NERF SHAMANS - Support

It’s astonishing how many Alliance players can’t equate the slight uptick in AB wins to simply Paladins having divine protection. It’s the bubbling that makes Alliance better at AB – you know, defending nodes, not dying, being immune to CC.

1 Like

tell me you never played a single bg without telling me you never played a single bg.

no one is gonna take your post seriously, let alone the devs.

1 Like

You probably didn’t see many shamans this weekend because they couldn’t instant kill so less scrubs got on them to play.

He probably won the majority of the games because shamans were actually somewhat balanced this weekend.

He’s probably complaining because they balanced PvP for 4 days and then reverted back to an unplayable shaman faceroll fest.

You probably didn’t read all of his post before making your comment.

2 Likes

Dont worry the shamans are back, 6 in my last bg, ready to wipe everyone and outheal even the healers.

1 Like

Wrong… I still saw Shaman’s and I myself still bg alone even though the damage nerf hurt Ele big time. I did love not dying in 3 secs. =)

But - I just instant gib a priest in Swamp of Sorrows. =) Love killing alliance heading to ST. lol

You just said yourself that cleanse removes 3 things at once. So it is actually an incredibly strong ability.

Purge is the only real counter shamans have to the actual paladin toolkit. (Maelstrom healing doesn’t count because if you are letting us get consistent 5 stacks on you over and over you are an actual target dummy)

Just because Unstable Affliction, a warlock ability, counters personal dispel it by no means increases the value of purge but rather adds a new counter against paladins for WARLOCKS. wtf does UA even have to do with anything.

Paladins are countered by dispels. That is how it was in the original version and that is how it is now. Your class has a method of counterplay, every class has something they struggle against (in TBC you basically weren’t allowed to use wings in a bg because a mage would spellsteal it in a heartbeat. Now that was funny.)

It sucks when you fight someone that hows the best tactic to beat you but that is the rock, paper, scissors of wow.

1 Like

Skill issue , if alliance team wasnt full of back pedaling paladins and hunters you would win. The fact that you guys were winning during damage reduction is purely a skill issue simply because you are carried by healers . If dps was equally skilled you would win without the damage reduction , elemental shaman isn’t the only burst class . Boomkin and destro hit just as hard if not harder , so does Hunter

Once again ,skill issue .

1 Like

K, then take away Shamans wiping poisons from raid in 1 GCD.

All I wanted was a version of the game where I could play a physical 2h enhance shaman build with cool utility for the bois.

Instead they turned me into a dual wielding full casting and healing demon…. And now when 2h players want to get changes we just hear

“You have enough reeeee”

I have been dual wielding since tbc, I could go play a more intricate and fun dual wield shaman right now in retail. I was hoping SoD would be different.

Party wide totems. But let’s be honest. You want 5 shamans in your group for that juicy shamanistic rage stack.

not as bad as SGS

Shamans that gaslight syndrome.

1 Like

You’re way off base, and I’m not amused. Here’s how my weekend went down as a Holy Paladin, striving to hit 110k honor.

On Sunday, I played 31 games, winning 9 and losing 22. Saturday saw 19 games, with 10 wins and 9 losses. Friday was lighter with 6 games, resulting in 3 wins and 3 losses. All matches were in Warsong Gulch during a WSG weekend. Additionally, I participated in two STV events, earning around 8000 honor by spending all my coins on honor tokens. These efforts over the weekend bumped me up from Rank 4 to 7, reaching 110k honor.

Despite recent adjustments, battlegrounds still heavily favored the Horde. So, let’s not start fabricating stories just because the game’s become a bit fairer. It felt somewhat balanced for once, even though the Horde still had the upper hand. As Alliance players, we have to make the most of what we can get, as this reversal directly tips the scales in favor of the Horde in battlegrounds once again.

I wish they’d match you directly against each other so you could experience the contrast firsthand.

At an average of 20 minutes per match… that’s 10.3 hours of AB, NOT including queueing up. (even if you drop it to 15 minutes… that’s still almost 8 hours.

Are you okay?

I got what I needed with those Warsong Gulch runs. I kicked off at 6:44 AM, and my final game wrapped up at 10:26 PM. Thanks to the battlegrounds being almost evenly matched, I managed to reach my Rank 7 goal. Without these adjustments, achieving that in a single weekend wouldn’t have been feasible. However, between 12:44 PM and 9:29 PM, I ended up on the losing side in every single game. It’s frustrating to constantly see Horde players boasting here, especially when they’ve been dominating with minimal effort until last week’s damage nerf.

1 Like

Bro…

1 Like

If we’re talking W/L ratio, yes, horde wins more than alliance. I think we can chalk that up to the known horde racial advantages.

I think I had a bg where I resisted 100% of the stuns a rogue put out. Cheap shot opener, resist, kidney shot, resist, between the eyes, resist…

I see your resist luck and raise you being stunned for 9 seconds straight from Blackout and Arcane stun procs…lol

2 Likes

Imagine being stuck in a rut since level 26, facing constant Horde dominance in all battlegrounds with no clear path to earn honor ranks as an Alliance player. Then, imagine finally having the chance to make progress and feeling the urgency to seize it after having the time to do so. I’m incredibly relieved that I pushed through because I wouldn’t have reached that rank in a single weekend now that the changes have been reverted.

At this stage, your sole argument seems to be about my dedication to reaching my goals, and it’s becoming futile. Obviously, I didn’t play the entire day, but I did put in a considerable amount of time. First opportunity the alliance has has since we’ve been able to level past 25.

Which horde have those stuns too…. Pally is good and horde like to use the AB flag defense scenario with the 50% reduced damage but enhance is superior to ret in virtually all scenarios

1 Like

I cant wait for shammys to get that bloodlust rune in phase 4. people are gonna loose thier minds

It’s not coming, no reason to even consider, alliance would stop playing