Nerf Mage Tower now or I unsub

Mythic raids, Keys of any level you can push them to, 3 different brackets of rated PVP where CR can get to well over 3,000. Dang you’re right, it’s almost like hardcore players have zero content to entertain themselves with. These casuals should enjoy the 12 different WQs they get every day and shut up, right? lol (I forgot to mention there’s now a rank 1 title for mythic plus players, also regional titles for what? the first 100 guilds that clear raids on mythic? Geez, you have like, nothing to do in this game that’s hard. I feel for you bro.)

“But Blizzard, what about the disenfranchised hardcore players!? Where’s our content?” - A blind man.

8 Likes

Btw ifbyiu really doubt why sont just go ahead and take a look? You dont have ti believe me. Just go around on discord servers and ask people :slight_smile:

They will likely say they did it live too yet not actually do it, or fail bad and have to eat crow so therefore will still say they did it with no problem.

I haven’t done it yet but have yet to see anyone say they completed it so I am taking the OP and all the other words from people saying it is way overtuned.

Edit: Just saw a post of a hunter doing it w/ screen shots and even they said it was way off and did over 100+ pulls. Either way, still sounds like the majority of the classes won’t work. Also they said use your artifact as they did more dmg with it.

2 Likes

I didnt say no one I said not a lot, I am sure there are people who did it. You have missed the point of this threat in your “lol your bad” attempt to feed your self esteem.

If you cleared it you are just on here telling people who also beat it in legion how much better you are?

People can beat mythic +30 keys right now. Should a 4 year old timewalking event be tuned like that?

The point isnt that there shouldnt be any hard content. But if you are saying this isnt harder than the original you are a fraud.

Not to mention you didn’t even do the challenge I am talking about lol. You are talking about the dps one, which is a totally different scenario.

The only reason you are on this forum is to point out you can do it and others cant. Ok you win.
That doesnt mean its at the appropriate level of difficulty for what the content actually is. That’s the point here.

Thinking = hard.

4 Likes

I don’t know. Honestly, the entire game is going in a bad direction. The top 1% who play the game all day and continually insist that any rewards be tied behind extreme levels of dedication and challenge seem to be dictating the game design.

Mythic raiding is already hard enough. Mythic Plus scales higher and higher until it is impossible. PvP is as difficult as your opponent is skilled. And all of these provide exclusive rewards. So the new Mage Tower doesn’t have to this super prestigious, super elite thing.

A lot of these people saying the difficulty is appropriate have not even done the new Mage Tower. They mistakenly trust that Blizzard tuned it well, or assume that the players complaining are crybabies.

9 Likes

Feelsbad, if only other classes had an easier time with mage tower

Either way, just watch how he did it.

Mage tower is horrible overtuned bugged crap. Fix it or I unsub.

It needs at least 50% nerfs across the board to be on par with end of legion difficulty.

Stop designing systems for 0.1% of playerbase.

6 Likes

Seriously just leave then. There is nothing wrong with this game having challenging solo content that everyone isn’t capable of winning. Learn to play your spec better and learn to deal with mechanics. You don’t deserve to win just because you try it. This is a challenge difficulty, this isn’t LFR.

2 Likes

I did mage tower on all classes + speccs, this is overtuned as heck and its not fun.
I know the tactics, I know how to do things, and yet you’ve made it about having the EXACT correct pieces of gear to do it, as some pieces help a load even if downgraded to ilvl 50.
Then there’s the Timewalker-gearing that supposedly also helps…

Having to gear old content stuff for something that is up every once in a blue moon for 1 week is stressfull and not fun.
Also, my bags are already full as I main a druid and play every specc for M+ and raiding…
and gear nowadays is a big clusterfudge…

Just, nerf this.
Please.
For the love of anything that is Fun, keep SOME STUFF in this game - FUN - and not “grind grind grind → THEN fun maybe”

8 Likes

Read it an weep; naysayers. 100% proof its overtuned.

I will add this line as proof 100% its overtuned for certain specs/classes, and the mage shouldn’t be 70% damage at 0 stacks… read the guide

Restoration Shaman Mage Tower Healing Challenge Guide - Lord Erdris Thorn - Shadowlands 9.1.5 - Guides - Wowhead
Look at ‘arcane blast’; you cannot get to 1 stack of the debuff which is 150% extra damage of 70% of an npc’s health… let alone 2.

