Nathanos pre patch cinematic (spoilers)

The Arbiter sent her elsewhere. And she was a naga, not loved by Elune.

It actually does. We used to think there were specific ones for each race. Some even thought spirits stayed in our realm. There was never this concept of the arbiter. Etc, etc. Sure for some it less dramatic than others. But it changes everyone up.

First, no. I was specifically referring to Ardenweald. ‘They interact with wild gods, so are Night Elf. The loa doesn’t count.’

Second some of it is certainly laughable. Like her taking a night elf form in her mortal form. Alexstrasza’s form looks like a blood elf, same as we see for a number among the bronze. That doesn’t make them blood elf characters.

I have addressed this repeatedly. It is not a reaction. It is not a night elf themed zone. It is an afterlife inspired by celtic mythology and nature themes, neither or which are night elf. Your false narrative is that is is a reaction to Teldrassil. There is no evidence of this and a fair amount against it.

Again, it doesn’t. Literally the only negative towards any loa is specifically and directly aimed at one single loa. And I will remind you, is not even as negative as his own people are towards him.

Again, you are spouting a false narrative.

Again, addressed over and over.

Of some Night Elves. Again, it is the place for those with a connection to nature. That is culture among night elves, so it lends to more going there.

And non-night elven wild gods. AND LOA.

Again, not true. Repeating that claim doesn’t change. She is negative towards one single individual. And again, less negative than his own people.

Nope. Inspired by nature and Celtic mythology. Not night elves. Night Elves do not have a patent on nature.

No it isn’t. It is a forest. That is the similarity. The trees are different kinds. Again, vague similarities to not make a zone belong to that race. NONE of the zones are any specific race.

You literally treat wild gods and loa the same way. Again, goose and gander. If wild gods going to be regenerated makes it Night Elf, than loa going to be regenerated makes it Troll. (Note, I don’t think it makes it either, but that is the argument you are making.)

That is 100% head canon.

Blizzard has told us that people were sent to each afterlife based on their character, not their race.

2 Likes

There’s no helping you, so I won’t bother. Simply posting the Wowhead article so no one else buys this hogwash.

Alexstrasza also doesn’t bind all high/blood elves to her realm or swear that she would have fought on their side.

13 Likes

Just saw this, but we have a Bwonsamdi denier, ladies and gentlemen.
:joy:

3 Likes

Ok, so changing it to ‘afterlife of all Night Elves loved by Elune’, got it.

If you scroll up far enough I plainly state that it’s the afterlife of those who worship Elune.

Vashj doesn’t.
Also, she isn’t a night elf.

If you say so.

She was in the afterlife.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:
I can’t speak to that. I don’t know if Mograine saw her arrive as a night elf or not. It may be as simple as Blizzard wanting to show that those in Maldraxxus (as well as the shadowlands at large) don’t have to be contained as what they were born as if they don’t want to. That’s a big movement IRL today, and Blizzard is on board with that movement.

Again, this has been addressed. How about you put your agenda on hold for a second.

Things you have clearly missed:
She only refers to one loa negatively: Bwonsamdi, and again, less hostile than the Zandalari are.
She doesn’t take a part in any conflict between any group. She is refusing to take part in the squabble internal to the loa. You know the group that have historically spent a lot of time fighting for supremacy.

There is literally nothing there that in any way suggests she doesn’t like loa. And given all the work you do to protect and restore them, the evidence is contrary to that. Keep in mind that we have seen a wild god (and a Night Elf one at that) sacrificed while we are actively still saving loa. If what you claim was true, all the loa would be sacrificed for the wild gods.

But, I fully expect you to say ‘That doesn’t count.’ You have shown that you will ignore logic and reason in favor of your false narrative.

Lovely little strawman there.

Nothing of the sort. It fact it is made very clear that Bwonsamdi is actively cheating the system to get troll souls. And it is costing him. The system is broken and Bwonsamdi is trying to bandage it.

Yep, he/she is working on getting trying to fit as many logical fallacies in as possible. Moving goal post is just one of many.

6 Likes

I know night elves are a mishmash of several cultures but I genuinely thought Celtic stuff was supposed to be a part of it? I forgot who, but I remember there being a night elf poster who really loved the racial symbol because the warglaive stuff was supposedly a reference to the Celtic Knot. Though to be fair, I know “some random thing I half-remember” isn’t exactly a hard evidence of anything.

