Nerf Paladins

Almost 20 years for paladin to be broken in classic…

Hahahahahahaha!

1 Like

Cry harder, git gud and do something better with your life

1 Like

You have no idea what you are even talking about.

They get Divine shield which is another bubble option just goes to show us you have no idea what you are talkimg about.

Its not another bubble option it replaces the current bubble and shares the same cool down

This isnt Retail pally’s cant use melee attacks while bubbled and only spells like Judgement can be used

repentance is hot garbage, and really only good for 1v1 most pallys are going to skip it, and go down another tree.

Have your facts right before running your mouth

1 Like

I disagree with this, all the other classes that already had great damage and burst got more of it with runes + more mobility. Let’s not pretend this is classic and that only Ret got runes.

Warrior will be insane, good luck kiting them with Warbringer, they where already the best DPS let alone the increased damage they have with runes.

Mages have the option to heal, have a ton of burst damage and cooldowns. They should come online at lvl 40 just like Warriors.

Warlock have more instant damage, more survivability overall going to be hard to kill and deal a ton of damage.

Shaman are already more tanky than Pally with leather, once they get mail armor and all their spells GG. They already win in 1v1 easily unless they are bad and will be amazing at 40.

Idk much about Spriest to talk about them but I’ve been told they also function properly at 40 and will be strong.

Druid is already better than Pally if they are any good, idk much about them to add.

Rogues already deal a ton of burst damage and have stuns, they get more of both at 40. Their only downside is they are squishy. Play like an Assassin targeting healers, or solo people without them being able to fight back.

Hunters are already #1 for the most part in all content they are a part of, they have great burst, consistent damage are tanky enough, and ranged with great mobility and tools. Add in their stun, then the extra 50% pet damage of Beastial Wrath + KC +BM, and their pets will be insanely strong. People already get soloed by hunters that just kite by their pets if they are not a class that can root and polly the pet.

I’d argue every other class is in a better position at 40, not to mention they also get new runes in the next phase. Pally getting some form of mobility would not hurt the game and is really needed for SoD. Everyone gets more burst, Pally is not even the best at it as is. Nearly Everyone gets more mobility in one form or another, or tools that cover their weakness. I don’t see why you are pretending Ret Pally is crazy when it’s above average at best in a phase where it got some much-needed runes to fix its playstyle and still has some of the largest weaknesses of all classes.

You are arguing for only Pally to have a huge weakness that lets nearly every single class kill them without them even being able to fight back. While the other melee is just as tanky, extremely mobile, and doing more damage and burst.

I agree with you here though, the horse is just bad for the game in a few different ways and causes issues. I hate it in retail and I would hate it here over other options. Plenty of other Pally abilities from over the years can be used instead to balance them out with the other classes.

1 Like

Nerf Paladins and Buff Lone Wolf Hunters. :ok:

2 Likes

What is a mouth breather mean ? Mrs 80 pally

1 Like

But hunters are not wolves. Nerf hunters.

2 Likes

The fact that you started your post with this statement loses you so much credibility immeditately.

It shares a cooldown with divine protection but not BoP and its an entirely different spell, Divine Prot. Uses less mana and doesnt give you any chance to fight back. Where Divine Shield does (tooltip even says it increases time between attacks by 100%). Just cause they are on the same cooldown doesnt mean they arent different spells. And you ARE able to melee its 100% slower swing timer. Also “only” judgment?? Think you’re forgetting the exorcism rune, crusader strike, and divine storm.

You say repentance is only good for 1v1s but i see paladins using it in classic premades all the time so i’m guessing you dont spend a lot of time in classic PvP. Its an incapacitate and you’re saying its practically useless. Makes me think you dont know how to take advantage of an incapacitate spell.

Maybe take your own advice.

Funny coming from a shaman

Imagine doubling down on an argument you clearly lost

You should stop posting now

So if everyone uses swiftness pots then pally is back where it started?

Your logic is adorable guy.

1 Like

I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong

1 Like

Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean they shouldn’t get something.
My comment is exclusively targeted at Divine Steed which is the worst ability ever created in my opinion.

I would much rather see Paladins get access to a different mobility tool in the rune system. I agree that classic version PoJ is simply inadequate, and currently they don’t have any other tool to accommodate that (and frankly later getting Repentence is still inadequate), especially if we expect classes to potentially get improved defensive capabilities.

1 Like

just another case of people being mad paladins can play the same game as them

4 Likes

Paladins do have twice the survivability of shaman as well as probably 1/3rd more DPS. That’s before all the 10min cooldowns they have.

Then why do Mages exist? They get to have all that and now insta healing.

It’s not like Pally’s are super mobile with divine steed. It’s just making them not be in a wheel chair and free kills.

Yea it was an amazing version and your point is? Warbringer rune is only the prot version when talented that existed for only 1 month. Yet it’s here. In all it’s glory.

So again why can’t we add the Prot Divine Steed as a rune?

It’s not bad design. It’s good design and made the game fun to play as it offered some counterplay.

that would make a lot of sense… :expressionless:

it’s hilarious to me that paladins think not having some kind of sprint ability is a devastating weakness :expressionless:

1 Like

Paladins got their entire class wishlist fulfilled at level 25. As an Era Paladin main, there is literally nothing else we need

Now if druid could get a fraction of our fundamental Era problems addressed, that would be cool

A rune called Master Shapeshifter that makes shifting free (or negligible) would be perfect

1 Like

AH yes the real solution to Paladin being overpowered !!

Buff them !!

Lmao.