Naxx will be hard

…okay?

/looks-at-self

“Look Fasc, Naxxramas? That big floating loot box? It isn’t going to be difficult or agonizing.”

Best of luck I suppose?

1 Like

That’s what they said about AQ40. People cleared it all the first week and are now clearing that in an hour. I’ll believe it when I see it.

5 Likes

A tiny precentage of the population is clearing it in an hour. And even guilds with like sub 1 hour clears on most servers only do it once for the flex to try and recruit.

My guild does it in about two, but I’m always seeing guild recruits for other guilds claiming 1 hour clears. I suspect they could be fibbing. Either way, it’s a very easy clear, and Viscidus aside, was easy on day 1.

Yes, most of the guilds on our server that advertise like sub 50 minute BWL’s did it once on 1 raid team and their average clear time is like and hour and a half on average according to logs.

Point is you’re heavily generalizing and biased towards your own perspective.

Even BWL, which is easy as all get-out, had tons of guilds blocked at Firemaw.

Not as many people are at the level that you think they are with this game.

2 Likes

Very true. It was crazy to see the charts of guilds that killed rag in phase 1 to the guilds that didn’t kill firemaw after a month. It was like 45% of them or something.

1 Like

By whom?

You?

I am convinced that the only two mechanics in classic are threat management and raid attendance.

3 Likes

You forgot the master loot mechanic. It scales in difficulty with the level of your raiding guild.

2 Likes

Define tough. 1 month? 2 months? 3 months? Or are we talking a matter of weeks. 1 month isn’t tough. 2 months might be too much time for people to handle. lol.

My guild who were made of amazing people, who all came from Retail, who were all newbs, cleared AQ40 in like week 3. That’s just disrespectful to the instance. Not that it wasn’t straight forward to begin with. But still.

Naxx wasn’t this mythically hard instance. People forget that everyone will be super geared going in with world buffs.

Wait whoah, why is my avatar all of a sudden level 35.

My perspective doesn’t actually change the fact that Naxx won’t hard stuck the majority of raiding guilds. Taking an extra 2-3 weeks to actually get Loatheb or 4HM down is not even close to difficult progression.

Firemaw was fun because it actually wiped people who otherwise had no real raiding chops, but the vast majority of guilds killed Firemaw in a matter of a few attempts and did so consistently thereafter. About half of the Naxx bosses are easier, mechanically, than Firemaw, and don’t have near the “oops Taunt failed, everyone took extra stacks, we lose” kind of silliness.

Guilds will take anywhere from 1-6 weeks to drop Naxx, provided they don’t have attendance issues (which is unrelated to the content anyway). That’s well beyond expectations.

Naxx will be easy.

I think a majority of guilds will clear it in the first month of release. Maybe the top 10% or so will clear it in the first week. Everyone thought Twin Emps and C’thun were going to break guilds, however more than 50% of guilds that killed Skeram week 1 killed C’thun week 1. The wipes I saw in Naxx ptr testing were groups of pugs where a majority of the people didn’t bother to look up the fight. If you watched Asmon’s Razuvious video, the priests clearly had no idea what the mechanics were. There are a lot of videos of people one shotting it. Most organized guilds going into Naxx are going to watch fight videos and have pretty good understanding of strats, none of which are that complicated (outside of maybe Four Horsemen).

2 Likes

I mean this was a big part of it. People hated having to get 40 people together to clear content so blizzard shrunk future raid tiers which makes raids much easier over all. Less people to manage, less people to have standing in range of things that chain. Less everything really.

Remember as well we got a cthun that is about 40% easier than he was when he launched in vanilla between talent changes and the hard core nerf he received. Most of the guilds in vanilla pushing him pre nerf were close to killing him and basically all of them 1 shot him after the nerfs and considered him super easy.

The C’thun we have today is the same C’thun that was available for a majority of vanilla. Yes, we didn’t get the broken version that no one killed. Most people in Vanilla never killed C’thun even post nerf, and there was tons of hype in classic about his eye beam mechanic killing guilds. His eye beam still one shots after 2 chains, yet most guilds don’t have that much of a problem with it.

If you look at Naxx, outside of a handful of encounters, the mechanics are easier than C’thun, and the more complicated ones like Four Horsemen or Loatheb aren’t really that challenging.

Yeah but on top of that you also have video explaining every little detail and every fight being optimized for the last 15 years in terms of strategy.

Not to mention DBM. Imagine if you didn’t have DBM or your guild had to code its own in real time for encounters. Even retail encounters that are considered hard now would be steam rolled under the same conditions.

Plus everyone can come fully consumed with all the gold they bought from gold sellers, and if a fight is to hard they can just use teleport or fly hacks to cheese the mechanics.

Retail has DBM and videos explaining every mechanic. Even top end guilds wipe dozens of times with addons and exact explanation of strats and mechanics. To say Retail is as easy as classic is just plain wrong.

Even so that’s all irrelevant. The question was will Naxx be hard, the answer is probably no, not that hard.

This isn’t true in the slightest. Smaller raid sizes didn’t mean less opportunities for mass raid-wipe mechanics, especially given how simplistic and easy the entirety of Vanilla raiding is compared to even just TBC, let alone Wrath and onward.

We had DBM then too, but it wasn’t nearly as robust, but it didn’t need to be either. The existence of DBM is why mechanics necessarily got so much harder to manage, since simply being aware of a timer was no longer challenging in the slightest.

This.