Name Violation - Account suspension ( i am paying a game that i am afraid to play)

[Removed] was the name

how is this offensive? its a complement at the most. How can anyone get offended by this.

3 Likes

RP realms DO have specific naming requirements.

1 Like

This name would have been in violation of the EULA before they relaxed the naming restrictions.

uh

2 Likes

It’s in reference to anatomy. Anatomy references, especially ones with biological functions, are a big red flag.

I reported someone with the name “ILIKEBIG(FemaleReproductiveOrgan)” and the GM told me they were banning them.

Using common sense will prevent your toons from getting banned.

1 Like

Ditto. That would get an insta-ban on any realm I know of.

1 Like

I’m as surprised as you are in that he got away with it to begin with AND how long he lasted with it.

He played that character a lot too.

1 Like

Someone had a bad day if you had it for that long with no issue lol

Yep. At some point they rely on players to call this out.

LIke me. In otehr games I have had interesting names based on Japanese words. Could be deemed bad words. Or violates not adverstising brands in game. One name was the common nickname for a common brand of Japanese sake I was partial too at the time.

You’d have to know what they are for a start. And at least in my case those who knew them found the names funny. Now you get the player with less of a sense of humor and other things can happen.

1 Like

People abuse the name report feature and with the automated system it will ban you instead of a gm checking the violation. Even a ticket with no offense is no guarantee to be rectified.

Just argue that it’s French for Tea, but you used the wrong accent.

I have never seen a ban outright for a name that offended someone’s delicate sensibilities.

Usually they will contact you and tell you to change it. Unless I am misremembering you got the name change for free as well.

This is very odd. Then again we are in this weird twilight zone were everyone is hyper vigilant to be offended and cry to their mommies.

The OP says he was banned because after he was forced a name change, he renamed his character the same thing.

3 Likes

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

If you bypassed the name restrictions then you deserve the ban. If you did nothing wrong contacf support and plead your case.

There are a lot of left wing radicals, neo feminists, and sjws on the internet now that get “triggered” by certain shapes and sounds causing them to violently react. Because of this blizzard has to respond automatically when an influx of reports come in and then manually fix them.

Happened to me a while back on a toon I named cybergoddess. Keel in mind I was 15 at the time so cyber to me meant gameworld and goddess is intuitive. Well apparently unbenounced to me at me, cyber[adultword] was also a new reference i the gaming world and I was punished for the similarity. Keep in mind, I was like 12 when I actually made the toon and it took 3 years to get banned. I didnt even know what adult films were until 14 and definetly was not interested at the time.

The world is changing. And the loud minority wants justice for everything. Justice for no crime at worst.

2 Likes

Oh. Missed that. Well that was a dumb move on his part.

1 Like

Considering you’ve had the name changed by GMs on more than one occasion now, I’d recommend self-reporting the level 120 gnome. Blizz won’t take action against you if you step up and report it yourself.

You can put in a ticket to request it be flagged for a name change here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/588/ticket

It’s the same link used to appeal a name change, but it can also be used to report any of your own character names that violate the rules.

5 Likes

It doesn’t necessarily have to be offensive to be inappropriate.

2 Likes

Tbh Tacohands sounds like a reasonable name for a Goblin. Assuming it was a Goblin.

1 Like

See even my almost 28 year old brain did not assume cyber to equate to the digital adult world.

To me that word correlates with sci-fi, technology and Daft Punk.

2 Likes