Nelf Fans, don't pre-order

She has plenty of people, nathanos to a bunch of loyalist forsaken, I am just saying, your asking alot of characters to put there dumb hats on just so your favorite character can be some death goddess as a punishment

First off, Sylvanas is my favorite character? Heh, that’s news to me.

But yeah, the limiting factor would likely be that whoever helps free her has to be one that’s not only willing to take her place, but also one with enough competence/plot armor to actually pull it off. In order to get the power, they apparently had to make a bunch of deals with other death entities, had to be a position of power, be sentenced to the Maw, have to be so selfish that they’d screw over the afterlife/Azeroth at the idea of escaping the Maw etc. And Sylvanas was already a plenty capable warrior before hand.

If just any mook would do, the Jailer could have picked any mook.

And no, I don’t think being the Jailer is supposed to be a glamorous job. Sylvanas would essentially be locked in Azeroth’s version of hell for the rest of eternity as the Jailer, when her entire goal so far seems to have been escaping that fate.

It’s a plot so classic that it’s a trope in and of itself: a character wishes to have the powers of X, but they’re dismayed to find it comes with all of these associated limitations/obligations/restrictions, which are things they ironically didn’t want.

She literally knows how to escape, its like giving a murder a gun in prison and telling them not to kill the guards.

So in Aladdin…

Jafar has everyone dead to rights and owns the genie of the lamp, but desires more and more power, so they use that against him by making him wish for the “phenomenal cosmic powers” of a genie, which he gets, only he forgets to take into account the “itty bitty living space” and the fact that he’s now a slave to the job. He has power, but loses the control he so desperately craved so he is unable to wield it as he sees fit because he needs to rely on someone else to do it.

That’s how you sign up for massive disappointment.
You’ll see, just remember me when there is absolutely not a single positive thing for the night elves in 9.0 because it’s so obvious with their current writing style. Why the hell would this writing team give a good thing to the NE? There are no reasons for them.

Nobody wants it to happen but it’s the most likely outcome that she will either have a neutral untouchable position or becomes the hero and leads us into 10.0, 11.0 etc.

1 Like

“Also people shouldnt preorder if they are forsaken fans.” From tankore

7 Likes

Or Death Knight fans who want Two Handed Frost.

7 Likes

Or literally anybody

7 Likes

Yeah do not do it annoying nerdd

1 Like

Golden’s entire body of work when she’s left to her devices is being bad at feminism, any female character not in a traditional gender role is an emotionally unstable mess.

Lord of the Clans or whichever Orc book she wrote was only any good because Metzen babysat her the whole way through.

Look no further than Sylvanas. The unstable woman who had a paragraph long inner monologue about her pride in being the first female Warchief and also a paragraph inner monologue about how triggered she is whem Magni Bronzebeard, a Dwarf, calls her Lass.

10 Likes

I just wish there would be atleast one writer that doesn’t absolutely despise night elves but unlucky I guess…

Blizz: Specifically mention that Sylvanas is the first female warchief.

Also Blizz: Follow that up with portraying Sylvanas as a genocidal, selfish, emotionally unstable, evil shrew with zero redeeming qualities.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

19 Likes

Girl power???

4 Likes

“The jailer” is a title given to someone/ something that has power. The title isnt what bestows the power to the entity.

You really love to argue for the sake of arguement, my opinion on how i would like to see sylvanas story arc go remains unchanged. No redemption, we dont kill her back on azeroth, we find her darkness in the shadowlands and bind her there, body and soul. We can argur favorite colors too if you want? I happen to like purple. Why am i wrong about that?

I would like see sylvanas end up in the darkness she described from edge of night after her suicide, because of the actions she has taken to avoid that afterlife. Her simply being defeated isnt enough, she needs to know her road to hell was paved with her attempts to avoid i, and she was tricked onto that path.

1 Like

They will still redeem her in some way because the writers like her way too much in order to write a neutral story. Also imagine how happy nelf players would be when she dies, can’t let that happen.

1 Like

Those two, maybe twitter, but frankly any negative feedback will probably be ignored.

please let it be true, I can see you kitting the game after the cinematic where she becomes a god and take elune’s place and all NE bowing down and chating
‘’ Sylvanas adore!’’ and they would build a new capital near the well in hyjal and it will be called
Zin-Sylvanir <3

1 Like

Oof. Brutal.

1 Like

Doesn’t really work when blizzard no longer reads this forum. I believe they don’t read any forum outside of GD and the bug forums.

I also had a few threads in GD like this one:

With quite a few likes and also made a few reddit posts with a few thousands of upvotes, but not sure if they even gather feedback from reddit.