Nathanos knew all along

Nevermind, I found it. I searched.

Page 90:

Malfurion Stormrage
    Affiliation: The Sentinels

Furion was the first night elf to oppose the evil Queen Azshara and her demon-worshiping high-borne. He, along with his brother Illidan and the demi-god Cenarius, led the battle against the Burning Legion during the War of the Ancients. He was the first to forsake magic and adopt the tenets of druidism. He has been the spiritual leader of the night elves for over ten thousand years and has worked to safeguard his people’s fragile culture – even from within the trance-like state of the Emerald Dream.

1 Like

I found it a few minutes before you started typing. Fot the search bar to appear.

No “r” after the “f”.

2 Likes

If that was the case the Night Warrior ritual wouldn’t exist in the first place.

Elune already gave Tyrande the power to fight armies. There was no need for her to risk her life for more power that didn’t actually add to capabilities Elune could already grant without it.

7 Likes

That makes him sound like a legendary Pokemon.

4 Likes

Yeah, the Night Warrior didn’t give Tyrande any power she didn’t already have. Once again, the whole Night Warrior story was Blizz making a promise they knew, right from the beginning, that weren’t going to follow through on.

Blizzard took away Kaldorei agency, took away Kaldorei power, took away the Kaldorei home, gaslighted us with our own Goddess, made us look weak and incompetent. Then set up a story arch with absolutely zero intention to give us ANY payoff or closure.

And through it all, told us time and time again “Wait and see” and “The story isn’t over yet” KNOWING FULL WELL THAT THE KALDOREI STORY HAD NO ENDING. Told us to cough up a monthly subscription FOR FOUR YEARS knowing that the Kaldorei story was going to end without resolution, without justice, and without closure.

4 Likes

From the sound of things, that’s because instead of the ending being ‘Kaldori revenge’ which is what you all wanted, the ending Blizz had planned was ‘Kaldori renewal in 10.0’. (Or at least that’s what datamined junk seems to be pointing to).

Everything else was just to distract you and try and keep you invested in the meantime.

1 Like

Green sparklies? I bet the next expansion is Life themed. We are going to meet The First Ones and the Pantheon of Life.

1 Like

This is literally what we got as Kaldorei fans. This was the last 4 years, $720 dollars if you remained subbed for every month.

BFA begins with the Burning of Teldrassil

One year later

Tyrande becomes the Night Warrior and Darkshore becomes a warfront

One year later

The Alliance signs and armistice with the Horde, Tyrande refuses but doesn’t fight the Horde anyway

Tyrande Kills Nathanos at the start of Shadowlands

One year later

Tyrande almost killed Sylvanas but gets blue balled by a gaslighting Elune

On year later

Tyrande forgives Sylvanas

That’s it
That’s the end. 4 years of build up. 4 years of waiting.
Yeah, that is how it ends.

Glad you waited?

5 Likes

Maybe one day we’ll get a Murkion to go with Murkidan.

2 Likes

If we’re really getting involved with the Pantheon of Life, it’s going to be more years of Forsaken fans feeling abandoned.

1 Like

That’s fine. I’ll take more of that than being in the spolight and being the target of the fanbase.

1 Like

To be fair, I do have “Forsaken fatigue,” so it has been a relief to not have to kill more of them in Shadowlands.

Grinding the Warden Towers in Legion for Aviana rep didn’t help.

1 Like

Ahh, same, except for me it’s ‘Elf fatigue’ but there doesn’t seem to be any getting away from that no matter what happens.

3 Likes

Sorry but …what? Have you any Storyinformation we don´t have? I mean…10.0 will be about dragons most likely again.

I feel like no one’s talking about this.

Why include this bit in the story if the character’s going to lie? Why include it if the only way 1% of your readers will know is in an interview?

I never bought the book. I read the summary, so maybe we’re to blame, but what clues are we missing? I came out of this story thinking Sira is sympathetic, albeit crazy. Now I’m back to thinking she’s a traitor. A cowardly, lying, sadistic traitor.

Undead night elves were a mistake.

10 Likes

and with that everything is actually said

1 Like

Imo, the Night Warrior should have never had the stipulation that they all die. Instead, it should have been that Night Warriors often die because they take on insurmountable odds. Like the Arbiters from Halo.

The Night Warrior shouldn’t have given Tyrande a Power up either, we don’t see her do anything she wasn’t already capable of. Instead, it should have just been a respec of sorts. The focus of her power committed to attack and harm rather than protection and healing.

The function of the Night Warrior should have been a reclamation of power for the Kaldorei. Instead of Sylvanas turning on the Jailer, Tyrande should have captured her. Really, instead of Jaina being the main Alliance rep in this story, it should have been Tyrande.

Why is Jaina even there? She had all of BFA in the spotlight, who cares about Jaina at this point? She should be in Kul Tiras.

5 Likes

It is kinda funny that Horde players keep having to quest with Night Elf heroes no matter how many times near or simultaneous quests have Horde players wrong the Night Elves.

2 Likes