Nelf Fans, don't pre-order

The story gives a more complete verison of the events, than a quest to kill a few horde or alliance, its obivious to anyone which is the true events of the story.

That and she was playing footsie with a Dark Iron.

That’s because the evacuation of the Undercity was planned in advance. And there was no reason to believe that the Alliance was going to destroy a city they were trying to take for themselves.

There was no anticipation on the other hand, that Teldrassil was going to burn.

1 Like

This doesn’t happen until after she’s kidnapped. So it doesn’t play a role in Magni’s retconned sexism. It’s literally just Golden doesn’t like Dwarves. Much like the entire writing team doesn’t like Night Elves.

Oh and remember not to pre-order Night Elf Fans. Blizzard wants your money but they don’t want to offer a product you can enjoy in exchange.

1 Like

-Looks at shadowlands content we’ve seen so far related to Night Elfs.-

-Looks at shadowlands content we’ve seen so far related to other races.-

:thinking:

It does look like they’re trying to make up for it. The Forsaken and Night Elf both have been dealt a bad hand in BfA, no denying that.

2 Likes

The art team is not the writing team.

The art team always knock it out of the park for everyone.

1 Like

So… none? It’s not even beta yet and even if the night elves will play a role there, it will obviously be nothing positive.

If they were trying to make up for it they would’ve given us atleast some of these things:

• Revenge / The ability to strike back
  • Justice for Teldrassil
  • Our lands back
  • atleast one cinematic instead of giving 4 to the horde
  • Night Elves actually acting reasonably and not forgiving the horde for absolutely no reason at all
  • Sylvanas / Nathanos death
  • No eternal suffering and torment for all those night elves that died and will forever be in the maw
  • A single victory in 8.1

The list goes on endlessly, yet we have and will never get anything.

2 Likes

How can you be that willfully ignorant? Just the Tyrande/Elune part in Ardenweald, from the little we know, is already far ahead than any other races.

2 Likes

Not believing anything before I see it and even if they hold their word, nobody said that it will be something positive.

2 Likes

There there night elves, soon 99% of your population will be slaughtered instead and you’ll be forced to rename yourself the Edge Elves

You’re a bit late to the party, it already happened

Well…You’re not wrong

Cause the words of discount high elves mean anything.

Never heard this before. Do you have a link to the source for this? I’m curious.

2 Likes

Metzen said in an interview that the last thing he worked on before leaving was the Siege of Lordaeron and that he had no idea about the burning.

Thats the only source there is for this.

1 Like

He said the last thing he worked on was the BfA cinematic, which takes place during the Siege of Lordaeron. He wasn’t involved in the quest design. Also, Metzen left Blizzard in September 2016.

It seems pretty clear from the way the cinematic doesn’t line up with the rest of the expansion that it was made before they’d decided much of anything about BfA except that it would have faction conflict and Lordaeron would be attacked. I don’t think that’s proof that anything else was tacked on at the last minute, unless there’s other evidence.

4 Likes

You’re right. Glad to see population numbers mattering!

Oh. Wait. It ain’t. There’s gonna be as much Night Elves, or any other races on the verge of extinction, as it needs it to be for the story.

5 Likes

Yes but you’re dealing with Katiera. He puts very little thought into any of this beyond “Blizzard said this so this is the correct thing to support.”

2 Likes

And so what? Still doesn’t change the fact that the night elves got destroyed in every aspect possible and are getting ignored afterwards just so horde players can get that feel of power.

The only way for Night Elves to have it even worse at this point with all their people being in the maw forever and their living population gone, is Tyrande dying and Sylvanas being redeemed which both seem very likely in Shadowlands.

1 Like

Indeed. 'Tis not like you getting content in Ardenweald. Nope. Not at all.

I thoroughly enjoyed that feel of power. So worth it, all the narrative destruction required to get it, obliteration of any investment given throughout the years. Empowering I say! Never felt better.

Pointless in a game who has shown little or none attention to population at all. Ever.

Unwilling to believe any forwards development of the Night Elves based on elements said at Blizzcon 'til, and I quote and paraphrase ya, “I see it.”, blindfully believe something without any proofs? Selecting elements that fit your narrative. Great job lass! Keep going on.

9 Likes