But I always thought that whenever Blizzard explored nature concepts that it was, more or less, a night elven thing. To me, it always seemed to hyper-focus on serene dark forests, druidism, and maintaining balance. Individually those concepts might not be “owned” by the race, but it’s the combination of all three, coupled with when druids are introduced to the mix, that make me think “night elf”.

And that’s a lot of what comes to mind when I see Ardenweald. It’s not JUST that it’s a forest, or that it’s dark and blue tinted (although it starts to lean that way when the two are combined). But then you add the architecture as well, which I think looks like an evolution of night elven buildings, the mix of wisened/graceful designs of the fae and fawn models that pop up there (such as the deer-centaurs that resemble Azeroth’s dryads), the towering landmark trees that loom over the rest, and it genuinely looks like something that night elf fans were meant to closely attach to.

Granted, this is just my own biased way of looking at it, but I get the feeling that the loa versions of wild gods are the ones that are out of place and just there for the sake of trying to seem inclusive. And that feeling is a bit reinforced when Da Other Side’s link to Ardenweald just happens to be a hole in a tree somewhere.

12 Likes

To your point though, we only save one wild god, and that’s ashamane and I believe we also rescue the loa Shadra during questing and the convenant is all about bringing back nurturing both loa and wild gods while they slumber in their pods. Seems pretty even to me

What would the alternative be? The simplest answer seems to be that he’s right in his claim that coming to the Shadowlands did it.

I imagine that’s the greater scope. We know there’s a specifically transgender character in Bastion. I actually imagine most Ascended have different forms than in life. As well in Ardenweald, people are allowed to pick new animal forms for themselves.

On this note, I felt like I was forgetting something. Caregiver Selenis (Bastion) was actually suppose to be a Night Warrior in some datamining. Though I’m having trouble finding the line in multiple formats, so I’m hesitant to claim it until I see it live.

I mean, it’d be whatever if they changed it. But if they said it and I didn’t see it, they said it. I don’t read all their posts.

I do remember this as well. Infact, IIRC, she’s (he? Idk) is the one who tells you about Elune sending her faithful to Ardenweald. Thing is, you don’t have to stay where you show up. Danuser confirmed this in an interview when discussing Durotan and Draka, stating that when her duty is done in Maldraxxus, she may go to join him in his idyllic afterlife.

Honestly I get where people are coming from when complaining about the cinematic. I loved it, Tyrande absolutely owned Nathanos, he was trying his hardest and she was acting like she was fighting a child. She put no effort into the fight.

It was badass! So I am happy with it, I didn’t want Nathanos begging for his life or whatever like some people claim people want. That is straight up OOC for Nathanos, he was perfect the way he was and wouldn’t have wanted him to act any differently.

My only complaint, though minor considering he is going to the Maw having failed again, was that he “got what he wanted”. I don’t like that he wanted to go to the Maw and be sent to Sylvanas, and got exactly that. So yes while Tyrande did get to kill him in a badass fashion it means little when it played right into his 4D chess plan he and Sylvanas have going, it makes Tyrande almost look like a chump.

That is why I wanted her to use some Night Warrior power to capture his soul and obliterate it so he doesn’t get sent to Sylvanas the way he wanted. I would have liked that, but besides that the cinematic was perfect. Tyrande was perfect, Nathanos was perfect.

5 Likes

I don’t remember or see her saying that. I know one of the other Night Warriors says the Night Warriors should go to a specific grove Ardenweald.

He gives it in the most speculative hypothetical possible. But either way, is there any lore that says Night Elves for Elune inherently go to Ardenweald? I just thought that was your supposition. I don’t see why a Night Elf loved of Elune couldn’t be sent elsewhere.

Thing is that I don’t remember their names to search it up. It took me an hour to find the quote where Winterqueen dabs on Loa, and I did know the names to search for.

But you best believe when I find this quest I’m going to make an entire thread about it.

I genuinely thought something like this was going to happen too, or at the very least they wouldn’t allude to him ending up going to Sylvanas anyway. I guess I’m eating my hat for that one. As far as I know, the only stuff about the Night Warrior before BFA was an archeology thing about it shepherding souls so I thought Blizzard would have made a reference to that.

4 Likes

I thought Tyrande was going to have Maiev imprison him in a fel crystal (well, secondary to what happened, cause trope sense screamed that what happened would happen first and foremost.)

I honestly think he was bluffing on that part, just to anger tyrande further. He knew he was done for and that’s why even when tyrande had the blade to his neck, he kept goading her.

I’ve watched it a couple more times and I admit the cinematic has grown on me. Both acted how I expected them too.

1 Like