Nelf Fans, don't pre-order

And yet now we know that with the canon Alliance wins that’s probably exactly what happened.

1 Like

Blizzard probably knew that the salt would be too high from the horde players

That supposed revelation did not come until considerably farther down the line.

And again… it’s game play game play game play above all other considerations, as it SHOULD be. This IS a game after all.

Oh Horde players, we’re opening a Warfront in which you’ve already lost. Have fun playing!

Don’t tell me that you’d be enthused to run that warfront if that sentence read Alliance.

2 Likes

I like how the whole crowd booed when they said that the alliance reclaimed their own zones.

problem is still that they said that the NE got their revenge which isn’t true no matter how you turn it. And if nobody asked, we would’ve never known who won darkshore, and we probably will never know about Ashenvale.

2 Likes

The vast majority of the players that go to Blizzcon are Horde players which outnumber Alliance players around the globe by 2 to 1 or more.

1 Like

There’s a reason blizzcon used to be called hordecon by the community

1 Like

I really don’t give a flying fig about a loose comment in a dev conference until I see it in play. They’ve said lots of loose statements that never played out… like the development of a whole underground spider zone in Northrend… or the expansion of the Plane of Water in Cataclysm… For years I remember riding through what was supposed to be a battleground in Azshara Crater. (don’t bother looking for it, it’s not there any more.)

And as I’ve pointed out no matter what the nature of that statement, it was not made at t he opening of the Warfront, but afterwards.

Uh that statement implies that the night elves got what they will get with the warfront and that they’ll now be ignored again. The statement was made after the warfront at a point where we didn’t even know if they reclaimed Darkshore and we will never ever see that ingame either, let alone a new home for the night elves.

1 Like

I dunno why you expect blizzard to update stuff when they never do not even for the horde

The warfront zones including Trisfal glades and Silithus do not reset with logging out, however zones like Blasted lands does. It is so annoying, as there isn’t really any point to keeping the WoD blasted lands open now (unless you want that bronze whelping from the iron horde orcs there). I want it to stay as the pre-WoD version so I don’t have to keep changing it every time a world event is up like Hallows end.

Idk, everyone has to do what’s right for them. I pre-ordered because no matter what Blizzard does to them in-game, kaldorei lore is my favorite and I love my nelfy main and all my nelfy alts, and I have a guild to look out for.

Also I’m here for the RP and I’m super skilled at writing around difficult source text. I’m a fanfic writer, man, I have written fanfic for fandoms including Supernatural, Stargate Atlantis, Leverage, The Losers, crossover Lord of the Rings x Stargate Atlantis, crossover The Losers x Leverage, one day I will write crossover Losers x Leverage x The Walking Dead because how can I not bring those three Jeffrey Dean Morgan characters together eh? eh? HOW NOT? and – god help me – Oliver Stone’s 2004 Alexander. Difficult source text is my jam, it provides so much more opportunity than stuff that’s brilliant to start with.

This is what I tell myself. Mostly I even believe it. >.>

5 Likes

But it did come nonetheless.

Gameplay and lore don’t always matter to each other. People are still running Mythic+'s over and over for gameplay, not story.

And as far as the story of the Darkshore Warfront went all the lore relevant content pointed to the Night Elves winning. And now we have canon confirmation of that analysis.

6 Likes

Well if we wanted to be consistent with what Dwarves use to address people which would be “Lad” then no I would have no issue with him calling any of those listed as such. Because that’s what Dwarves do regardless of their own gender. Men are Lad and Women are Lass.

It’s just bad writing on Golden’s part in a sad attempt to sound woke that ends up backfiring on her when the “Super Proud First Female Warchief” turns into an emotionally unstable villain.

This is also a poorly made retcon. The original reason he didn’t “”“trust”"" Moira to lead is because he was being a helicopter dad. Not because he thought her being a woman meant she was unfit for the role. Then they retconned it into unimaginative sexism.

Then this contradicts in-game scenes where many Worgen NPCs are shown in Teldrassil as in burns.

1 Like

Blizz certainly seems to hate NE players in BFA. But they let you get “revenge” in the battlefront right? Right?

Yes. Elegy also has the last child with Mia being a Night Elf child, but in-game it was a Gilnean child. I assume Elegy takes precedent, as it is still available on the World of Warcraft website, but the in-game event was removed.

1 Like

There are many, many contradictions between the quests and Elegy. One wonders how exactly the writers and developers collaborated, if at all.

10 Likes

This is blizzard, so nope.

1 Like

Cause the in game events where thrown together last min? The orginal plan was to have only lorderan seige, but then they decided to do the teld burning in game too

This illustrates another major problem with Warcraftt Lore, we’ve got multiple cooks baking the same cake and obviously no one is making the effort to keep them on the same page.

7 Likes