Nerfing spears on nw for tyran week is trolling

the 3rd boss has ALWAYS been bad on tyran weeks and now spears dont stack. nerfing the spears has got to be a troll move by blizzard. either nerf boss hp by 20% and add damage or un nerf spears. im gonna avoid nw tyran for now

3 Likes

They literally nerfed his HP by 20% in the same post it says spears no longer stack. Lmao.

8 Likes

Did a 8 today and it still an avoid for a week. 3 spearing him is the only way to make the fight painless

2 Likes

There’s nothing hard about that boss now, never really was when done right before.

After doing a heap of keys on my alt last week, I can comfortably say that nerfs won’t help these players. Saw people somehow doing 700k on what is essentially a 2 target fight goes far beyond an overtuned boss.

Time to look inward and reflect instead of screaming for nerfs.

3 Likes

The whole fight needs a re work. One person failing a hook =gg in system lands I wouldn’t do nw at all on tyran weeks. And it’s not changing now

This is probably my biggest gripe. You can brick an entire key on a single mechanic that you do correctly, but just bugs out.

They tried it, it didn’t work, it needs to be retired and reworked if they ever revive it’s moldy corpse again.

2 Likes

The rest of the dungeon is fine. 3rd boss is a pug breaker. Nearly as bad as Jindo the pug bresker in cata for ZG revamp

I hope you never plan on doing Necrotic Wake on a +10 then because you have Tyrannical and Fortified.

1 Like

No plan to it’s a no go. Max is a 9 for nw

All this means is that you rotate spear usage. 1 person uses it on the first Abom+Boss, 2nd person uses it on the 2nd, ect.

Boss HP was nerfed.

Is it still super hard? My goodness

Not enough it’s still male or break for pugs

At some point you can’t blame the game anymore and realize it’s the player.

3 Likes

I can deal with certain mechanics solo hook I cannot, if the other people don’t know it or it bugs you cannot finish it and it’s a waste of everyone’s time. So go to the root and not make it not a pug breaker. It sucked in systemlands and it sucks now and forever until the fight is re tooled

That’s what I mean. I’m not blaming you, I’m saying that people in general need to figure out the mechanics because they are so used to brute forcing.

1 Like

You can still use the spears one after another. The biggest question is the nerf enough to allow people to +7 and higher NW’s the safe way?

Pug breaking bosses shouldn’t exist. I will leave nw keys if people won’t get hook right

It’s not even that complicated and with the massive nerfs to both boss HP and festering rot it shouldn’t be that much of a problem if you have double abombs up.

I’ve had times where the hook hit me and not the boss on stage many times and I wasn’t even in the way of it. The hook is not reliable not one bit

You are not supposed to be able to kill bosses if you fail their main mechanics. That’s how the game works.

3 Likes