Necrolord warriors

is it viable with the rework of 9.5? i want to lvl a warrior next but I hate venthr with a passion. its already prevented me from maining enhance and I don’t want it to ruin another class for me but if venthry is miles ahead of it then there’s no point

I’m sure once we get that far into the game, there will be countless changes.

Though you’re probably referring to 9.0.5.

Play what you enjoy, if you’re looking for metric driven best performance then choose what is best. But if you’re playing to just enjoy then each covenant is viable. No one can make a call on whether necrolord is going to be good or not this early in the ptr. It can change by mid March when it is released.

I’m necrolord now and find it enjoyable and I came from venthyr at beginning of launch.

Tl;Dr
If you play metrics Pick what’s best.
If you play fun. Pick any one of the 4. You can always change later.

3 Likes

its viable right now.

It looks to be definitely an improvement from the old banner. I thought the mastery buff would be more, but it raises my mastery from 15% to around 24-28% (forgot which specifically). I thought it’d be more, but hey, still an improvement

I tried out necro just now it might make me come back to my war, since if you see my posts i hate it with a passion, necro + battlelord legendary could be super fun.

From testing on the PTR it will really depend on the contecnt you are interested in. 2 min CD is stilll a little long IMO (want it to be 1.5). But its solid so far, the conduits and Emeni make it extra extra good. can get a 20% strength buff while banner is up.

1 Like

Changes it needs in order to make it not feel like just a trinket.

Conquerors Banner

• Decrease the cooldown to 1.5 minutes (from 2)
  • Decrease the mastery gained to 250 (from 400)
  • Increase the number of allies to 4 (from 2)

This would fit thematically more in line with Warrior. This would give an awesome buff for M+ for tanks and dps, making warrior a great choice for ToP and Plaguefall if you don’t run a shaman or dk (typical necrolords) and even in Raid (just make it buff the party and have fun with all the combinations of classes)

It should just get the 30 sec cd reduction so you could pair it up with avatar, colosal smash. Since 2 min cd is weird and doesnt go with any cds. The mastery buff is not that much so it dont need a reduction.

1 Like

its increased via talent through emeni soulbind from 2 to 4. that is currently i do not know what the PTR has

I just tried necro on retail and it seems so much better then the new change, since crit is better than master and you get the crit buff for 50 sec while the mastery buff is only 15 sec.

Depends on the content i guess, its borderline useless in PVP on retail atm

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/necrolord-warriors/875141/9

The conduit (Lead by Example) simply gives a 2% main stat buff to 4 allies when you use Banner. It does not spread the Banner buff itself beyond 2 targets.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/necrolord-warriors/875141/10

Crit is not better than mastery. Arms values crit more highly than the other 2 specs, but in a 15 second burst window you’re much better off having something reliable like mastery or haste.

I am going to miss Glory, since it’s rather unique, but the good outweighs the bad with these changes.

woops i stand corrected

The live version of banner is bad in every way an ability can be bad for the modern game.

The new version is infinitely better even though it loses the rage spending for crit dmg aspect that a lot of people enjoy.

Yea mb i read it wrong

That’s too fair. I want these abilities to be busted. Should give Haste, Mastery, and Crit. Also allows the warrior to Execute regardless of health% AND be immune to CC.

1 Like

Also makes all your enemies cower in fear while in the zone of banner.

They should let us keep it so we can be Fotm for a bit lmfao

I love how the mastery it gives is less than Pelagos when using spear of bastion…

Pelagos only gives 350. Banner should give us much more than 400 if they are gonna keep it on a 2min CD