Necrolord warriors

I tried out necro just now it might make me come back to my war, since if you see my posts i hate it with a passion, necro + battlelord legendary could be super fun.

From testing on the PTR it will really depend on the contecnt you are interested in. 2 min CD is stilll a little long IMO (want it to be 1.5). But its solid so far, the conduits and Emeni make it extra extra good. can get a 20% strength buff while banner is up.

1 Like

Changes it needs in order to make it not feel like just a trinket.

Conquerors Banner

• Decrease the cooldown to 1.5 minutes (from 2)
  • Decrease the mastery gained to 250 (from 400)
  • Increase the number of allies to 4 (from 2)

This would fit thematically more in line with Warrior. This would give an awesome buff for M+ for tanks and dps, making warrior a great choice for ToP and Plaguefall if you don’t run a shaman or dk (typical necrolords) and even in Raid (just make it buff the party and have fun with all the combinations of classes)

It should just get the 30 sec cd reduction so you could pair it up with avatar, colosal smash. Since 2 min cd is weird and doesnt go with any cds. The mastery buff is not that much so it dont need a reduction.

1 Like

its increased via talent through emeni soulbind from 2 to 4. that is currently i do not know what the PTR has

I just tried necro on retail and it seems so much better then the new change, since crit is better than master and you get the crit buff for 50 sec while the mastery buff is only 15 sec.

Depends on the content i guess, its borderline useless in PVP on retail atm

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/necrolord-warriors/875141/9

The conduit (Lead by Example) simply gives a 2% main stat buff to 4 allies when you use Banner. It does not spread the Banner buff itself beyond 2 targets.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/necrolord-warriors/875141/10

Crit is not better than mastery. Arms values crit more highly than the other 2 specs, but in a 15 second burst window you’re much better off having something reliable like mastery or haste.

I am going to miss Glory, since it’s rather unique, but the good outweighs the bad with these changes.

woops i stand corrected

The live version of banner is bad in every way an ability can be bad for the modern game.

The new version is infinitely better even though it loses the rage spending for crit dmg aspect that a lot of people enjoy.

Yea mb i read it wrong

That’s too fair. I want these abilities to be busted. Should give Haste, Mastery, and Crit. Also allows the warrior to Execute regardless of health% AND be immune to CC.

1 Like

Also makes all your enemies cower in fear while in the zone of banner.

They should let us keep it so we can be Fotm for a bit lmfao

I love how the mastery it gives is less than Pelagos when using spear of bastion…

Pelagos only gives 350. Banner should give us much more than 400 if they are gonna keep it on a 2min CD

Need to remember it gives also a speed boost with the benefit of not being slowed under 100%. And x rage per second. Its not just a 400 mastery boost. Hence why they probably left it ad a 2 min cd. You become nearly unstoppable while generating rage and having a 400 boost to mastery

You’re comparing the wrong thing here; the relevant point of comparison is Emeni’s strength buff. With a full party that’s +13%, which would be +147 strength for you. That’s around as valuable as +350 mastery, if not better - and unlike Pelagos, it will scale higher in future tiers, instead of scaling downward as secondary stats hit diminishing returns.

Comparing the abilities themselves rather than soulbinds, the banner’s +400 mastery for yourself and two party members is going to contribute a lot more damage than the spear does: +400 mastery is around +10% damage, so if you’re each pulling 5k, that adds 500 DPS each for 15 seconds, or about 23k damage, while the spear deals only about 5k. Even at the target cap, that only barely favors the spear. The banner also generates more rage, does the movement thing, and has what looks like a pretty good conduit. (On the other hand, it has the diminishing returns issue again, which may become more relevant in future tiers.)

The big tradeoff against Kyrian is that it doesn’t root people, and of course that is a very powerful effect, especially in PvP. But +400 mastery for 3 people is absolutely a solid DPS cooldown.

Agreed , testing on the PTR shows the +22% strength (emeni and ilvl 200 conduit) is pretty big. Also the +400 doesn’t DR currently. But this my change (same as BL not DR against haste).

My understanding was that ratings are subject to DR, but raw stat bonuses (like Bloodlust +30% haste, Torghast powers, talents, etc) are not. Is that not the case?

Actually, I guess I can just test this myself. Putting on all the mastery gear I have (on this paladin), I’m at 682 mastery rating giving +31.18%; with the Pelagos buff I’m at 1032 rating giving +47.50%. Both are exactly 21.87 points of mastery per percentage, so it looks like there is no DR on the Pelagos buff, and ostensibly (?) not on rating from other buffs like Banner either.

(In other news, why the heck am I getting +357 mastery instead of +350?)