Nerf Mage Tower now or I unsub

Nerf Mage Tower now or I unsub. Seriously.

I am going to stay parked right here on the Broken Shore in my Timewalking Gear and refuse to put on my Shadowlands gear or do any Shadowlands content until I finish the challenge. And if I never finish the challenge before the event is finished, then 9.1.5 is also finished for me (and probably 9.2, too, because game developers refuse to provide any power-related rewards for world content and Torghast).

I know that people are going to say things like “It is supposed to be hard” and “Get good”, but this is way overtuned compared to how it was on PTR and is even harder than it was in Legion in world quest gear. If you say that the level of challenge is the same, then it proves that you have not done all three iterations.

Not only are many specs missing baseline rotational improvements and built-in CC and utility, but the enemies in the live version have too much health and do too much unavoidable sustained damage to survive in the long term, so the issues are both mechanical and numerical.

To all the elitists who have been demanding challenges like this, go do all 36 if you think you are so skilled and the level of challenge on live is reasonable. And don’t use the excuse of “I don’t want the new cosmetic rewards anyway, I already did it in Legion”. Go do it for the challenge now that you claim is so important for the game, and get more than you bargained for.

This is just one more huge blunder for WoW’s game developers. I almost feel sorry for them because they can’t do anything right, not even adapt old content.

415 Likes

I might actually unsub too, the only thing i wanted from this patch was MT and they f’d it up on a monumental level so i think im out til 9.2.

153 Likes

Yeah, it’s not just the Mage Tower, but the fact that they aren’t doing anything right any more.

I can’t even tell whether they are trying to make it nearly impossible to increase time played and please the hardcores, or whether they honestly couldn’t get the tuning right.

83 Likes

I’ve been watching PTR guides to have a head start when I try the Guardian challenge and I am reading people commenting today saying the strategies shown there don’t work on live because it is badly overtuned.

Not to mention that in the video it looked messy and hard enough.

Is it that bad now?

32 Likes

They are probably planning to advertise the mage tower nerf as being alt friendly or something later after numbers drop :crazy_face: knowing Blizz.

Yep.

38 Likes

PTR videos are very misleading for certain specs, as certain enemy abilities were significantly buffed suddenly the day before this went live. (If you could survive a basic attack before but now you can’t, it means that the original strategy won’t work.)

I haven’t tried all the specs, but all the specs I tried today were much harder than they were on PTR.

6 Likes

Haven’t tried yet (only like 3 attempts) but my opinion is since it’s only 2 weeks and since the rewards are only sets that it should be easier and not harder.

But Blizz is greedy and they don’t want you to finish it too quickly, lol.

51 Likes

Yeah the mage tower is worse then on PTR

35 Likes

I was eagerly waiting for the fel werebear since the day it was announced and what did we get NOTHING .

34 Likes

I haven’t attempted it yet but my RL (also a boomkin) completed it.

Seriously, are they that difficult?

1 Like

Too bad.

Who knows, maybe they’ll tune it next week and add another week or something.

4 Likes

Yes. It is.

The resto shaman ptr guide shows healing through debuff stacks of up to 2. Nope. One stack and its basically over.

Why even have a PTR if they’re just gonna completely change the live build? Like how astronomically dumb is that?

“Let’s test this and then release something that’s different and untested! What could go wrong!?”

My god… people joke about “small indie company” etc… but honestly it REALLY does feel like that.

83 Likes

If Mage Tower isn’t nerfed, I send it back

18 Likes

Yeah. This will work. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I tried it on my resto druid, I would say I’m not the worst healer but my god the npcs go from 90% health to 0% in a matter of seconds and theres nothing you can do. It’s so frustrating I just want to complete it. I don’t mind the challenge but come on this is nearly impossible…

25 Likes

This abomination of tuning is not the Mage Tower we wanted back. It is not a “challenge”.

If you think it is reasonable, let us know once you have completed all 36.

Some people have been trying for hours with no success. And with no way to gear up for a better chance at success, why should they keep trying?

33 Likes

Go do the mage tower as a resto shaman.

Absolutely NO ONE is saying they dont want a challenge. No one… anywhere.

16 Likes

I know.

Their own official forum is the last place that devs look for feedback, and I am way too casual for them to care what I think.

6 Likes

you probably havent even played it yet to make such an ignorant comment lol

14 Likes

Yeah, this might be the end if devs don’t act to fix the situation.

I played WoW happily since the beginning, and admit that not every expac was the best, but ever since Shadowlands, WoW has felt like a bad game and it makes me want to always complain because I know it could have been much better. And devs still keep messing literally everything up.

10 Likes