New Blood Elf Customization

That’s ingame representation. In lore both would change eye color from the magic they consume or are around. For example Alleria should have green eyes just for being on Argus but that wasnt represented ingame.

4 Likes

since the sunwell effects all thalassians, no matter where they are on azeroth, all thalassians, should have a mix of gold and blue eyes, which would be like an aqua or turquoise

If just being on Argus for a hot sesh gave you green eyes, maghar orcs would get green too. Like, the context where BE and Maghar got green is very specific, it’s just not any proximity to fel.

Ahh Fyre back at trolling the high elf community indirectly to get at our nerves. Never change darling :wink:

2 Likes

The citizens of silvermoon got them from the fel crystals. Argus was packed with so much more fel.

And orcs got corrupted from drinking straight up demon juice. Fel is supposed to corrupt many races as well from constant near exposure. But blood elf eyes should turn as they are consuming nearby energies. Blood elves also got more mutations from fel not expressed in-game.

yea . . . weren’t they supposed to have like pasty skin or something? think I read that somewhere or saw it on the BC collectors dvd

“Why worry about Blue Eyed Blood Elves breaking lore? Ever heard of Colored Contact Lenses? Who’s to say we can’t have such an idea in game too? The cause doesn’t have to go against Lore. Just like dying our hair a different color doesn’t break lore, this shouldn’t matter either.”

“Personally, I just want my Black Cow to have Blue Eyes.”

“Just my 2 Coppers worth.”
/shy smile

3 Likes

Hope they get the blue eyes and woad tattoos.

5 Likes

“This would please me very much.”
/grin

This might be true…but I was wondering if referring to ‘original’ was to distinguish existing races vs allied races. Although he probably should have said ‘non-allied’ races if this were the case. But I’m still hoping because they did say that Draenie are going to get new customization.
Also…Ion had previously mentioned the possibility of ‘contact lens’ colors for Blood Elves, so we’ll see. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Every races should get more color, type options, all, imo. I don’t see why there should be any restrictions.

1 Like

These types of toxic accusations need to stop. Please…this isn’t helpful in any discussion forum.

8 Likes

Stand a Void Elf next to a Blood Elf in full armour, and guess what?

The existence of Void Elves undermines all of your arguments, at every point.

Just admit that you follow the only argument that can’t in fact be dismissed “Because pink pretty elves are for Horde. They got them in TBC because Horde wanted a pretty race.” It’s a very weak reason on all counts, but at least it’s a credible one.

In fact pink pretty elves do exist and always have on Alliance - and indeed continue to be represented even in BfA (which one can’t help but conclude is Blizzard trolling Alliance as usual) - but “Pretty elves for Horde and pretty elf players will cry because Alliance want to steal our pretty pink elves.”

2 Likes

“Who are you quoting?”

1 Like

I’ve missed you posting! :hugs: (we once met at the darkmoon faire waiting for the rabbit to show up, I was on my goblin priest Sassyblast)

1 Like

They said Draenei will get to change tail lengths which I’m excited to see. Hopefully they get the really long ones like Velen has in his artwork and I’m hoping they get huge beards like him too.

blood elves ARE high elves. they are the high elves of quel’thalas proper. every blood elf in game, whether player or NPC, was a ‘high’ elf

blue eyes reflects the ambient magic a thalassian elf is exposed to. it is not a marker of being alliance. if that was the case, blood elf eyes would be red :smile:

alliance has 2 actual aligned ‘high’ elves in SW, a mage trainer and a hunter type standing in the keep. in the current expansion we saw 4 show up for the alliance during the war, only 1(frostfenser seraphii) could have had any kind of presence. 130-140? lol. maybe if you count the neutral dalaran pop :wink:

while the alliance has a few individuals with a different political ideology to the vast majority of their race, they are still a part of that race. and that race is playable

6 Likes

Considering the dodge and the awkward silence after the question, I don’t think blood elves are getting blue eyes. Not right now at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YphELY-QQss&feature=youtu.be&t=592

2 Likes

nice. danuser in september confirmed blue eyed blood elf NPCs in game were intentional. great to see they are well aware of the request. ty MRgm!

Aware but they didn’t give an outright yes, which seems odd considering the question didn’t have anything to do with high elves, the way it was asked, and if it were coming, why not just say yes?

I think blood elves are getting dark ranger skins.