Need Help: Character Dead in Delve - Can't release or reset or unstuck

I’m stuck in the game, unable to release spirit. I’ve turned off all addons, attempted to log-in and back out numerous times. Attempted to exit game and log in again, attempted character unstuck and attempted numerous other fixes. My body is stuck in a delve level 7 at the final boss. I have been attempting to fix this for the last hour. I really would be VERY unhappy if I miss out on hanging with friends later because I’m unable to participate in Mythic 0 grinding or anything because of this obvious bug and/or technical issue that was somehow overlooked. I think perhaps Brann is still alive but got knocked down below and the boss and him are reset but I’m unable to ressurrect because of that. Either way, here’s a picture on imgur /aJ6Ngjm of me just sitting on the floor next to the guy. I’m unable to activate any technical or support tickets for some reason I’ve tried that also but they just keep saying they worked and then no ticket pops up. I think it’s just automated to ignore anything that comes it’s way.

EDIT: Stuck service was able to move me away from the boss but the problem continues to persist. I’m unable to resurrect because a member of my group is still in combat.

You’d want to log off for about 20 or so minutes to see that you’re offline and move you out of the dungeon, or at least out of combat at the entry.

4 Likes

I can try that, but I am not exactly expecting much at this point. I’ve tried essentially everything and the fact that it still thinks I’m in combat leads me to believe it’s not going to close the dungeon until combat ends. Which won’t happen because Brann isn’t loaded in and the boss is already reset.

A soft instance reset is like 20 mins to 30 mins. I have been suck in a raid before doing solo content in old raids.

Best option is to take a break for 30+ mins to let the instance reset then try again. Longer wait is better than logging in and checking too early.

3 Likes

Waited for an hour offline and still in the delve unable to release.

Still stuck after 40 mins offline still in delve, still dead, still unable to release or do anything.

I died on last boss of Nightfall Sanctum and have this same issue, relogging did not work but I did not wait 30 min. Anyone have any luck?

2 Likes

Interesting, mine is also in Nightfall sanctum, maybe it’s something with the zone that needs fixing.

1 Like

Booooo I hope we dont lose the coffer key and get no loot. Mine was on last boss AoE swirlies mechanic.

If the self service unstuck service didn’t work, try a ticket here:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1369/ticket

Tickets at this link are prioritized - no guarantee when it’s busy, but I’ve had one handled in under an hour before.

3 Likes

Opened a ticket, thank you!

Opened a ticket on this issue, hopefully it’s resolved faster than this but looks like Blizzard needs to fix Nightfall Sanctum as this will continue to be an issue for others if they die on final boss.

1 Like

If it happens repeatedly, I’d put in a bug report.

2 Likes

Hard to repeat it been dead for over 3 hours now and unable to reproduce since I’m unable to rezz or fix it :slight_smile:

Blizzard acknowledges they are aware of the issue.

On Twitter, of course, not in the forums.

https://x.com/BlizzardCS/status/1833834123296698645

We are aware of an issue with the Nightfall Sanctum Delve that may cause characters to become stuck if they die. While investigations are ongoing, we suggest avoiding this Delve. Thank you for your patience!

5 Likes

I also just died and got stuck in the same Delve. I submitted a character unstuck request so we’ll see if that fixes anything. I wish I had known about avoiding Nightfall Sanctum before I went there – would’ve been nice if they had posted about it on the login screen instead of on Twitter.

2 Likes

Same exact thing happened to me, so sick of these bugs in delves wasting my damn time. Been hours tried character unstuck with no help, I swear if I lose my progress in this delve after getting to the last boss I’m done with this game.

So character unstuck did not work, you have to have a GM move you physically out of the delve. After that you have to re-enter any delve and hit LEAVE delve

Make sure you submit your ticket with some proof/information.

Then after that you’re good to go again.

I wish i knew about this bug sooner, i just got stuck in the NightFall Sanctum Delve…put in a ticket for my character to be moved sigh.

1 Like

I wish I had known also as now I’m stuck in there. I have the Unstuck service going but it seems I have to contact a GM based on what I just read