Nathanos knew all along

Returning to this, I remember thinking she was going to say “are.” But at the time larger discussions were going on about Kyrians being forced to give up their memories and become blue humans with wings.

I don’t really see why Sylvanas couldn’t choose a Human, though. Alleria chose Turalyon and Vereesa chose Rhonin. If anything, it would be odd for a Windrunner to not choose a Human.

To choose a human both Alleria and Veressa had to renounce Silvermoon and move away, Veressa to Dalaran, Alleria to Stormwind.

Nathanos was unwelcome even being a Ranger Lord and Kael’thas actually tried to strip him of his titles and exile him.

Sylvanas would have had to give up her home and her job just to be with him. It’s heavily implied Nathanos and Kael’thas had a personal rivalry over Sylvanas’s romantic affection.

As the saying goes, if you chase two rabbits you will catch neither one. Even Kael’thas chose Dalaran over Quel’Thalas, even if he ended up regretting not being there when Arthas attacked.

3 Likes

His pursuit of Jaina may have simply been he needed simething to prove.

I like that he has “other” things to atone for in Revendreth relating to his pride than the fall of his kingdom, but they are reluctant to expose what that is just yet.

His pursuit of Jaina was creepy, to say the least.

4 Likes

Very! I’m glad she had enough sense to see through his advances as anything more than preening.

I think Sylvanas knew that too.

I really can’t wait for the book. Two and a half more months is torture.

3 Likes

Given all the fallout in connection with Blizzard, and how poorly handled the latest book was, I will not be getting any more books from Blizzard until there are signs of improvement.

That’s fair, I probably wouldn’t either except for the fact that I have been anticipating this book for a long time and at the very least I want to support Patty Mattson’s work so I’m buying the audiobook.

Just because Blizzard is trash doesn’t mean I won’t continue to support her work.

For Christmas my family got me her autograph and she sent me an email telling me how much she loves this character and she validates Sylvanas’s fans so much. It’s nice of her.

4 Likes

Unless there’s Sylvanas’ side of her fight with Malfurion, which is surprisingly absent from A Good War and Elegy, I don’t imagine there will be any information in the book for me to report on regardless.

I really enjoyed Sylvanas reflections when facing the whisp wall. I think that was motivation enough through her projections. She saw the NE’s as a reflection of her living self and destroying them was part of her destroying her own hope. That does say something positive about the Night Elves if they reflect her best reflection of herself but take that as a grain of salt, that’s my empathic reading of the scene and I tend to read too much into things.

If she was undeniably good in life, then so are the NE’s who she projected into. Some food for thought. I play one, I know they are good. They are the Alliance’s Tauren equivalent. They absolutely didn’t deserve what Sylvanas did to them and I hope renewal is seen as something positive. A reward for being good.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you on that analysis. Sylvanas spent significant amounts of time trying to persuade herself of what she was doing, and that was before she even fused with her Ranger General self. Despite the inconsistency we always bring up from Before the Storm of it not being her plan to be Warchief, much of Banshee Sylvanas’ personal thoughts are involved in lying to herself.

1 Like

Yeah, it seems like she repressed a lot of her emotions even positive ones like wanting to hold Nathanos’s hand. I feel like if she just let herself feel positive emotions and accept hope, even as the Banshee Quuen, there would have been no need for her to have sought her other soul fragment. It would have seriously changed the implication of the split soul theory if she was capable of hope and positivity and empathy without it. It would have had greater personal impact now it’s just a “quick fix” to explain why BFA Banshee Queen Sylvanas was so unhinged, and people still think tgey are two seperate people when they are not.

My guess is there’s a lot of people who still deny the banshee queen ever had the capacity to be good and this was less work in the long run. I’m dissapointed but I don’t blame Steve, he had an impossible task. Some ppl are going to continue to hate her just for continuing to exist.

1 Like

Still really frustrating that my fav, and most played race has to lose years of development, their Capital, and overall made to look like weak and incompetent, all because Sylvanas has the emotional maturity of a 14 year old girl.

4 Likes

I don’t think Banshee Sylvanas ever sought out the rest of her soul? There doesn’t seem to be any indication that she even knew it existed.

Banshee Sylvanas did help some people, whether that was for self-serving reasons or not, but her evil actions far outweighed any good she did.

7 Likes

I also don’t think it is “empathic” to hash out Sylvanas’ emotional issues as reason for her actions. In fact, I think its apathetic towards her victims.

1 Like

You must have missed the entire thing I said, let me share it with you so you don’t get the wrong idea… again.

Yet, your focus is on Sylvanas and her emotional state. The actual victims of the story (Both victims of Sylvanas and Blizz’s horrible writting) are an after thought to you. And you want to say your connection to Sylvanas is empathic?

Hitler was abused by his father. Do you have an empathic connection to him too?

3 Likes

I’ve stated multiple times I play a Night Elf and empathize with her victims too.

I am happy they are getting renewal.

1 Like

This means nothing. I have talked about this before, so I am just going to quote my thoughts on that.

Vengeance IS renewal.

My issue with where they took the Night Warrior story is that it comes off as Elune gaslighting Tyrande because Elune doesn’t want her to die. It would be like Morpheus offering Neo the blue pill or red pill, only to slap Neo’s hand away if he reached for the blue pill, and then saying “It’s your choice.”

10 Likes