Nelf Fans, don't pre-order

It is pretty clear that blizzard doesn’t like feedback, even when it is constructive. There have been bugs that i’ve reported in game, on the bug forums AND on twitter that are yet to be fixed. Some of them I noticed from BFA’s launch.

Another example is how they pick and choose which “questions” they want to answer in the Q&A’s, most of them are questions that don’t really need answering because they have already answered them in the past.

1 Like

Yea you’re right, I’m just hoping that I can somewhat make a difference here and make Blizzard aware of the issue, maybe it helps but it’s probably in vain

Blizzards writers are people who hate night elves and have a hard-on for a walking corpse. To the point that one of them turned a minor character into his self insert.

So yeah, it is most likely in vain.

2 Likes

I think GD and Twitter are generally the best options for getting something read by someone at Blizzard. But unfortunately they might not do anything even if they do read it.

It’s dumb to say they don’t read stuff they surely listened to Sylvanas fans and let them side with her even if it was half assed

Because it’s Sylvanas and they actually like Sylvanas unlike the night elves

1 Like

I said they don’t read constructive feedback / criticism. I never said they don’t read stuff completely. Pandering to Sylvanas fanboys is not listening to constructive criticism.

1 Like

You are the only one who think it wasn’t half assed you know even Sylvanas fans didn’t like how the loyalist quest turned out it’s obvious that it is a afterthought

Uh idc if it’s half assed or not they added the option because it’s plausible since they will redeem Sylvanas eventually. Notice how we never had an option to side with Gul’dan, Sargeras, N’zoth, Azshara etc. ?

You do have a option to side with nzoth

You don’t, it’s just a toy similar as in timeless isle as far as I know.

You do you get special dialogues and everything it’s half assed just like everything else

Just as half assed as all night elf stuff in 8.1 but when it comes to the horde they can throw a few hundreds of thousands of dollars into GCI cinematics for Saurfang.

As I said the loyalist option was later added because it actually made sense since they never had plans to make sylvanas the villain (or atleast only temporary)

sureeee have you ever done horde side in 8.1 its actually kind of pitiful how much content they get compared to the alliance.

They got the same amount of content? They also got the better content since they weren’t spat on in 8.1 like the night elves.

As a side note, is there anyone that Blizz actually “likes”? Let us consider of a moment what some of the other races have gone through.

• MU Orcs: WoD absolutely shattered their racial history. Portraying them as savage, bloodthirsty monsters even before they drank the Demon Blood; completely diluting the tragedy that was mixed with the savagery of Orcs.
  • Gnomes and Goblins: Both races have the same problem, their relevance and value is almost entirely dependent on the ever fluctuating tech levels of this setting. Thus, their actual Racial Narratives are extremely neglected.
  • Dwarves: They are in OK shape as a people, but my god do they even exist in the story outside of the two Bronzehammer brothers that aren’t part of the Dwarven Kingdoms? Muradin is the most interesting brother, Moira could be an amazing character, as could Felstad … but its all Bran and Magni time all the time.
  • Tauren: Plot Device species, meant to exist solely as a the Token Good Horde race to offset when Blizz sends the Horde off the deepend. Their lore is disgustingly undervalued and underdeveloped. The Earth Mother remains very … vague.
  • Worgen: Yeah, they’ll never get Gilneas back because Blizz doesn’t want to front the cost to give it back to them. So they give them a heritage questline where they get Gilneas back in a dream; and Tess rejects the Worgen curse. The least they could do is give Lorna the Worgen Curse if Tess wont get it.
  • Forsaken: I mean … 15 years of buildup; 9 years on this current story arc; and Blizz could not be bothered to even attempt to buildup a replacement leader for when Sylvie and Nate bounced? They even created and killed off a leader group! Hell, they are genuinely at risk of having their entire Racial Fantasy murdered by Calia Menethil atm.
  • Darkspear: The race that has never been allowed a single win that lasts in all of Warcraft; outside of reclaiming the Echo Isles … again.

I … guess Humans and Draenei are doing allright atm … even if the latter is so often perceived as very inconvenient to write around by Blizz; so they just ignore them when their racial fantasy would get in the way. The BEs are doing fairly well as well.

9 Likes

I agree with all this but the human part, Humans are relegated down to one generic kingdom lead by the nicest guy in the Universe. Everything diverse about the different human nations is gone. The Humans have gone from being interesting in war 3 to becoming a meme about Potential because of the overuse of Jaina, Anduin and Varian.

Even the Humans history is more vague than the night elves and never really explored in any detail when compared to the night elves and trolls.

6 Likes

What other races have 90% of their population in the maw right now?

1 Like

Well, I never said they were doing “good” … just OK. They’re doing allright in terms of story relevance. They just rebuilt one of their lost Kingdoms in Arathi, and reconnected with another in Kul Tiras. Gilneas is only not returned to the Gilneans by now because of Blizz and Budgeting. Finally, the heir to the Lordaeron Kingdom just appeared … and I don’t think Taelia being Calia’s lost daughter is completely off the table.

Not great … but better than most.

The Worgen.