Nathanos just went down to level 40s

To put it in perspective, they tried Lord Laekmerian (sp?) the other day and literally couldn’t get him to 99% hp. Nathanos was not a big deal in vanilla.

13 Likes

they’re supposed to be replicating the numbers back as it originally was in vanilla, it shouldn’t be any more difficult or easy, keep in mind they also probably had a lot of decked out/twinked gear for a level 40 there, also with nathanos dead how will we have legion or battle for azeroth

If BRD gets cleared with a bunch of 45s then I’ll know something is up.

4 Likes

My recollection is that Nathanos was nerfed at some point in Vanilla.

Even pre-nerf, he was pretty 5-mannable. I used to show up and wipe 5-man groups who were fighting him, but the only way a 40-man raid ever had difficulty is if there were also 20-40 Horde there to defend him.

1 Like

Agreed. I compared their health from vanilla, Nathanos was a bit over 74k and Lord Lakmaeran was almost 324k. Quite a difference for them both being level 62 elites and the reason, of course, they succeeded in getting Nathanos. For two full raids of mostly level 40s an elite with only 74k health is doable. Of course the ones swearing the tuning numbers are wrong don’t want to consider this.

6 Likes

So, we’re just going to complain about anything we see these days, solely just to complain?

To say Nathanos wiped full raids of 60s is a flat out lie you’re saying to further your incorrect narrative. Hard pill to swallow: Vanilla was never hard. It was tedious. (which is why I enjoy it, the slow pace and socialization).

20 Likes

With all of the weirdness I’ve seen in direct comparison to actual Vanilla videos - I’m beginning to think they don’t have ALL of the data.

Something isn’t adding up. Either they are guesstimating missing data or the way the data is being currently parsed by the modern engine isn’t working out the way it needs to.

There’s some definite wonkiness even considering small things like range checks. Either the numbers are inaccurate or the way distance checks are being executed gives a wildly different visual feedback to the player compared to Vanilla due to how the modern client changed the rendering FOV for aspect correction. There have been enough comparisons showing how different the geometry looks in terms of scale and distance compared to a Vanilla client.

There’s things we can see from old Vanilla videos and things we have to guess - what we know for certain doesn’t always add up to what the modern client is giving us with the 1.12 “reference” client Blizz is using.

As a non-Blizz dev, I’m willing to bet there were a lot of errors in the translation they are either working on or ignoring when the “numbers” line up. I’m less worried about numbers than I am the execution or path those numbers take to be spat out on the other end for the primary feedback loop of the game. We know that feedback loop changed over the years so numbers won’t do the same things they used to or follow the same paths through code to get an end result that is “Vanilla”.

Simply - If resummoning a demon causes the demon’s name to change and lose all learned abilities - you can bet some variable isn’t making the proper rounds through the appropriate methods/functions or is being referenced incorrectly by the new engine AND you can bet this is happening in more places than just a pet’s name.

6 Likes

Please see my reply above to what Teapartos said.

Bottom line, Blizz has it right.

3 Likes

have you seen how many hunters they’re stacking?

2 Likes

If you’d bothered reading the whole thing (you posted far too quickly to read it all as i watched you pop up in real time seconds after I posted) and made it to the end - I challenge you to give me a solution to my closing statement.

Go ahead.

I’ll wait.

2 Likes

I can speed read. And I don’t need to give any solution because you are incorrect so there is no solution needed.

2 Likes

While I understand that these level 40’s are very, very geared at this point with best in slot items, etc., what confuses me is how a level 40 can do damage to a mob that much higher level and an elite. Used to you would basically just get massive resists and wasn’t really able to do hardly any damage if I remember right.

9 Likes

I’m listing a bug that’s been reported multiple times and Blizz already knows about it.

Now what?

The bug that has been acknowledged isn’t a bug and it worked that way in Vanilla?

Go ahead. Tell me how it’s not a bug again.

I see you’re not so quick to speed read now, eh?

Typical troll.

2 Likes

I’m more willing to bet that people just don’t remember what is was really like. Everything is going to be WAYYYY easier than it was back then simply because we are all a lot better than we were 15 years ago

4 Likes

It’s not BFA. Stats > level.

Level doesn’t mean that much in classic.

Sure, they probably miss/dodge 99% of attacks. But as long as 1 attack hits for 1 damage and as long as you can get back without reseting combat, anything is killable.

I bet with 3-4 raids they CAN kill Kazak.

Numbers are fine.

Agreed. I think it can be done but I think there will always be something that is lost along the way. Not saying this is that exact scenario in the OP but from what I have seen there’s a lot that is going on that doesn’t add up to what we know for sure thanks to super old videos.

Heck, I remember missing half the time trying to fight a mob like 5 levels higher than me back in Vanilla. Taking down a 62 elite with a bunch of 40s? Doesn’t seem right.

12 Likes

No he freaking didnt. We killed that dude in vanilla with 3 groups.

A full raid of 60s would rofl stomp him. Yall need to stop pretending. Liars…

9 Likes

Kazzak has massive AoE damage and heals when he kills someone, so that particular example is of a boss who can’t really be zerged down :stuck_out_tongue:

Azuregos, though, yeah, he might be zergable with 3-4 full raids.

i watched one stream, a paladin couldent do much, at one point, said, yay 5 damage, and then got insta killed… its the hunters that manage to bring the bulk of the damage, i think they had 20 something hunters, many of them twinked, i managed to see the dps meter from one of the raids, all top spots except one was green…

1 Like