Keep a close eye on your party, whoever drops below 50% health needs a heal. While doing damage and crowd control makes this stage a lot easier, your highest priority is making sure that nobody dies as that ends your attempt immediately. Your own death is not a guaranteed fail, as you can still make use of

your own death is 100% guarantee’d fail, Whoever drops below 70% health NEEDS a heal.

Knife Dance Channel that deals significant AoE damage to your entire party. Crowd control to interrupt the channel or be prepared with high throughput abilities.

IS NOT CHANNELED & unabled to be CC’d as the stun totem ends is instantly redone, interupts and hex are unavailable due no to it not being cast, and immune

Yo bro you just literally dont understand how knife dance work. If you interrupt the cast of knife dance, they will recast it. You have to wait for them to finish casting Knife dance and START CHANNELING Knife Dance and interrupt the channeled knife dance so they dont recast it…

PS. I completed the mage tower as MW, and the later parts are harder than stage 1.

wait, i think i missed something. is MT only available to people with a six month recurring sub?

There is zero room for error which wouldn’t be a problem in my opinion, but certain GCD on certain spell combos didn’t exist in legion which makes it so you can’t flip from one spell to another as quick as you could then.

Lets forget all of the talent changes that were done that were essentially REQUIRED for the tower, that no longer exist. Shaman resto/ele/enh had complete class reworks/rebuilds since Mage Tower was a thing.

Seeing what needs to be done and executing it with the said limitations is what is making it impossible. There is a huge difference between being hard and following an “exact” rotation into content that is no longer supported by talent changes and reworks.

I will use resto shaman for example since i’ve done it about 40 times, furthest i got was to the 2 soldiers and mage. In order to even get there you have to alternate between a purge/heal/purge/heal/purge/heal interupt on the 5th cast. (No room for a miss there and if you fail on any of that its over, this includes interupting an earlier cast which equals a fail as she does not recast on the same target - 1 stack of blast = npc 1 shot(150% of damage), 0 stacks = 70% NPC health gone per target; not 3 like in legion, this needs to be repeated for each stage with a mage)

With the GCD on purge/heal combo(which doesn’t exist for interupt so don’t get confused), you don’t have time to drop the stun totem when 1 mage and two soldiers come out. With the soldiers doing 25% damage per hit aoe damage, every 1second w/o interupt/channel, and the mage doing 70% damage at 0 stacks blast (with crit possibility; yes i’ve watched her crit at 0 stacks and 1 shot npcs instantly ending the game; which shouldn’t be possible with said forced gameplay).

At this point the only way to even deal with said wave is to ‘spirit link’… but spirit link DOES NOT WORK. Because Ascendance, Healing Tide does not do enough healing to sustain the damage done by all 3 npcs, and healing totem is needed to recover the health for the 3rd mage due to the damage of the first wave of 1 mage and 1 soldier combo, and the NEED to save stun totem for entry into the 1 mage 2 soldier wave.

You can’t hex one, doesn’t work. You can’t go into the 1 mage, 2 solider combo fight w/o the stun totem or they 1 shot the tank in first target and needs to be placed perfectly before the combo even activates. Because when they come out they are both doing a total of 10% health per tick(every .5seconds) damage to your entire party(not including the ‘rage’ damage which adds another 20% damage to 1 target) the mage is 100% guarantee’d to kill w/e it targets with 1 blast of arcane especially if its on the tank, with CD on totem and interupt being up you don’t have TIME to heal your targets because by the time you get a single heal off you lose someone to the mage due to the soldier damage. The stun totem doesn’t last long enough for enemies and you to take down the mage. By the time the stun totem ends the mage is only at 70-80% with ALL NPCS and you damaging it.

But then you’d say well Lust stupid, what a great idea. The problem with LUSTing is the mage still winds up with 50% health when the stun wears off in which she winds up 1 shotting w/e she targets because of the soldier AOE damage that is nonstop casting. Instantly ending the fight in 1.2seconds after the stun ends, and if you manage to interupt the wave insta ends at 3 seconds after interupt due to no other means of cc. No Earth Elemental does NOT grab agro from ANYTHING, and is completely ignored on the mage’s rotation. Without spiritlink working for the encounter, it leaves this part 100% impossible.

