Nelf Fans, don't pre-order

Flapping in Moonkin form is far more entertaining.

2 Likes

But the pretty trail of stars!

I really wish vulpera could have been druids. :cry:

1 Like

They are. Just because you don’t like it when your repeated genocide target decides to talk much deserved trash on you while you’re questing in Val’sharah is your own problem.

Wrong again. It was the ancient protectors. Specifically male dryads and treants. Sentinels were not involved. Seriously why do you even play a Night Elf?

There are female Night Elves fighting against Tyrande as well (19:51 mark):

1 Like

Okay so I forgot about 2 Wardens. Those still aren’t “Tyrande’s own sentinels”

There are a lot more than two if you keep watching the video.

Also, did you play the Frozen Throne expansion?

IconSmall Maiev.gif Maiev Shadowsong: Priestess Tyrande, I’m surprised you came in person. Are you here to absolve your guilty conscience?
    IconSmall Tyrande.gif Tyrande Whisperwind: I did what I had to do, Maiev. You are in no position to judge me.
    IconSmall Maiev.gif Maiev Shadowsong: What you did was murder my Watchers and set the Betrayer free! It is you who should be locked in a cage.

2 Likes

I think those all fall under Watchers even if they’re not wardens. I don’t know how their chain of command works but maybe they only answer to Maiev.

Also bring back the Watchers! And with moonkin among their ranks!

1 Like

What part of this statement makes them “Tyrande’s Sentinels” ???

You are technically correct that they were an independent group from the Sentinels. Though you are missing the spirit of the point, as the Watchers were still appointed by Tyrande, who was the leaders of the Night Elves after the Sundering and during Warcraft III. Malfurion only became co-leader after his return just before the Cataclysm.

Pretty sure one of the novels states that Maiev selected the Watchers herself. This is a lot of effort to try and apply negative traits to Tyrande that don’t exist.

Edit: Did a 5 second google search. The original watchers were Priestesses that volunteered.

Not much effort is needed. Tyrande herself admits later that even she believes that she was wrong to free Illidan:

IconSmall Illidan.gif Illidan Stormrage: Tyrande! What are you doing here? This battle does not concern you.
    IconSmall Tyrande.gif Tyrande Whisperwind: I was wrong to set you free, Illidan. I can see that now. You’ve become a monster.
    IconSmall Illidan.gif Illidan Stormrage: Monster? Is that what you think of me? I have always…cared about you, Tyrande. I sought only to prove my worthiness–my power!
    IconSmall Tyrande.gif Tyrande Whisperwind: Raw power is no substitute for true strength, Illidan. That is why I chose your brother over you.

You should do more than five seconds of research then:

The Watchers were created specifically and exclusively to be Illidan's jailors, but as further threats came up, Tyrande broadened the Watchers' role to include guarding other prisoners. Maiev took grim pleasure in these added responsibilities. Watchers became jailors and marshals: they policed the barrow prisons and hunted down dangerous criminals.

The assertion made by Blizz Drone #375 designation “Drahliana” was that Tyrande is sort of monster that murdered her own Sentinels, because we should really he backing up toxic horde players, which is false. What she did was put down disobedient watchers that had volunteered themselves to work under Maiev of their own accord when they got physical to prevent her from reaching her goal.

Also try reading WoWpedia’s article on just the Watchers. The Encyclopedia, much like Chronicles now, isn’t canon and hasn’t been for years.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Watchers

You are not wrong on this point. There really was no reason for the Watchers to disobey Tyrande.

2 Likes

You do know Wowpedia is a fan site and not an official lore source, right? And that the very article you linked cites The Encyclopedia as a canon source as its third reference, right?

1 Like

Then we can’t really tell which is actually correct. Since both our links are WoWpedia. But im more interested in why youre defending this drone and some toxic horde player.

Sure we can. There’s no statement that says the Encyclopedia is not canon.

I protest Drahliana as much as anyone else when Drahliana makes false lore statements or plays contrarian Night Elf avatar poster. But Dakore did not reference any lore facts that weren’t true, though I do not agree with his calling Tyrande “snot.”

Tyrande has always made rash decisions. It is not out of character for her to want to take action immediately.

2 Likes

One would think that the Chosen of Elune would have found a better way. And so while I may have been basically loose in lumping them as Sentinels, in the long view of things they were hierarchically responsible to her and she for them. Because if they were not in the Druid chain of command, they were in hers.

At the very least it proves that she was negligent in the long term for letting Maiev turn them into her private little club of whackos.

Oddly enough, it was Malfurion who sentenced Illidan, and Maiev carrying that sentence out, and Maiev showed Malfurion a lot of respect all throughout The Frozen Throne expansion. Which made her trying to kill Malfurion in Wolfheart even stranger. But Wolfheart has been forgotten about and Maiev is back to working under Malfurion, so, I guess we’re back to square one.

There’s but one step between love and hate.

I am so glad it is, heck even Maiev jokes about it in Heroes of the Storm:

So I murdered a few Highborne, tried to kill Malfurion, and fled Darnassus as a wanted fugitive. Can’t you just drop it and move on? Everyone else has!

1 Like