Nerf Paladins

This little horde nublet, doesn’t care about ele shamans 1 shotting everything for the last 4 years, but has something to say when ret paladin finally becomes competitive. LOL

1 Like

Imagine switching characters on forums just to troll someone’s post.

Not really.

1. Not everyone carries swiftness pots.
  2. Swiftness pots are on same CD as all other potions 2 minutes, so you just time using it correctly just like you would with any other CD.
  3. There are other options for speed increases beyond class specific abilities (trinkets, engineering, etc.) so I don’t really understand what your point is.
  4. Pursuit of Justice makes you 8% faster than anyone not using speed increases.
1 Like

Just stop talking, you have no idea what you are talking about

1 Like

What a person usually says when they themselves have no idea what they are talking about.

Wrong because you dont want to have an actual conversation about anything or actually understand the pally tool kite.
You just want to close your eyes and scream to nerf pallys.
you probably suck at pvp and got killed by a pally when they use to be LOL Ret and you could face roll and kill them.

Paladins are

Wrost healer
The Middle in pve dps
The middle of tanking
The only thing good they good have right now is pvp brust snice they cam front load all there damage.

But you are so dam wrong on how our spells actually work. If you want to keep talkimg about pallys go level one up to 25 and you will see the problems

Then lets add thr fact that the 25 cap will only last until the end of January then every class is going to get there tool kite that makes them crap all over a pally

Everytime horde lose a fight with a player we have to hear about it on the forums. Oh well lemme fill up this bottle while i’m here. :lotion_bottle:

1 Like

Crappy mage crying about paladins. lmao. Someone is bad and got owned and is crying. 20 years same thing. It’s a bloodelf as well. The biggest crybabies in wow.

good. a class with 3 full health bars , better buffs than shaman totems for less mana, freedom , off heals, and a crap ton of other benefits should have a counter to them.

bet you wanna nerf druids too btw.

Ugh… i cant believe i have to say this again.

WE DONT HAVE 3 HEALTH BARS thats freaking stupid.

Lay of Hands -
Doesn’t cout as a freaking health it has a 1 hour cool down and takes all our mana. Its such a trash spell i wouldnt care if they took that spell from us snice everyone crys and wants to Balance us with a spell with an hour cooldown.

The only reason why you think about is when you try and jump a pally in world pvp because it will mostly be up snice we never use the spell to begin with, and if you are in a BG they my get 1 LoH off once every 3 BGs. Can i take one of your spells and lock it with a 1 hour cooldown also.

Divine Shield -
This spell is so easy to counter that I’m going to teach you right now.
1st the down sides of the spell with the Divine Shield active the pally cant use any melee ability or auto attack the only thing they can do with divine shield up is use the judgment spell, heal, or throw out buffs.

With that in mind if you force a pally to bubble they cant kill you so most pally’s will just heal if a pally heals in front of you then you also heal in front of them or use the First aid Bandage.
Two things will happen
1st they will keep healing and you keep healing so you both reset at full HP. This is kinda of the same thing when they rogue runs away to reset the fight.
2nd they will freak out that you are healing or using the frist aid Bandage and they will stop you if this happens they are not healing which means they will be an easy clean up once that bubble falls off.

They also get Forbearance once they use bubble and wont be able to use Blessing of protection for a 1min than BoP only stops melee attacks and they also cant melee attack same as DS but can be destroyed with spells with bop up.

Its annoying everyone sees the spells and throws a fit yet every single one of our spells come with a downside.

Blessing a freedom, can’t use any othet blessing, no might, wisdom, kings, no blessing of Protection

Blessing a protection, divine shield both come with 5min cooldowns, you cant attack with them, and you get a 1min debuff forbearance (in the next update LoH will also be added to this)

LoH has a 1 hour cooldown and cost all your mana

All our blessing have a 5 min cooldowm none of them last 30mins and when we get the greater version at level 60 they cost a Reagent and only last 15 mins.

heh . simple fact is even at an hour cooldown it is still a 3rd full health bar every time its up. none of my spells come even close to that effectiveness to warrant being put on a 1 hr cooldown. and dont give me the “but it drains my mana bar” crap either cause you can regen it back with crusader strike enough to do your basic rotation to finish me off after lasting so long against someone with 3 full health bars.

put forbearance on it so you cant bubble and loh simple.

