Misconceptions About Thalyssra & The Nightborne

Yeah, I’m actually shocked by the claim that Tyrande of all people is one-dimensional. That too with Sylvanas as the comparison.

I hope tyrande will remain as badass warrior priest with and without nightwarrior blessing

1 Like

In character for WC3 Tyrande. Not WoW Tyrande where Blizzard has been trying to turn her into a incompetent housewife with empty nest syndrome.

Don’t get me wrong, I like WC3 Tyrande. I’d just like them to make up their mind on which tyrande they want and stick with it.

2 Likes

So do what was working? “None of you Void Elves on Quel’Danas.” By now Umbric and his lot have effectively proven the void can be used safely and responsibly. Granted I’m 110% sure that’s only because they’re Alliance. Doesn’t make what they do any less evil, but they are responsible.

Once again, you can thank the Alliance for securing it and cleansing it anytime now.

2 Likes

Talking from atop that high horse again. Never change alliance MHPs, never change.

It would seem Ben finally met his match. Let them fight.

We get it Ben… You are a narcissistic detractor, and the only way you can uplift your fragile ego is by putting down and nay saying other people.

Take a break, would ya man? This isn’t healthy. You need to take some time to yourself maybe? Really figure yourself out, talk to someone maybe. I worry about you.

3 Likes

Physician heal thyself. Honestly, you’re just kinda pathetic at this point.

Yeah, maybe. Not quite as pathetic as going around and putting down forum posters for superficial and… Quite frankly, boring reasons. But look on the bright side, you have nowhere to go but up.

2 Likes

Your word is worth literally nothing.

That’s subjective, Ben. We know you like to pretend like you are some kind of arbiter of truth, but that’s hardly the case.

Maybe remember that next time you see a post and feel the urge to put down and shame the poster. Maybe a little humility, and a realization that your word doesn’t mean that much, will prevent you from being the absolute worst.

I saw your fav character is Maiev Shadowsong though, so I give you credit for having good taste. Minus the whole, golden MHP thing you got going on.

4 Likes

My notion is hardly preconceived. We actually agree on a lot of things, my issue is a direct result of your behavior. Your shallow virtue signaling, your contrarian-esq style of like fishing by shaming and putting down other posters for their thread ideas. The hyperbole and ad hominem in which you seem to live.

I mean, just look at the post you JUST made. And you are going to say I am unhinged? That -I- need to fix myself? It’s obvious you are posturing once again. If my call outs really meant so little, you wouldn’t take the time to reply to literally everything I send your way.

Take your own advise, my dude. Fix yourself. Find a little humility, it’ll do you good.

5 Likes

Actually, you have missed the biggest misconception of all, Thalyssra did not pick the Horde because of what Tyrande said. The fact is that, in spite of what Tyrande said, Thalyssra didn’t pick the Horde at all. She first picked the NE and asked them to be allies. Tyrande actually turned her down and she only went to the Horde as a second best choice (For the Horde!)!

From the relevant Allied Race quest…

Actually, you have missed the biggest misconception of all, the Thalyssra picked the Horde because of what Tyrande said. The fact is that, in spite of what Tyrande said, Thalyssra pick the NE and asked them to be allies. Tyrande actually turned her down and she only went to the Horde as a second best choice (For the Horde!).

Referring to this earlier exchange…
Tyrande Whisperwind says: The kaldorei will fight to see the Legion defeated and the Nightwell destroyed. Beyond that… we shall see where Elune’s wisdom guides us.

Then the vision ends and…

First Arcanist Thalyssra says: It would seem “Elune’s wisdom” guided her away from the bond we once shared. So be it.

6 Likes

I love that the Nightborne didn’t want to join this world as conquerors and then just merrily go along with the War of Thorns.

HMT and NB got shafted story wise for this because Blizzard pushes this stupid MoP 2.0 expansion down our throats without even giving us MoP’s awesome gameplay.

9 Likes

While I’m not sure I agree with a response in kind, you posting on this thread has been nothing but ad-hominem attacks. And it is kinda understandable that people would respond in kind.

7 Likes

You’re mistaken and are only perpetuating further misconceptions.

The dialogue you reference between Thalyssra and Tyrande took place when the Nightborne, Night Elves, and Blood Elves were beginning their march on Suramar in the quest Take Me To Your Leader.

Thalyssra shared that vision with Liadrin in the Allied Race quest to exemplify Tyrande’s mistrust and why Thalyssra no longer considered them to be allies. Thalyssra never sought out the Night Elves in a capacity to join them in the Alliance and was rejected.

What have the Nightborne conquered? The Nightborne’s perspective on the Burning of Teldrassil was never explored in-game.

If the Horde’s veterans struggled to rebel against Sylvanas, you really thought the Nightborne, a fledgling race to the Horde would be leading the charge?

Were it that Aki had a problem with me solely for that, I’d agree. As it does, she does not.

I think that the divide betwen Tyrande and Thalyssra was pretty much manufactured to ensure their allegiance to the horde, if you check horde questing you’ll see that out of the blue Tyarnde reacts just like Nathanos when interacting with horde players treating you like garbage even when you’re trying to rescue Malfurion, typical bipolar disorder a la blizzard.

Nightbourne were created to give the Horde their own version of Night Elves, just as the Void Elves were created to give the Alliance their own version of Quel’thelan Elves, with the classic slim Tuathan builds, something essentially fans of both factions were asking for, if not quite in the way they got them.

2 Likes

Take the railroad spike out of you head and go for a walk. If the World of Warcraft forums are enticing you to attack another poster like this, you need to step away.

5 Likes

[/quote]

No, the dialog takes place in the quest “Thalyssra’s Estate” during the Allied Quest…
wow.gamepedia(dot)com/Thalyssra%27s_Estate
It only refers back to the point you describe.

Nor do I see how you get your characterization. The text is clear that it was “Elune’s guidance” to Tyrande that stopped any Alliance.

I mean Thallysrra explicit refers to her desire to have the Kaldorei as allies, shows the visions, and then refers to “Elune’s guidance” to Tyrande as being the cause that such an alliance didn’t occur.

1 Like