Nerf Paladins

Bubble, Freedom, Lay on Hands, Seal of Justice, Hammer of Justice, Holy Light, Flash of Light, etc.

Just wanted to name a couple of the things that make paladin one of the most survivable classes in Classic WoW.

Now you give them Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, and the choice of a fear ward or having a 30 yard Exorcism they can use on anyone or a 30 yard Snare. One of the tankiest classes in WoW and you’re going to give them enough DPS abilities so they can solo 2-3 horde?

Warlock Meta rune alters the warlocks abilities so while they do have more armor and survivability, they take a pretty big hit in DPS, whereas Paladins consistently get the best of both worlds. Hell Ret paladins are literally tanking.
Why can’t paladin DPS runes also decrease their survivability?

24 Likes

You have my vote.

7 Likes

Most likely will get swept under the rug by a certain Paladin loving Dev and his cronies of the light. I mean let’s be honest everyone and their brother made a paladin so they aren’t going to alter one of the most appealing things that drove players to SoD in the first place.

7 Likes

Yeah pallys are a bit crazy right now…

I say we nerf hunters.

15 Likes

A Paladin riding a Hunter Pet into battle would be a nightmare that would make this forum wet the bed.

6 Likes

Just walk away from the extremely geared ret paladin. Pop that swiftness pot you got from a quest in xroads.

2 Likes

okay, but what if, and hear me out.

we nerf hunters again instead?

12 Likes

Nerf mages too then.

6 Likes

So in Next phase when warriors get wind Fury acts with mortal strike and War bringer and axe Specialization.

Really and gen we are 25 not 60 and wow pvp Has never really been balanced ever the closest we got was in mop and cara.

1 Like

The did just get nerfed, nerf them harder and at levels where pvp is slightly more balanced they will be useless.

1 Like

Amen nerf the light randies.

2 Likes

I have my Pally sitting in town waiting for them to be good eventually. It’s still a wheel chair class that lacks some serious tools this phase. I heard we are getting Divine steed which would help. I hope it’s the BFA Prot version where you are immune to CC during Steed. That would help.

4 Likes

What tools are they missing?
Wheelchair class that can use swiftness pots?? Eventually we will have rocket boots, zanza buff, mounts and countless other speed buffs.
Literally the most OP class with only one weakness and that is that they are slow. Speed them up and why play any other class in PvP?
Getting Divine Steed??? lol

4 Likes

Like I said Divine steed. Also Spell power/int gear. Right now Prot/Holy BiS gear is Leather Tier and Cloth. I’d also give them instant heals. Specifically WoG for Prot.

They could also get a rune where Str/Ap converts too Spell power like in Wrath.

This is dumb. If you need a swiftness pot just to move it means you are in a wheel chair.

Haha no. They aren’t anywhere close too OP. B tier at best. I got my pally shelved not worth playing him at this time in this phase. Hope they fix a lot especially for Prot/Holy. Pally still needs a lot of help with gearing/runes.

2 Likes

Pally is definitely A tier at this phase but they are not S tier. This is not retail and the rock paper scissors class balance is more prevalent in classic. There are some classes that pallys will destroy and there are classes that destroy pallies. A nerf to any class atm would be priest as they are S tier atm. However, at this low level I would wait for many nerf

3 Likes

No they did not. Not a single nerf has hit Paladins.

There was a BUG FIX that impacted them, yes. No nerfs.

3 Likes

This wasn’t in their classic kit to begin with.

Just gonna ignore all my other suggestions for movement speed increase? Maybe use Pursuit of Justice?

Sounds like you’re just not very good at PvP with paladin then because it’s pretty well known that 1v1 there’s few classes that will beat a paladin and if you’re any class that needs to be in melee range of a paladin you’re screwed, that’s not normal even if you’re fighting a fully geared warrior/rogue/feral druid/enh shaman. It’s clearly disproportionately in favor of paladins.

1 Like

Avenger’s shield dazing was not a bug fix, it was that way in tbc when it was introduced.

2 Likes

PROPERLY CONSIDERED.

It was a bug.

4 Likes

Finally, someone had the courage to say it.

No class should be as overpowered as Paladin. They’re 7th best in damage, 4th best in tanking, dead last in healing, and dead last in mobility. It’s insane what they bring to the table. I see a paladin in my WSG match and think “yep, the Horde is doomed now!”

Flash of Light is so insane it can outheal 100% of Rogue’s offhand weapon damage (if it doesn’t get set back 3 times per cast). I’m so glad Horde doesn’t have Paladins. I shudder to think of the horror of seeing them bubble and use their entire mana bar to heal almost as much as a bandage.

This abomination must be destroyed.

15 Likes