yes counter the full immunity bubble whos sole purpose is to make you immune to everything while you health to another full health bar. sure i can bandage a bit but you and i both know youre healing to full and ignoring me bandaging .

there are numerous ways pallies are in a very very good place and to deny that is idiocy at the very least.

did i mention the fact that my purge only gets 1 buff each time and costs a crap ton of mana? how am i supposed to slow you if you are carrying the flag when your freedom buff is protected by fort /mark/ai/blessing/ect.

ill run out of mana before i get it with maybe 2 seconds of it left anyways.

oh and nice really good weapon that every paladin and their mother has that you had to not deal with any rng to get that is good as some raid weapons.

theres more but whatever. you know you are in a really good place and forbearance should be on bubble/bop/loh for real to eliminate the chance of 3 freaking full life bars of happening.

Okay… bubble doesnt even last two for 2 full holy lights cast right now, and 2 holy light cast will get you to 50% Hp or 75% HP if a holy ligjt crts

Good thing you can pruge our seal, all our blessings so yea.

Talkimg aboit CS mana return in pvp is a freaking joke when i get like 20 mana back from CS that much mana doesnt play a single roll in pvp. We get more mana from wisdom then CS

Like i said LOH will get hit with the forbearance debuff, LOH got hit with that on the 1st Major patch back in Vanilla

And the 1st time used LOH on SoD and i didn’t get forbearances i said WTF because im so use to it i though it was a bug

haha . i must be blind when i see pallies bubbling and healing to full from 30% in the span of a bubble .

i know , dont believe my lying eyes that i have actually experienced.

ya good thing purge sucks my mana dry trying to purge your 4+ buffs before i even get to your freedom.

you are pretty silly man.

1 Like

Never brought up any of this, Just made the point that if Ret paladin has so many advantages in PvP that some of their runes should include some disadvantages like other overpowered runes do.

Funny cause I have a 25 paladin on SoD and a 60 paladin on Era and PvP with them quite regularly and STILL feel that they have too many advantages in SoD.

It’s utterly hilarious to me that you think because the character I use on the forums is a blood elf mage that I MUST play mage as if SoD doesn’t have other classes…

This entire post makes it really sound like you’re just bad at PvP with a paladin.

2 holy lights will almost always get me back to full health unless I popped shield at like less than like 5% health so you must have close to 2k health which is hard without tank gear and if you’re PvPing in tank gear what are you even doing… Even if it doesn’t get you to 100% you will be over 75% guaranteed.

You’re a joke if you’re running out of mana this quickly. Stop spamming your judgements and be a bit more conservative with mana. I almost never run out of mana in PvP, rare exceptions are especially long team fights in BG where almost everyone is out of mana by the end.

Blink is nothing like Divine Steed, nor are mage immunities like Paladin immunities. The current mage healing is dumb though, I’ll agree with that.

Divine Steed is literally the best mobility spell in the game in retail. It has unparalleled speed and distance coverage.
As you have admitted paladins are crippled without it, hence why having such a bursty short duration mobility tool with a long cd is a bad idea for such a class. Hence exactly what I said before, it makes engagement extremely binary, you either have it or you don’t, if you have it you win, if you don’t you lose.

Are you telling me that stance free charges or charge in combat haven’t also been standard Warrior things though? So it’s not unprecedented.

And yes whilst I agree that the specificity of it is directly from that talent, there is also a difference between a talented interaction on an ability, and a completely new ability plus individual talent modification. If they already had Divine Steed I’d completely understand seeing them add it, maybe, but giving it as a bundle, for a class with great burst seems both unlikely and a poor idea.

The immunity on the specific steed talent you are referring to as well is honestly well broken compared to Warbringer. The only reason it worked in retail is prot had nowhere near the damage nor the burst to make it problematic, something ret has in abundance.

It really is, for example ever wondered why it’s 100% speed and never been modified?
It’s an epic mount. So it’s speed is un-tunable as it is line with an baseline mechanic.
That in itself is problematic.

As to counterplay, what counterplay do you have against a class that is 100% immune, is faster than you, and has enough damage to kill you during their immunity?

Hope that you have an immunity yourself? Sadly that is not many classes. Even if that is the case, great you “counterplayed” the only tool the paladin has, now the paladin again as you yourself even stated before is back in their wheel chair and a free kill.
So we are back to that same binary interaction where you either instantly win and cannot be countered, or you do don’t and you now can’t win.

