Automated Transfer and Boost Put Character on Cooldown

After a forced transfer to Sulfuras (and a boost from 61 to 70), my character is locked without any indication of how long is remaining on the lock.

The boost was over a week ago now.

I’m not entirely clear on what you mean, Skeletrex. There wasn’t a forced transfer to Sulfuras. We had realm consolidations, but everyone from the realms that were listed was moved to Sulfuras, it wasn’t a transfer.

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding. What do you mean the character is locked? It looks like you are on it now.

2 Likes

I cannot pay for a transfer to another realm for this character. Upon attempting to initiate, one of the messages stated is: “This character is still on cooldown for this service.”

When I don’t request something and it is done anyway on my behalf, that is forced, regardless of the circumstances leading up to it.

Répondez s’il vous plaît. Should I be opening a ticket for something like this?

I would go ahead and put one in. But understand that if the realm transfer restriction somehow was flagged on these, then there may be nothing that a GM can do.

That said, I didn’t think that the transfer restriction had been initiated on these. So I’m just wondering if you had any other character services recently on the character you’re trying to transfer.

2 Likes

Again, characters weren’t exactly transferred, the realms were consolidated. Meaning the realm your character previously existed on was essentially deleted. If your character did not get moved during the consolidation to Sulfuras, then it too would have been deleted.

That said, it seems some characters are experiencing a cooldown.

Our staff should be able to help, but you’ll need to submit a ticket.

4 Likes

We’re describing the same thing.

Is there a better place to submit the ticket than “Character Undelete”? There are no cookie-cutter options that match the issue that I’m experiencing, and I couldn’t find anything that fit better in the UI. I’m approaching 2 days on my ticket without any response.

Ticket times are at 5+ days atm.

They just responded to me. For others curious the GM recommended “Account - not listed here”. But it doesn’t give it a priority assignment.

If you are experiencing this, make sure you have a destination realm in mind and that it is accepting characters. They are unable to repair the data (i.e. remove the lock), so they have to initiate the transfer on your behalf.

Just to set expectations, this is not something that we normally are able to assist with and we very well may not be able to help. You generally need to wait for the cooldown to expire before being able to use a character service to transfer to another realm.

Free Character Moves, circumvent the transfer cooldown though, so would not prevent you from transferring to one of those realms when available.

3 Likes

The issue is that I have not purchased a transfer for this character within the last 90 days. Prior to the automated move to Sulfuras I hadn’t purchased a transfer for it in well over a year. There should be no lock on it regardless, especially by your own belief that the automated move on server shutdown wasn’t a “transfer”.