Name Violations

The game did not crash. It logged you out to force a name change. The GM was still there which is why it happened again, and if I had to guess the 1 day suspension.

It sucks that this all happened without you having seen the email reason why yet. When you get back in, I would suggest using the in game suggestion to recommend to change the message on the flagged for rename. Perhaps something like We advise you to not use the same name as further action may be taken, or something along those lines.

This way the player, independent of the email, kind of knows what happened and does not find themselves in this same situation

Just an idea.

8 Likes

Just stop. You know exactly why you named your character this, and you know know exactly why, as you yourself claim, your guildmates thought it was hilarious. You’ve also said that you knew the name was “on the line” and “risque”.

We understand that you may not understand the process Blizzard goes through, and that’s fair. If you have further questions beyond what’s been explained, then please feel free to ask and we can clarify.

Just stop trying to feign innocence at the name.

7 Likes

It’s those assumptions “oh you knew” that are causing problems. Here is me response you you ASSUMPTION!

No

and not innocence. Simply a unfamiliarity with a slag term.

Good news, now you know that Blizzard has some standards on character naming, rules that have not really changed in years. Hopefully this will help you in the future with picking more appropriate names for your characters in the future. Should you find you have more names that might cause similar concerns, your best bet would be to self report those now as well.

12 Likes