Nerf leatherworking drums for TBC

Break that meta before it happens.

Blizzconline edit 2/20: Yes, they are looking into nerfing drums. You’re welcome, everyone.

60 Likes

why ? what does it matter? you don’t have to be a meta slave you know

6 Likes

I’m good with some changes to TBC. In hindsight, they probably should have made some gameplay changes to Classic (e.g., world buffs).

15 Likes

No.

5 Likes

I’m in the no changes crowd majority of the time, however drums should be nerfed.

1. Drums renforces a linear profession path that some classes may not benefit from except the drums.
  2. If you don’t get leather working, you’re a burden to a serious guild.
  3. Drums, like world buffs makes content too easy. Nerfing it at the start of TBC would scale the difficulty to match min/maxxing players.
16 Likes

no need to nerf drums. drums are love. drums are life. why hate drums?

Drums was a meta back in the day. Tbh, im not sure you could clear Sunwell without them.

2 Likes

I can relate to OP, nerfing lw would make the raiding experience a lot better.

11 Likes

That’s perfect! Let’s have a hard raid tier.

3 Likes

So you dont want to re roll leather working from Eng eh?

3 Likes

I do plan on switching to a seal twisting ret paladin for TBC. If I have to get LW, I will, but having that be mandatory is kind of disheartening. Would be LW/Engi with a hunter alt doing the mining/skinning.

This is great.

If it was going to work in TBC it should work now in Classic and according to the paladins it does not, so that may be a dead horse.

Did work in TBC because ours was doing over 2K DPS as ret.

There is a lot of stuff that worked differently in Vanilla, and from what I was told Seal Twisting was possible in Vanilla, and TBC. I am also told that Seal Twisting is not possible in Classic WoW because the system is not the same as Vanilla.

To me that sounds like it will not have a chance in TBC either, but hey I would love to see it possible because really what harm would it be for paladin to be doing great damage?

As long as your silly PVE nerfs don’t hurt my drums of panic in PVP then ok.

The one thing I learned from playing classic is that metas mean nothing. Min maxing is meaningless for raiding it’s only for people who care about artificially generated spreadsheet numbers.

Just play whatever the hell you want in burning crusade and have fun. I know personally I will not be going leather working simply to spite the meta. I have always refused to go along with the hive mentality of min maxing in this game and will not be participating in any form of that going forward.

Nobody’s forcing you to go leather working and it will not influence your chances of clearing content.

5 Likes

Sunwell fights are kind of the beginning of the end of half assing content, its very possible that those will require meta comps and min maxing to complete, up until then it doesn’t matter, it just makes things easier

1 Like

I hope TBC gets plenty of changes, it needs it function. The players are better, the strategies are overplayed, the meta is pre-solved.

Don’t let TBC-Classic be ruined by no changes like Classic was.

5 Likes

Agreed on nerfing the drums meta.

And yes, seal twisting was possible in og and in og tbc, but (apparently) does not work in classic, nor is it likely to in classic-TBC… In all honesty though? That’s a good thing. Specs shouldn’t be depending on bugs/exploits for their expected output… also, while on the topic of TBC Paladin changes, and seals… even as a former and soon to be once again, BE-Ret, Alliance Rets should ALSO be getting seal of blood (or whatever alliance themed version of it), and horde prots should be getting that dot-tank seal.

1 Like