Necrolord warriors

Need to remember it gives also a speed boost with the benefit of not being slowed under 100%. And x rage per second. Its not just a 400 mastery boost. Hence why they probably left it ad a 2 min cd. You become nearly unstoppable while generating rage and having a 400 boost to mastery

You’re comparing the wrong thing here; the relevant point of comparison is Emeni’s strength buff. With a full party that’s +13%, which would be +147 strength for you. That’s around as valuable as +350 mastery, if not better - and unlike Pelagos, it will scale higher in future tiers, instead of scaling downward as secondary stats hit diminishing returns.

Comparing the abilities themselves rather than soulbinds, the banner’s +400 mastery for yourself and two party members is going to contribute a lot more damage than the spear does: +400 mastery is around +10% damage, so if you’re each pulling 5k, that adds 500 DPS each for 15 seconds, or about 23k damage, while the spear deals only about 5k. Even at the target cap, that only barely favors the spear. The banner also generates more rage, does the movement thing, and has what looks like a pretty good conduit. (On the other hand, it has the diminishing returns issue again, which may become more relevant in future tiers.)

The big tradeoff against Kyrian is that it doesn’t root people, and of course that is a very powerful effect, especially in PvP. But +400 mastery for 3 people is absolutely a solid DPS cooldown.

Agreed , testing on the PTR shows the +22% strength (emeni and ilvl 200 conduit) is pretty big. Also the +400 doesn’t DR currently. But this my change (same as BL not DR against haste).

My understanding was that ratings are subject to DR, but raw stat bonuses (like Bloodlust +30% haste, Torghast powers, talents, etc) are not. Is that not the case?

Actually, I guess I can just test this myself. Putting on all the mastery gear I have (on this paladin), I’m at 682 mastery rating giving +31.18%; with the Pelagos buff I’m at 1032 rating giving +47.50%. Both are exactly 21.87 points of mastery per percentage, so it looks like there is no DR on the Pelagos buff, and ostensibly (?) not on rating from other buffs like Banner either.

(In other news, why the heck am I getting +357 mastery instead of +350?)

Its a pass for me. I just can’t stand that it doesn’t line up with avatar/wb.

That is 100% a deliberate design choice. The Devs don’t want multiple similar CDs with the same CD you just macro together. It both waters down the identity of each individual button and multiple the power of the character’s burst spike. So either they CDs have to do significantly different things or they have to have unsynched lengths so the player has to put some thought into using them.

For DPS, Necrolord won’t be BiS, but it will be be quite good. For PvP, you can play any covenant. Even now there’s warriors above 3k rating with the other three covenants.

It’s looking pretty damn BiS for Protection warriors next patch, though Kyrian and Night Fae could be considered better for Mythic+. However, between the three of them it likely won’t make a difference unless you’re trying to push +20s or something.

Personally, as a DPS main, I won’t be switching. Condemn is too integral to the DPS function atm (imo).

Well it’s gonna be an easy pass for me.

Man this is rough lol… The banner is far and away my favorite cov ability, it just fits the idea of a conquering warrior so well imo! But I’m torn, because personally, Bastion is my favorite zone, and Kyrian is my favorite covenant aesthetically and everything else in what I want in my warrior char, but the banner ability is so cool, I want to use them both :’(

All my current testing is with PVP in mind. But looking good for TSG & Turbo for sure. As well as RBGs. My current issue with SoB is any competent FC can juke it or just get out of it rendering it somewhat null. So the speed buff and ability to not drop below 100% for 3 DPS while chasing an FC is pretty gnarly. Not to mention you can drop War Banner right after it fades.

You might like the new Necrolord banner, since it’ll be carried by you as something of an aura. It’ll be huge for synchronized burst.

Yea thats what i was referring to. I was wanting to go Necrolord since they announced the xpac, but current banner is so meh.

absolute facts, snare immunity/slow immunity is fine but I want to be an enraged battle machine just powering through all of the mages garbage and pally hoj’s while i got my banner going ape crazy - fun fact is when PVP’rs see the banner, they just going to run to outlast the banner and then its over 2 min cd gone :frowning:

Its like that for any class BIG BUFF though. The fact I cant be slowed though on the PTR so far I have caught anyone trying to get away. 2 min CD is still too long IMO though. But really want to play necro lol.

This is the best advice. But, I would let you know that it isn’t fun playing with the banner right now because it doesn’t move with you/can’t be repositioned.