So yes, it’s a terrible ability and should never be brought to any other version of the game, the day can’t come sooner when it is removed from retail as well.

Paladins need a mobility tool, but it’s not Divine Steed and never will be.

Soooo Paladin’s just shouldn’t have anything? Are you saying that Paladin’s just should have no abilities at all?

Also, keep in mind, Paladins OOM fast even with the runes to restore Mana their Mana Pool is very finite.

Bubble makes it so they can not attack at all while Bubbled (currently) and if they bop to heal they get about 2 off (keeping in mind that Chaos Bolt can damage through bubble so that’s not even a safety net against locks)

You want to talk about freedom, how about Druids being able to just reshift out of any snare or root? Don’t see you complaining about that. Paladin’s Freedom is a cooldown, druids ability to free themselves is a global.

Seal of Justice is a chance, a small chance, to stun on hit and unless they are seal twisting which is only a 400ms window and consumes a ton of mana, they are losing out on other seals to use that.

Like, your argument is basically “I just don’t like Paladins” and comes off as you just have no idea how to fight one and instead of striving to get better you want them gone. Then what? Does your goalpost move to Druids because they can break out of your snares, roots, and heal themselves also?

Not really? Meta does not nerf any of their abilities damage. If by “big hit” in DPS you mean they can’t take a more heavy hitting DPS ability I would argue the strength with a Meta Lock is dotting up and surviving not big beefy hits.

Really? Coming from Mage? Really dude? No one else has DPS runes that nerf them. Get good and learn how to fight a Paladin instead of QQing. You have runes that provide so much survivability without touching your damage output. Don’t throw rocks when you live in a glass house, blueboy.

2 Likes

no. nobody is saying that.

they are saying the combination of all of it together makes you broken and able to counter nearly everything in the game with relative ease.

1 Like

Except it really doesn’t… Bubble is 5 minute cooldown which does not even let us attack while its up, BoP only protects from Physical if used instead, lay on hands is 1hr unless talented with all three applying forbearance meaning you cant use them back to back.

So at best Bubble exists to get a few heals off which massively kill the mana pool.

Freedom is a 20 second cooldown and it’s a Blessing so that will eat our current blessings which we then need to decide to re-use a GCD to get our blessing back which is also mana heavy.

Our heals are mana heavy, flash of light isn’t as such but heals like a limp noodle.

The complaints are absurd at best and could easily be said about classes like you, Shaman.

“It’s absurd shaman can just kite everyone down with a snaring totem and just keep putting totems down!” “Why can a shaman just eat my spells with grouding” “Ghost Wolf is too much mobility”

It never stops.

It’s not that Paladin’s are busted, it’s that you folks run into any challenge that is different and then complain instead of learning how to counter them. Every class in the game has strengths and weaknesses, Paladin’s are not special but you all act like they are the only ones with strengths.

4 Likes

you dont have to attack with bubble to make it immensely useful . the extra life bar you get from being able to immune and heal to full without the possiblity of being interrupted is golden.

i dont know if youve heard but loh doesnt cause forbearance . so chalk that up to an extra extra life bar. (that makes 3).

ive been melee crit by a paladin for a full 3rd of my health on my tank shaman in tank gear and also had 3 block stacks up … oh and the pally had very little mana. dont know how they did it but mana doesnt seem to be a concern in that area.

you know what also uses alot of mana? purge. it also only get 1 buff off so all those buffs from the priest druid and mage you get along with any blessings you get cover that freedom buff that it will take all my mana and 10 seconds of spamming purge to get off you.

oh boo hoo . you have to spend mana to heal. i do too and i bet my heals cost just as much and heal for less.

again even your complaint about shaman slowing people are silly cause totems have a range that is low and you can 1shot it with breathing on it. meanwhile i have to drain my entire mana pool to get your freedom off you and you can just skill shield me and i dont have the trinket to trinket it but every 5 mins if it is even on my trinket (dont have it yet).

challenge is one thing. being fully countered as almost every class against a pally is stupid.

1 Like

The trick to things like this is actually to de-buff (ie purge) them before they need to use Freedom in the first place.
The most the pally can do is hope they have teammates waste mana to cover Freedom.
Freedom itself is a blessing and thus replaces any previously cast blessing by the paladin.
So realistically the paladin has very poor ability to cover it’s own freedom from Purge.

1 Like