Nathanos Deserves It (SPOILERS)

This is not a tremendously enriching thread, is it? All you’re doing is either backpatting all the people who, like you, are already celebrating his death, or you’re just serving to antagonize the people who liked him and/or wanted him to grow as a character.

There’s nothing new or engaging in this thread, and I think that’s by design.

EDIT: This is speaking as someone who likewise disliked Nathanos and is glad to see him dead, mind you.

66 Likes

No lies detected. Carry on.

7 Likes

I like how Horde players are trying to take away that tiny bit of justice from the Night Elves after they have been happily stomping them for 2 years.

The Night Elves lost everything, their people, zones, population etc… but when after 2 years the Horde might actually lose a single character (which is going to reappear in the maw anyway), people are instantly creating complaint threads asking for it to be reverted out of pure spite.

Destroying the Night Elves and getting away unscarred for 2 years was fine, but if there’s even a slight hint of the Night Elves getting some closure, it must absolutely be reverted.

I hope Sylvanas and Nathanos die permanebtly and Calia becomes the forsaken leader, just for those that asked for this little bit of justice and fairness to be taken away from the Night Elves because they can’t live with the thought of others having happy moments.

14 Likes

OP is known for stirring up arguments, and his pal has admitted on a few different occasions to purposefully antagonizing people for fun. As you said;

7 Likes

Retreaded mulch can fertilize weeds and roses.

I had some bile to spew. But I think I summed up this thread as nicely as I could.

3 Likes

And this is not a tremendously enriching comment, is it?

My thread is doing this:

…and is no different than many, many threads on this forum, which can be described in the exact same way as :

…considering, most topics, due to the nature of this game and it’s fan base are either “back patting” or “antagonizing” based on the perspective of the reader/observer.

Apparently you don’t find my topic very exciting, so I advice you to:

2 Likes

That is a really great bastardization of Dawn’s words.

But also, what is it you get from constantly trying to rile people up? You can’t honestly think that the eighteen “Big Baller Baine” threads that basically amount to pointing and going HAHA at the people who were validly irritated with the story were anything resembling a discussion.

You don’t want a discussion. You have never wanted a discussion. You’re just here to be useless and antagonistic, and it’s getting tremendously old very fast.

24 Likes

Nobody has background until it is developed as his was. This is true of all characters as introduced.

Characters don’t deserve anything.

Why does that matter at all? There are Gnomes and Abominations in the Forsaken.

4 Likes

I really don’t see the point of these threads and the outrage?
Yes, Nathanos deserved it. Not because he was rude or arrogant, but because he fled EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. after EVERY.SINGLE.FIGHT. That was taken so far that Madeleine Roux even opens his chapter in “Shadows Rising” with explaning why Nathanos likes to escape fights.

That said - you really think we’ve seen the last of him? I mean, we DO know where all the dead souls go to and… who waits there. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

People who wanted a fight got here before cookie recipes could begin, so sadly it seems like we’re going to have dueling grievance threads on top of the forum for a while.

Most of us appreciate the effort to head off this nonsense anyway. :<

4 Likes

Not from my point of view, as I am speaking an opinion about developments in the story of World of Warcraft, though I admit in the eyes of some I may be using :

Wrong. That’s your opinion. I am sorry that the majority opinion on this forum is hatred of Baine as a character, but that doesn’t mean any thread praising his character is antagonistic.

Can you point to any other thread I have made recently, which you think is antagonistic? Or are you just here to, ironically, pat yourself on the back?

I suppose in and of themselves they don’t. But I do think there were characters around that could have been put to better use, or told more interesting stories, which the focus on Nathanos got in the way of. Someone said in another thread that in the Dazar’alor raid we had Nathanos doing most of the talking, instead of Rokhan, who you would think would be more thematic for defending a troll city.

I think it goes against the traditional aesthetic of the Forsaken as a race, and his previous incarnation which made more intimidating, but I suppose they are going more that way in the future with the hide bones options.

5 Likes

No one is doing that.

OP I’ll be frank. This thread seems like a waste to me. I never was a fan of Nathanos. But I don’t see any benefits in creating such threads. Every character has someone who likes them.

From a lore point of view, the monstrosity that BfA was. Sure he deserved it. Like most Horde characters would too.

9 Likes

I think he was particularly deserving of it in many ways that other Horde characters are not, and I should have included that in the OP. He was a key architect of the Fourth War.

1 Like

Why? We were all part of the war. We were there when the tree burned.

Like Saurfang? Sure that’s something and could be the answer to my question. Not saying he didn’t deserve it from the lore point of this horrible addon. But I stand by it, most Horde characters would too.

2 Likes

You do realize Blizz is of Edgelords. They simply cater to different edges of their square, trying to make the square appear edgy.

It is much likley that we will see Nathanos again in the Maw eventually so I would not write him off from the screen just yet.

You can roleplay your character in many ways out of this. My character didn’t participate. But even if you did, it doesn’t necessarily mean you support Teldrassil or committed war crimes yourself. Nathanos did.

Saurfang ultimately tried to fix things in his own way and he also paid dearly for his involvement already.

I don’t doubt it, honestly.

2 Likes

Let’s not be disingenuous here. Night Elves are far from the only race to suffer in BfA, they’re just the most vocal about it. Forsaken lost just as much to Sylvanas and Nathanos, so it’s frustrating that a night elf gets the killing blow.
And then, you guys say it’s nowhere near good enough. Please remember there’s several other races for whom this is just as personal.

2 Likes

Maybe, since more people play them. I have seen plenty of threads throughout BfA complaining about Calia though.

This is true, but from a narrative stand point I think it is more fitting for Tyrande to do it, since she already encountered him despoiling the corpses of her people in Darkshore.

5 Likes

“Wrong. You fail to understand how my drama and tears and spam flagging posts expresses it! …”

That’s all I have seen.