Misconceptions About Thalyssra & The Nightborne

Were it that Aki had a problem with me solely for that, I’d agree. As it does, she does not.

I think that the divide betwen Tyrande and Thalyssra was pretty much manufactured to ensure their allegiance to the horde, if you check horde questing you’ll see that out of the blue Tyarnde reacts just like Nathanos when interacting with horde players treating you like garbage even when you’re trying to rescue Malfurion, typical bipolar disorder a la blizzard.

Nightbourne were created to give the Horde their own version of Night Elves, just as the Void Elves were created to give the Alliance their own version of Quel’thelan Elves, with the classic slim Tuathan builds, something essentially fans of both factions were asking for, if not quite in the way they got them.

2 Likes

Take the railroad spike out of you head and go for a walk. If the World of Warcraft forums are enticing you to attack another poster like this, you need to step away.

5 Likes

[/quote]

No, the dialog takes place in the quest “Thalyssra’s Estate” during the Allied Quest…
wow.gamepedia(dot)com/Thalyssra%27s_Estate
It only refers back to the point you describe.

Nor do I see how you get your characterization. The text is clear that it was “Elune’s guidance” to Tyrande that stopped any Alliance.

I mean Thallysrra explicit refers to her desire to have the Kaldorei as allies, shows the visions, and then refers to “Elune’s guidance” to Tyrande as being the cause that such an alliance didn’t occur.

1 Like

I have told you explicitly that was my problem with you. lol.

You brush me off with some lazy attempt at memery. Unfortunately for you, you meme about as well as you virtue signal. And by that I mean, unoriginal and uninspiring.

You might say…

3 Likes

There were Horde fans asking for Night Elves on their faction? I feel like I have never really seen that, or at least not in the same as the demand for “High Elves” in the Alliance.

2 Likes

You lack a lot of context, but thank you for trying.

Again, you incorrectly stated that Thalyssra sought out the Night Elves and were rejected when that simply wasn’t the case.

Thalyssra: I thought our kin would make obvious allies. But their arrogance and mistrust soon proved otherwise.

There’s no mention of Thalyssra seeking out the Alliance nor did the Alliance extend an offer. I honestly don’t know what to say to you if you truly believe Elune had anything to do with Tyrande’s decision or lack thereof.

Even if the Alliance had reached out to Thalyssra, based on the Nightborne’s experience with Tyrande, they were still not likely to accept.

I’m not going to say nobody did, but I sure as hell wasn’t interested. The whole time I was doing those quests and zones in Legion, I mentally squared the whole thing as night elf content and not something I’d associate with on a faction level. Even now, with them officially on the faction, I look at characters like Thalyssra and just…not want her around.

Personally I’m not a fan of swapping racial models across faction lines. I thought it was pretty lame that it happened. It just so happened that BFA made it even weirder in a retroactive way because even if Tyrande came off a little turdy at the time, well…look what the horde did.

6 Likes

You never saw all those posts that claimed that “Night Elves should have joined the Horde?” or that Night Elves would have been a better fit for the Horde.? Of course these folk tend to pass over the fact that the Night Elves had just lost their living demi-god to Hellscream’s axe.

1 Like

Well yeah I have seen those posts before, but I didn’t think they represented a general trend or particularly popular opinion. High Elves on the other hand have like a sizeable fan base and are much more vocal at the very least in my opinion.

Thaylassra didn’t “seek out anyone” Both the Alliance and the Horde had front line people in charge of their respective efforts in the liberation of Suramar, Tyrande and and Lady Liadrin, respectively. So they both were kind of just there.

However they were vastly different in how they presented themselves through the entire campaign. Tyrande was only interested in helping the Nightborne liberate themselves in order to redude Kal’dorrei cassualties and made absolutely no effort to pretend otherwise.

Liadrin however, intimately familliar with the experience her own people had gone through with the destruction of the Sunwell was able to empathise with the Nightborne, that difference is obvious to anyone who has played both the Alliance and Horde versions of the Suramar storryline.

Despite all of that mistreatment though, Thylassra DID make a sincere gesture to reconnect with Tyrande and her sundered kin. And Tyrande put the through kibosh on that notion.

With that context, the idea that anyone could not understand why she took up with Liadrin is far-fetched, to say the least.

As to the Void Elves, their story pretty much begins and ends with Alleria, Alliance darling.

2 Likes

Part of that has to do with the fact that the Night Elf to Horde argument has shaky sand for a foundation.

1 Like

From what I remember, the occasional thread about how night elves would have been better off as a horde race hardly have anything to do with the horde itself. It’s usually from people lamenting how the night elf themes got sanded down around the edges in order to more properly square them away with the alliance, while their wilder side would be more freely expressed (flaws and all, most likely).

It seemed to have very little to do with whether or not they’d actually fit with the horde races, but that could just be my memory being selective.

7 Likes

The dialog in the quest explains why the Nightborne become willing to join the Horde, after not being interested.

It doesn’t refer to how Tyrande had insulted her and thus she saw no reason for ties, instead it emphasizes how such ties were obvious.

It does refer to Thalyssra waiting on answer (form Tyrande). It refers to how that answer was a rejection, by Tryrande, of the “bond we once shared”. All this in a dialog about how the Nightborne were seeking allies.

I mean, if this truly isn’t clear to you, I don’t know what to say. In the end, you can just lay down the situation. Along those lines…
Here is the relevant quest again for those who want to read it…
wow.gamepedia(dot)com/Thalyssra%27s_Estate

2 Likes

Tyrande: The kaldorei will fight to see the Legion defeated and the Nightwell destroyed.

Tyrande’s only priority was defeating the legion. Tyrande has no stake in the liberation of Suramar to care one way or another, as evidenced by her own words.

Can you show me an example of that beyond Thalyssra stating that she thought the Night Elves would make obvious allies?

1 Like

The context is all right here for her to read. The context is you getting called out for being hella toxic, and throwing a fit over it with ad hominem. Which doesn’t make you look any better.

You can’t throw out a casserole of obscenities as a means of demonstrating how level headed you are, and how “unhinged” the person you are attacking is…

4 Likes

I’m going to use this to describe BfA. Thanks!

:cactus:

15 Likes

it’s not much material wise, just the encounter you have doing the race unlocking quest line.

1 Like