Need xfer help

The guild I’ve been with since AQ took the free xfer from Grobbulus to Sulfuras. I missed the free xfer by a day so I planned on buying an xfer when my 90 day xfer cooldown was up (didn’t have much longer) but now Sulfuras is locked. Is it possible to get an xfer to Sulfuras?

Not while transfers are locked. You will have to wait for them to be unlocked. The lock is hard coded into the system and the GM staff cannot bypass it.

1 Like

Figured, support has been pretty much nonexistent for the past 10 days. Kind of sucks that I won’t be playing wotlk due to server issues

Support wouldn’t have been able to do anything. Devs make the call to lock and unlock servers. Once they locked it down, there isn’t anything a GM can do and Devs don’t directly handle support in that fashion. And it’s too late now, but I have seen it mentioned here that free server transfers when trying to drain off the high pop servers? It’s the only time a transfer cooldown can be bypassed.

Beyond that now, it’s just a matter of waiting to see if/when they’ll reopen for transfers.

1 Like

I know, no one can ever do anything. It’s always “higher up”, doesn’t matter what business you’re dealing with. It’s just the nature of things in a world of mega-corps.

I’m sorry there isn’t a better answer. I’m sincerely hoping they’ll work on reuniting folks caught up in split guilds and friend groups before release, but who is to know what they’re planning on.

This is the absolute best place to keep an eye on, as they’re updating it regularly with any changes. It can happen at the drop of a hat, so it’s worth keeping an eye on, as they’ve opened Sulfuras once after they locked it down initially.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info

1 Like