Earthen wall totem does NOT reduce damage in this encounter, making even more combos null and void. Wasting time casting anything other then your quickest heal means you or your ‘team’ is dead. So watching ANY video’s from legion, and seeing the damage done to the NPCS are at least 2x what they were then… has absolutely nothing to do with gear or legendary powers.

I would estimate the crit chance for the mage is around 10-20% where she 1 shots someone in your fight without the 1st stack of arcane blast damage boost.

If you manage to down it with this info let me know… your rotation needs to be EXACT, predictive and timed perfectly. Following the above you should be able to make it to 1mage 2 warriors easily.

Read it an weep; naysayers. 100% proof its overtuned.

I will add this line as proof 100% its overtuned for certain specs/classes, and the mage shouldn’t be 70% damage at 0 stacks… read the guide

Restoration Shaman Mage Tower Healing Challenge Guide - Lord Erdris Thorn - Shadowlands 9.1.5 - Guides - Wowhead
Look at ‘arcane blast’; you cannot get to 1 stack of the debuff which is 150% extra damage of 70% of an npc’s health… let alone 2.

Keep a close eye on your party, whoever drops below 50% health needs a heal. While doing damage and crowd control makes this stage a lot easier, your highest priority is making sure that nobody dies as that ends your attempt immediately. Your own death is not a guaranteed fail, as you can still make use of

your own death is 100% guarantee’d fail, Whoever drops below 70% health NEEDS a heal.

Knife Dance Channel that deals significant AoE damage to your entire party. Crowd control to interrupt the channel or be prepared with high throughput abilities.

IS NOT CHANNELED & unabled to be CC’d as the stun totem ends is instantly redone, interupts and hex are unavailable due no to it not being cast, and immune

That should solve it for you what RESTO shaman is doing. Monk abilities are way way different. The point is that I pointed out was that it was ‘overtuned’ by basic standards. IF YOUR CLASS is fine then it is fine. But CERTAIN SPEC/classes appear to be overtuned Mistweaver Monks did NOT get an overhaul since legion. Resto Shamans did Bfa 2nd season.

Enjoy your vacation.

2 Likes

Nah man if you have 1 AoE CC and 1 ST CC you can do it, youre just not doing it right. I never interrupted a mage and was fine. Interrupt Knife dance and heal through the fixate. The mage will only 1 shot someone at 8+ stacks and it wont get to that if you are doing any DPS, the AI mobs kill the mage first every time.

Besides if you dont suck at capacitor totem you will interrupt the mages while interrupting knife dance… or you know… use a throughput cooldown? Defensives? Spirit Link lol sheesh

i resubbed exactly for this event just to be let down again i shoulda just saved $15 bc i already knew it was gonna be a terrible experience it is blizz after all

6 Likes

The mage is 1 shotting on 2nd cast of arcane blast, even purging the mage is 100% death with 2 soldiers. Our CD’s are not working on the NPCS. So obviously you have no clue about their ‘guide’ for resto shaman not equaling whats actually going on in the fight. Your simply trolling and lying. Not going to argue with you when you didn’t even bother to read what I said to begin with.

No im honestly not trolling. I literally completed the whole scenario. The mage didnt 1 shot anyone until it had 8+ stacks. Of course double melee is rough if you dont use CC properly, but its not impossible. You can do it if you have 1 AoE CC and 1 ST CC, but if i tell you how it would ruin all the fun. Feel free to go to the monk forum and read my post about how I completed it as MW.

no.

You can literally watch side by side videos of some of these encounters and see with your own eyes that in the current iteration the mobs have more health and do more dmg, all the while we don’t have legos or some class / spec abilities we had in legion - like displacer beast for druids.

On the healing challenge, you face waves of enemy NPCs and there is a mob called the something soldier. They do an ability called blade dance which hits the entire party you have to heal. Watching the videos side by side you can see in the current release the mob is doing 5-10x more dmg than in legion to your friendly NPC. Its laughable how terribly tuned it is right now.

I cleared all the legion MT early on so I know what im talking about. You are in fact, 100 wrong.

6 Likes