Nerf Paladins

In response to OP: I’m not going to say paladin is weak or underpowered right now - unless you’re playing Holy, but that’s because Holy is far more reliant on talents and spell crit (two things they’re currently lacking severely) to be not garbage - because, well, they’re not weak right now. They’re not the best for anything in PvE, but they’re not bad damage or tanking. (Note though: “ret paladins tanking” isn’t exclusive; DPS warriors are also tanking fine, with 2h weapons equipped nonetheless, because mitigation isn’t very important in PvE right now, so people are going for as much TPS as they can, by way of as much DPS as they can while staying alive.)

In PvP, they do decently to pretty well - though again, Holy is kinda shafted without talents or spell crit, and Beacon of Light is way too expensive right now if you’re in a situation you’d have to hotswap - but there are still a lot of counters against them. Freedom uses mana. LoH drains your mana completely. SoJ and HoJ cause DR on the same Stun effect. Holy Light uses a chunk of mana, Flash of Light heals for about as much as a 1h white hit. Crusader Strike & Divine Storm are good - though DS only until you run out of mana. Inspiration Exemplar isn’t really OP when it only pulses every 4 seconds(it’s more reliable with two paladins using it close to each other, but that’s eating both leg slots.) Exorcism is a mana devourer for nothing but damage.

There’s a common theme above, if you haven’t noticed: Like most classes in the game, paladins need mana for their abilities, and if they go oom, there’s not a ton they can do. Unlike most classes in the game that use mana, though, a paladin that gears up to do damage is going to wear hardly any gear that will give that paladin more mana. This is going to become more and more of an issue whenever other classes start getting more and more mana and paladins either get mana pools that don’t grow, or end up not doing nearly as much damage because they’re doing a balancing act between offense and resource management, and a lot of them are end up going for the former.

2 Likes

Its almost as if paladins, a meme class back in vanilla, needed a bit more of a boost than warriors who were already topping the charts in vanilla as both DPS and tanks. But nah, totally just bias and not basic game design and logic :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Devastate being usable in any stance is a no brainer

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree with you on that. Just on the premise that “paladin bias” has anything to do with the fact that it isn’t.

3 Likes

Exactly! This person gets it!

1 Like

What about getting gud bro? You’re crying for lay on hands 1h cd. In p1 when we are capped at lvl 25. In p2 paladins Will be in the bottom tier.

Play more, cry less and wait for phase 2, i Will see You here crying about 1 shot ele sham and starsurge druid, at least paladin is a melee class that You can counter being good enought.

1 Like

Our hoj stun just keeps getting longer and longer and longer and longer and longer… 2 years later … and longer and longer and longer.

Keep thinking they will be broken I’ll see you back here on the forums when you are screaming and crying for them to be nerfed >:)

1 Like

The sheer blind hatred for paladins people have is always funny. Stay mad.

9 Likes

You can tell there is some bias here from SOD Devs for Paladins. In Classic PVP, the Paladin’s biggest weakness is being kited, like most melee classes. Now they have a ranged slow to go along with their ranged stun…because healing, an immunity bubble, and cleanse aren’t enough for the easy mode Paladin.

2 Likes

“Waaaah, I got killed by ______ in PvP! Nerf them!”

I stopped playing my Paladin when it was practically impossible for me to actually get around the battlefield to fight people. That’s their problem - they have no movement mechanics and they 100% rely on their longevity to outlive their opponents. The extra rune damage abilities are nice, but they do not do nearly enough damage against someone who is getting support.

This thread is laughable.

3 Likes

Sounds like a pally that doesn’t use Pursuit of Justice or Swiftness pots, you also get a trinket next phase and rocket boots to increase their speed, maybe stop whining its a slow class when even priests/warlocks don’t get any speed increase abilities or talents.

Also what do you mean they don’t do nearly enough damage to someone getting support?? You shouldn’t be able to outright kill someone who is being healed by someone else that’s how the game works.

2 Likes

You’re right. They can just shield themselves, fear you, and heal.

If it’s such a big issue for them too why don’t they use swiftness pots too?

1 Like

Paladins can do 2 out of 3 of these things too. Evidently Priests/Warlocks don’t get a stun either.

They do.

2 Likes

lol, “use all these items you get in the game to make up for your class weaknesses”.
How about you nerds use items in the game to make up for the fact that you’re bad at this game and can’t kill Paladins.

1 Like

Gross oversimplification of what I said, and besides, you’re saying that players shouldn’t use things the game provides you with?? So no health/mana pots? No bandages? No elixirs? No FAPs?

Only people who say this don’t have a logical argument to begin with. Weak way to say that you don’t regularly PvP since Rank 14 premades practically all required you to have consumes and engineering.

2 Likes

They can do the same for less mana and fears are vastly better than stuns are.

They do not. Never in my life in pvp since SoD started have I seen any caster pop a potion for speed.

1 Like

On a Class that is a literal walking Fear Ward with Inspiration Exemplar?

Play a premade once in awhile, you’ll see it more often. Or heck go do some world PvP.

1 Like

Boohoo, kiddo.

1 Like

Looks like I was right, someone ran out of logical arguments to make.

2 Likes

I don’t argue with babies.

4 Likes