses that threshold.

Seems more likely to me that void elves would get the high elf skin tones, hair colors, and a few hair styles more appropriate to high elves. The Wildhammers are indication enough that these new customization options really are just a way to bring in outlying races without making them all into allied races.

3 Likes

not all humans are aligned with stormwind. but the vast vast majority are and those splinter groups have no right to represent their races or have any relevance to the story :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I’m most excited for the undead change.

4 Likes

Blood Elves are not a shallow race. Blood Elf players are shallow. All elven players are shallow.

Yes, I am aware, I said what I said. Still, BE’s are a lot more interesting that other races.

I’m not saying humans because that’s low hanging fruit, but, yeah, humans, just what it says on the tin.

2 Likes

Meh if you think humans are boring, then you might want to re-examine the Warcraft RTS games. :blush:

1 Like

I’d really have that rather than blue eyes, but mostly because blue eyes feel so irrelevant on BE I really don’t care about that. But red dark ranger eyes? Yes.

3 Likes

To be honest, if void elves end up with some high elf skins and hairstyles and colors, I could see blood elves getting blue eye options, and all high elf NPCs being changed to the new void elf customization options. Kind of sucks for a lot of the people hoping for high elves, but it’s a bone at least. Blizzard could be kind and make it so your race reads as high elf when scrolled over or an NPC talks to you.

What makes the Arcane so special that the Light can’t purge it out of the Blood elves as well?
The Light invading the Sunwell means only the Void can alter it’s energies