New Blood Elf Customization

I’m just saying that the fear of a “helfer riot” is ridiculous. Like Ion already said "if you want to be a yada yada, the horde is waiting for you. Like why would they be considerate now of helfer’s reactions heh.

Because they don’t want to? Each to themselves. That also wouldn’t change their race. Liadrin was Silver Covenant btw, and is now Horde.

LOL your to funny

Look none of the lore would discount Helves as playable or Helves as customization, whatever. I don’t really care. But it’s just fact they aren’t separate. They just decided they loved that Human potential, so they didn’t rename themselves Belves to honor the fallen too. It’s a political divide, not a racial one.

4 Likes

I really doubt holding out a simple answer is constructive of a promotion strategy. Like obviously they just showed the races they were already working on, my issue is why then can’t quickly confirm blue eyes for BE if it’s already planned. It’s just unnecessary.

Sure, I mostly don’t care about any of that.

BTW any customizations that come to Sin’dorei could be made the same for the Ren’dorei tatts and hairstyle wise and such since they were exiled Sin’dorei. When/if they decide to do allied races customizations in the future.

I also would not freak out on any customizations until they are shown. We know there are 30-40. That’s all we know at this point.

I totally agree, I dont’ believe this topic is as important to the devs as many of the more um…devoted helfers think it is. I certainly don’t believe there would be a ‘riot’ from anyone.
Although we all should know that this game has it’s crazies in it and death threats, threatening to ‘blow up’ blizzard HQs…is not an uncommon thing to see. :pouting_cat:

True.

You were being so reasonable until you took one person saying something idiotic and claiming it’s “not an uncommon thing to see”

Big yikes on you for implying the rest of the pro HE people condone such a thing; that’s the sort of mentality that leads to nasty RL stuff.

Doubtful that trainwreck will ever completely go away regardless of what happens in game. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Well, the problem is that lots of the helfers equate “this race is already on the Horde and it’s lore appropriate for them to be so, so stop trying to yank our race whole cloth” to “OMG YOU HATE HIGH ELVES.”

I hate the people constantly asking for helfs no matter that they’ve been told no. I’ve wanted proper blue eyes options for Belfs since day one of their introduction. It’s not spite, it’s exhaustion, and an annoyance because my actual legit and long-term concerns get wiped away as “malice.”

5 Likes

I wasn’t referring just to your group. It’s a reference to gamers in general who play wow.
I just saw some seriously reportable threats on an allied race discord yesterday over them not getting their allied race.

You can’t be unaware of the writers, the devs the company getting death threats.

2 Likes

It is if it’s something they want to reveal as a form of promotion in the future, and haven’t completely finalized at this point. They revealed to us visual options that have had their designs completed, while many others are probably still in development. I think overall, it’s smart not to comment on designs and concepts that have not been completed yet, which is probably a social model they adhere to in these types of Q&As.

I’m sure to many of us it feels unnecessary because we want to know everything right now, but from Blizzard’s perspective it probably is more effective to reveal content bit by bit to keep players interested and hyped until it’s release. Especially since Shadowland’s hype was sort of yanked out from under their feet by leakers.

Unfortunate, as I’m sure that something like this offer wonderful narrative insights, and help us progress beyond the stagnant status quo.

2 Likes

Not an actual “riot,” don’t be daft.

They’re dealing with a ton of backlash and bad publicity atm. I doubt they want more.

It’s MUCH easier to just say “we’re working on options,” and show examples of the other race, rather than specifically rile up the helf contingent. You’re few, but extremely noisy.

“I remember that. It was a fun night.”
/hugs
/smile

1 Like

“I may be a rarity, but I am one of those players. I didn’t even know there was a conflict, in the first place, until I came here, to this thread.”

“I wish ill will on no one, I would just love more choices, and ways, to make my Toons more my own.”
/shy smile

2 Likes

On this day I hereby declare we are no longer humans! Today, we are Hufadufflelupagalogos!

And yet, here I am with everything that still makes me human… how weird… it’s almost like changing the name of which you go by does not change what you are. How bizarre!

5 Likes

I really hope Blood Elves get a blue eye option just so I can see all the butthurt “Alliance High Elf” players cry on the forums

I wish I could name a toon that. Damn Character Limits.

Hey man, you’re on your own there with that reason.

1 Like

It’s about more customization options they said…

1 Like