Mythic+ Progression Changes Now Live and More Coming Soon

As part of our ongoing commitment to the tuning of both gameplay and rewards, we’ve made some adjustments today, and we’re working on more coming soon.

Now Live

We’ve heard feedback around challenges in the new Keystone affix and scaling structure, as well as the difficulty some players are facing with making progress. With hotfixes that are now live:

• Runed Crests are now awarded up to Mythic Keystone +7.
  • Gilded Crests are now awarded beginning at Mythic Keystone +8.

Coming later today

Mythic Keystone Affixes

• Increased the duration of the buffs granted by Xal’atath’s Bargain Affixes to 30 seconds (was 20 seconds).
    • Developers’ notes: We’ve been closely monitoring the impact of the bonuses provided by Xal’atath’s Bargain affixes, and we’re increasing their overall power level on players. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of these buffs as well as the challenges these affixes present.
  • Xal’atath’s Guile now increases enemy health and damage by 10% (was 20%).
    • Developers’ notes: With the increase to the buffs granted to players by Xal’atath’s Bargain we’re reducing the effectiveness of of Xal’atath’s Guile, to allow players to push deeper into the Keystone system with current item levels.

With Scheduled Weekly Maintenance – October 15

• The Necrotic Wake
    • Zolramus Gatekeeper’s Wrath of Zolramus periodic damage reduced by 25%.
    • Skeletal Monstrosity’s enemy forces contributions increased by 20%.
    • Kyrian Weapons
      • The effects of Bloody Javelins no longer stack.
    • Surgeon Stitchflesh
      • Surgeon Stitchflesh’s health reduced by 20%.
      • Stitchflesh’s Creation’s Festering Rot damage reduced by 30%.
  • The Stonevault
    • Skarmorak
      • Skarmorak’s health reduced by 10%.
      • Skarmorak is now stunned for 4 seconds (was 2 seconds) after Fortified Shell is broken.
      • Skarmorak’s Crystalline Eruption damage reduced by 15%.
    • Void Speaker Eirich
      • Void Speaker Eirich’s health reduced by 10%.
      • Increased the cooldown of Entropic Reckoning.

We’ll confirm for you later today when the Affix hotfixes go live.

60 Likes

Very nice changes.

13 Likes

Pretty good changes but you guys might want to look into Challenger’s Peril as well.

35 Likes

Huge Win!!

Yes please, please delete it. It’s stupid.

28 Likes

Big dubs. Easy max hero let’s gooo

6 Likes

It took a 30% drop off in keystone participation to make these changes happen lol.

This is a really nice start, but it is only scratching the surface of the scaling problems and punishing levels of keys this season compared to previous ones. The +7 affix has literally caused more keys to fall apart by itself than any other affix. I understand dying needs to be punishing and that whole speech we always hear but that affix is currently a major problem.

It would also be nice if you guys could look into better normalizing the run backs in each dungeon. A dungeon like City of Threads has a run back that on it’s own makes people want to just abandon the key.

53 Likes

So are we just never going to hear about PVP thoughts at all? Cool cool… we also need a update about PVP progression.

3 Likes

getting warrrmmmmerrrr.

but cannot help but feel that it is too little, too late.

12 of my real id friends offline, with little to no intention of returning. also around 10 or so guild members been offline as well now for 2 weeks. thats just who i know. the damage has already been done sad to say.

18 Likes

Still think they should be 6+ like in DF, but a step in the right direction. Perhaps it will keep going down as the season goes on.

15 Likes

Would love to get some myth track vault gear without having to do +10s, so if you could lower that threshold by a level or two as well that’d be great xx

14 Likes

Thank you, I do believe more needs to happen but this is a great first step.

Let’s talk about moving vault to 9 and leave portals at 10.

21 Likes

Cool, now get rid of Challenger’s Peril. Why do you need to punish players even more in a system that is supposed to be fun right? You guys so want the players to enjoy the content?

19 Likes

Good start, I think gilded needs to be dropped to 7s though.

10 Likes

Great change! Now when are you adding them to higher lvl delves?

7 Likes

Now move myth track gear where it always should have been and get rid of Challenger’s Peril and maybe you can save this season.

21 Likes

Feels good that I was right again :slight_smile:

Thank. God.

15 Likes

Going from 11 to 12 felt like going to +14-15. You lose buff and everything in dung gets increased dmg and hp, whoever thought this was good idea needs to be fired. With the nerf situation is a bit better but still no buff is very heavy, if you are not going to keep the buff, than delete the 10% increase as well for 12s and up.

5 Likes

yes they should of just left it alone. if they want people to return then it is mandatory that they do so.

2 496 Champion 2/8 509 Hero 2/6
3 499 Champion 3/8 509 Hero 2/6
4 499 Champion 3/8 512 Hero 3/6
5 502 Champion 4/8 512 Hero 3/6
6 502 Champion 4/8 515 Hero 4/6
7 506 Hero 1/6 515 Hero 4/6
8 506 Hero 1/6 519 Myth 1/4
9 509 Hero 2/6 519 Myth 1/4
10 509 Hero 2/6 522 Myth 2/4

why they changed it in the 1st place is beyond me.

23 Likes

I knew someone would say this if they made gilded crests drop at +8. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

9 Likes