Nathanos just went down to level 40s

Forgot all about that ! You are right !

deal ! let’s go, as soon as I get beta and level ro 40

Hunters. All the melee would glance like crazy, but theres a reason they had over 15 hunters, and the its the same reason they had 2 hunters carry them in the SM kill.

Hunters dont glance, they dont get parried or dodged. They have a much lower miss rate than most and can land tons of shots. Once they get feign death at 30 to reset aggro, all fights become a matter of time with enough hunters. Because they do damage while never pulling threat due to feign

19 Likes

THIS. People need to research before they start bashing

2 Likes

Because everyone one who was 60 in Vanilla were epic and not noobs. …

1 Like

It’s the level difference, not the skill. At level 40, you shouldn’t even be able to hit a level 62 elite, or withstand a single hit.

7 Likes

You need to go watch the stream/video. All melee were missing 95% of their hits. I was watching Madseason on his warlock and he literally couldn’t land a single dot. Nathanos went down because they took 20+ hunters between the two groups and hunters don’t have these problems. The mob tuning is fine, we are just better at cheesing out solutions.

8 Likes

Hunters. That is all

1 Like

Look up how hunters work and why they had 20+ of them. Hunters worked like this in vanilla too.

1 Like

I thought people always said hunters sucked back then? :slight_smile:

STOP SAYING THIS

Hunters can absolutely hit level 62 elites because of the way the combat tables work. Everytime you all claim otherwise you reveal your lack of understanding of game mechanics. Hunters dont have the same problems other classes do. Just a miss rate thats not at all that bad in the grand scheme.

10 Likes

Interesting. I only played a hunter to around level 29 or so back in Vanilla so don’t remember this honestly. I primarily played a warlock and a druid and know that there wasn’t any way I was going to be able to get hits on an elite mob 23 levels above me. It was constant misses and resists.

If this is true about hunters, I suppose I just learned something new.

2 Likes

Man, whoever you were with … suuuuucked. Two decent tanks with dedicated healers and he was not an issue for 20 people.

1 Like

Speaking from personal experience as a hunter back then. It was that player being dumb more than anything lol

1 Like

Yeah! Everyone who has played a private server knows this to be true! Private servers are totally accurate! They don’t get anything wrong!

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

getting a hunter is easy… getting a good hunter is hard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

On top of this a level 40 can absolutely survive a blow from a level 62 NPC, even sometimes an elite.

It’s not like fresh 60s have 10x the HP of a level 40. If those NPCs were 1 shotting level 40s that are basically twinks, they’d be 1 shotting undergeared fresh 60s and solo content would have been near impossible in Vanilla at high levels.

6 Likes

Asmon’s group is still going around killing stuff. Go now and check his group comp. There are 28 total people in his raid group. 12 of them are hunters, almost half the raid group.

2 Likes

I copied this from a guy who posted earlier. He played in vanilla just by looking at his character.

Hunters. All the melee would glance like crazy, but theres a reason they had over 15 hunters, and the its the same reason they had 2 hunters carry them in the SM kill.

Hunters dont glance, they dont get parried or dodged. They have a much lower miss rate than most and can land tons of shots. Once they get feign death at 30 to reset aggro, all fights become a matter of time with enough hunters. Because they do damage while never pulling threat due to feign

Its a 62 elite with less than 40k hp… thats less than HALF the hp of a Core Hound. It isn’t a raid boss. If it wiped raids of 60 they had no idea how to play.

Pretty sure it’s just to make sense. Can’t really parry or dodge a bullet unless you are in the matrix. If someone else does have a different explanation though I would also be interested to know.